1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

NEW BUG THREAD FOR 1.2.1 (CLICK HERE)

PATCH NOTES: http://riskofraingame.com/risk-of-rain-patch-v1-2-0/

Post 'em if you got 'em, I'll try and keep this updated.
    • Various menus seem to be off-center, in6cluding Monster Log and the main menu buttons (depending on resolution?)
    • Save file progress completely wiped upon exiting game (FIX: This has to do with your save data being unreadable by the game...go into your Save.ini file in the Risk of Rain folder and make sure that there are no redundant sections in the file)
    • Various menus still can't be selected with gamepad, including character selection and the "ready" button in online co-op
    • Gamepad control seems overtly sensitive; perhaps an update with deadzone options? My controller's joystick is slightly off center and it's only become a problem since 1.2.0
    • Subsequent Barbed Wires still are given to the player who picked up the first Barbed Wire, regardless of who picks up the next ones
    • My friend's game completely crashed in multiplayer, losing all unlocks from the run (will look into this more)
    • Opening the updated game for the first time, all of the new items were listed as unlocked in my item log (I could click on them and view their details), and the last 10 items in the log (mostly use items or boss-specific items) were gray'd out as if I hadn't unlocked them yet
    • the graphics look a little strange in full screen (1366 x 768), like the cooldown numbers for abilities have a strange unevenness to them: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/fezzant/ahem/2014-10-22_00001.jpg
    • Spirit Artifact doesn't seem to be working. The run speed animation increases, but the actual run speed does not.
    • Cannot climb up or down ropes, tested with keyboard and joypad (x360 controller)Cannot connect to online multiplayer, game freezes when I click connect then after 15 seconds shows a black screen with "force item sharing" box.
    • Starting up the game is a pain now. Seems to crash on start up repeatedly and requires multiple attempts to run.
    • I had a parent chasing me down in the Field of Sprites. It took a geyser after me and hit the wall; instead of falling down, the parent slowly slid upwards and onto the platform. Caught me off guard and the Magma Worm crushed my fun.
    • Attacks, for whatever reason, don't seem to want to activate like they used to (could be my controller but it seems more often than it used to be). IE skills two and four on the commando occasionally require me to hit the button a couple times before it shoots.
    • The Hopoo Feather seems to activate oddly. Normal jumps may end up being a feather jump, preventing the additional jump you should normally have (with more feathers you can still do those additional jumps, just that the first feather may replace the normal non-feather jump).
    • Red Whip is supposed to give you increased move speed while out of combat yet pressing any button (from what I have tested), whether an attack or opening a container, causes it to deactivate and force you to wait its time to reactivate
    • Artifact of Command has every item available, even the ones that need to be unlocked with the new characters
    • It seems like certain gamepads do not work anymore. I have a USB N64 controller (only one i have that works) that worked fine with the old gamepad stuff, but no longer does. Using JoyToKey as a buffer still allows it to function however
    • Glass artifact glitch(es):
      • Commando still has greater health than all other characters (untested with the 2 new characters). Should have ~11 HP but has ~28 HP.
      • EDIT: Damage is barely increased at all. Did ~16 damage to a Lemurian when I just started a run, was usually around 40s-60s. Seems to be about 200% instead of the listed 500%
    • D-pad movement on my PS3 controller is broken, pressing left moves me right and pressing down moves me left. When I enter menus the d-pad seems to work fine.
    • Joining online co-op games can result in game/system crashes
    • When tabbing out of the game there is no symbol of it in the taskbar, making it annoying to close it for testing and stuff w/o going back into the game or when it has locked up. Also hard to tell if it's still running or not this way.
    • The "Scores and Unlockables" menu shows this: http://i.imgur.com/6dZjO8e.png
    • Unable to change resolution in game and cannot change scaling.
    • Attempting to connect to a person who is not currently hosting can cause the game to crash catastrophically, and almost takes down Windows entirely.
    • The "Share Items" button is missing from the multiplayer screen, resulting in the game is always forcing sharing, without a way to turn it off.
    • hit an invisible wall fighting the Ifrit. tried to basic attack the wall, started moving forward, stopped and fell down inside the walls. tried to jump out of the world to reset, fell and and got teleported up to the right corner
    • Keyboard(native, on laptop)no longer works, tried to bind it to different keys, no luck. But the Esc. key works to open the menu (POTENTIAL FIX: Delete Prefs.ini file)
    • Passive items now despawn if not picked up within a certain amount of time. This basically ruins all strategy for playing in multiplayer, as you're now unable to leave items for other players to pick up later.
    • SHOOTING EFFECTS ARE GARBAGE/WRONG! Immediately if I go to shoot an enemy, the bullet stops on the edge of the sprite. Which is larger than them. Could've sworn in the previous Risk of Rain that bullets actually hit their target, not the boundary of a transparent sprite many pixels away.
    • Falling off the bottom of the map, instead of killing you or something, teleports you near to the top left corner

• ___________________________________________
      ############################################################################################
      FATAL ERROR in Fragment Shader compilation
      ShaderName: shd_color_swapper_16

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Risk of Rain\memory(223,4): error X5200: (Third source param) Invalid register number: 38. Max allowed for this type is 31.

############################################################################################
    • Game doesn't even launch for me (multiple attempts). When I try to launch the .exe from directory, it gives me "The procedure point InitOnceExecuteOnce could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."
    • If you have your mouse over an ability to show stats while you're teleporting to the next level the text stays there and never goes away.
    • You can unlock the Chef without the Bitter Root if you unlock bitter root in the same run.
    • Not sure if it a bug or simply a case of imbalance but the new Chef character with ancient scepter can do ludicrous damage to any type of magma worm. At the earliest levels in Monsoon, it was instant-killing. Simply get a scepter and double-tap your first [z] ability, boom. Also the cleavers appear to do excessive damage if you can an enemy at their max boomerang range. There were some larger enemies that I was hitting 10+ times with one swing.
    • Start is forcibly mapped to pause; cannot be changed
    • I started a game and there were invisible walls like everywhere, preventing me from finding the portal so i couldn't go to the next level.
    • Mercenary's Eviscerate skill description at the single player character select. The text is one line too high and the skill name is overlapping it.
    • Jumping is a bit spotty, ESPECIALLY with the Hopoo Feather...sometimes jumps won't register at all and other times you'll go straight to your "double jump" from the ground, completely skipping the initial jump
    • Mercenary's special attack (Eviscerate?) can get 'stuck' when you have Ancient Scepter (upgrade final skill), major game breaking bug as it won't get un-stuck unless a monster happens to be nearby, which ends it after attacking them for some reason.
    • Mercenary's blinding assault gets "stuck" on jellyfish and sometimes other enemies, where instead of dashing through you hit them. On jellyfish this basically means you are garaunteed to take damage.
    • On the frigid level in the bottom left of the map instance where Glass spawns there is an invisible ledge and a hole in the ground that monsters can't see (watched droves of them dive into the hole)
    • When playing Chef, exp and gold at end of level "misses" him and visually is collecting to the bottom right of his pixel.
    • Chef's hit box is too small. You can stand ontop of clapping crabs/golems and just slightly to once side and get missed.
    • While playing chef (haven't tested other characters yet) many of the "vines" in the fungal garden and the moonlit area are able to be climbed much lower than the art indicates. Allowing you to hang in "mid air" beneath the vines.
    • On the moonlight level on the very far right side if a light Child falls off the right side and hits the jumper pad he will fly to the very top of the screen then very very slowly (as if using 2-3x jetpack) fall down, to repeat this process infinitely. If non-elites are knocked off, they will stop, but elites being stuck in this loop can extend a level's play time considerably.
    • the Loader's basic attack string doesn't work just by holding down the button, only the 2nd and 3rd attack in the sequence can be held down, you have to press repeatedly to chain 1 and 2.
    • Most enemies have become rather... Dumb, to say the least. Often standing in place, idly, for seconds and taking whatever you throw at them.
    • Enemies that could jump up 1 block ledges seem to now have trouble doing so, running into the wall repeatedly trying to find out how to get up.
    • Larger enemies like Sand Crabs, Greater Wisps, and Whorls can no longer walk over 1 block gaps making them significantly less threatening and the game easier.
    • If you have Hoopoo's Feather every time you jump off a ladder or vine you will use up the double jump first instead of jumping normally
    • Flying Lemurians sometimes make the mechanical spider sound effect when shocked. (Not sure about other dmg)
    • Cannot assign player controls in local coop mode. The game assigns keyboard to 1st player, controller 1 to the second and so on without the option to change it.
    • Commando can knock back Parents with his normal attack combo
    • Monsters will sometimes never notice you if you are "behind" them, unless you shoot them.
    • Online co-op is extremely unstable in general. Non-hosts frequently crash/disconnect for seemingly random reasons
    • Parents can't seem to walk up or down 1-high ledges. Removing them as a threat in this game.
    • Magma worm AI greatly weakened. I could stand in the same place as the worm burst out of the ground 3-5 times before he would even aim at me. It also no longer seems to change direction in mid air to track you down. Magma worm is no longer much of a threat.
    • Character's feets (1-2 pixels) can be seen at the bottom line of snow in the tundra when you walk.
    • On the Ancient Valley map (variant without the large bridge at the top) I spawned Ifrit, killed him, then fell through an invisible hole to my death
    • Glass doesnt up your damage as much as it used to
    • The majority of ladders and ropes in the game are longer than they should be (already mentioned it earlier), but when you combine this with the brand new hyper-sensitivity when using a joy-pad on a gaming mouse

• ###########################################################################################
      FATAL ERROR in
      action number 1
      of Draw Event
      for object oParticleEngine:

Fatal Error: Can not create vertex buffer of size 98304 bytes
      8999 vertex buffers allocated with total size of 846528 KB
    • Got the "Fail 3 shrines in a row" incorrectly: in the first level I failed twice in a money shrine, obtained an item the third time (don't remember which). Then finished first level and went to mushroom caves and failed a health shrine. And I got the unlock.

• When trying to remap my Xbox360 pad controls, as soon as I clicked on the Jump control the game crashed with the GM error window:

xinput1_3.dll is nowhere to be found in the game installation.
    • I just duplicated a use item by holding the 'use' button on my controller as I picked it up. Gave me the item and left a duplicate that I could still pick up.
    • This happens with any character now except huntress. Normally play commando in mid air when I attack all my forward motion stops. I can no longer attack and move which makes the character useless.
    • Another bug i believe is on the rusty jetpack. on random platforms you can not jump. You can see the rusty jetpack animation go off but you are glued to the ground till you move off the platform or it decides to start working
    • Steam achievements not unlocking.
    • When on a rope, or even standing above one, pausing the game and unpausing causes you to climb down the rope.
    • The d-pad isn't assigned properly when using a 360 or xbox one controller
    • The item/monster log and scores and unlockables menus are impossible to navigate with a controller, the only thing you can do is exit out of those menus by pressing LB :s
    • Selecting start single player with a controller, boots you straight into the game, with no ability to choose character or artifacts.
    • Keyboard/controller binds aren't saved
    • Sacrifice in combination with command makes it so normal mobs never (or rarely?) drop chests. Bosses drop 2 chests instead. (It never used to be like this, I always used to play glass/sacrifice/command combo.)
    • Resolution doesn't save when quitting and restarting; every time I click anything in the menu the window repositions itself a tiny bit underneath the taskbar. Also happens when I start a new game or enter a new stage.
    • I apparently hit invisible walls with my attacks, and it feels like my attacks don't hit the enemy very often. Especially evolved lemurians.
    • I just idled for a while (~20 minutes) and tried to play the game that I had paused. The fps was hella low, around 3-5 or so. I paused and tried again, now it was at 20-30 but it kept freezing when I tried to use any skill. It apparently affects the entire game, I went back to main menu and it never went back to normal.
    • Filial Imprinting: my squishy doesn't seem to be dropping any buffs.
    • On the final level, I was fighting by the door to the bridge and was low on health, so I escaped down the ladder toward the med bay. There were no enemies anywhere near me, the Imp Overlord I had been fighting couldn't follow, however after a second or so of standing down there I died from apparently nothing. On the Game over screen it said I was killed by the Imp overlord, but there was no attack animation from it and it was no-where near me.
    • I've been stuck in the wall VS Ifrit, this bug is already report but 1 min before i got Red Whip, i think it's an other reason
    • Playing as chef, I was doing a multi-loop run where I was gathering a lot of items and trying to do an endurance run. I accidentally fell down in the artifact area in the Desolate Forest and jumped off the cliff to get out since I already had the artifact. When I jumped off, I teleported to the top left of the screen and couldn't move, however I could use some of my moves. After a few seconds my game froze and I had to restart my computer.
    • Frozen Tundra - You can fall through the map and freeze the game by having the Hoopoo Feather and the Red Whip while the Spirit Artifact is enabled.
    • Overloading Magma Worm's hitbox is too wide and not tall enough. I got hit across the map by it and never had an issue with it before.
    • Netcode is still buggy - invincible enemies breaking the game for the person that's not the host if the host dies. Possible lag compensation error.
    • Flying enemies get stuck in the ground in the Magma Barracks occasionally.
    • Han-d can still shoot the drones while dead, despite what the bugfix notes say.
    • Huntress turns invisible when using the Blink (dodge) move sometimes.
    • Blazing Elite Mobs have invisible fire most of the time.
    • Oiling enemies with Chef often makes them spaz out and vibrate left to right rapidly
    • When moving the camera shakes in an odd way. Like, not the camera but the sprites move when the camera moves.
    • In the opening cutscene providence appears behind all of the furniture sprites.
    • The game didn't wipe my saves but the item log numbers are sure off because I discovered the soldier's syringe and when I opened the item log it actually showed me the goat hoof.
    • In the dried lake level I sumbled upon an invisible wall in the middle of the map near the two platforms that needed you to jump down to get to the high ground, cannot describe sorry. I had taken a screenshot with print screen and it printed the steam library instead.
    • Forgot to add that Chef's dice + sear make the enemy get knocked back into weird directions sometimes. Almost caused me to die a few times.
    • Young Vagrants don't have health bars
    • Loader achievement doesn't trigger until you finish the level.
    • The main attack on the loader is RSI inducing and makes me never want to play him again.
    • After I died as the chef and my friend carried on, sometimes my character reappeared doing the jumping or attacking animation.
    • I got the achievement for FlambĂ© 10 crabs while playing as the loader, my friend, as the chef, didn't.
    • Sometimes, when tabbing out of the game, the game won't minimize, but will stay on the screen and I can't tab back into it. Any other window, the taskbar (which I have hidden by default) and such won't come up in front of it, so I can't close the game and have to restart my computer.
    • Using a DualShock 3 with MotioninJoy set to Xinput, my D-pad does not work correctly and I am forced to use the stick instead. The D-pad's inputs seem to work fine for navigating the menus, but in game, pushing Left makes the character move right, and pushing Down makes the character move left. Up and Right buttons both do nothing at all. A friend has a DualShock 4 using SCP Server and experiences the same issue.
    • Mercenary's ult seems to glitch out when the Ancient Scepter is held. I was stuck with this weird looking sprite with no way to move myself left or right. Sometimes an enemy would come within range of me and it would be hit as if i was doing the ult. This would sometimes knock me out of this immovable state and I could continue until I used my ult a few more times. My best guess is that whatever change was made to hit detection on Merc's ult affected its ability to know when to come out of the invincible state.
    • Blighted enemies don't drop nearly as much money/items like they used to
    • A very BIG problem that exists is that people who use Windows XP CANNOT RUN THE GAME ANYMORE !!!
      We get this problem: KERNEL32.dll is missing InitOnceExecuteOnce
    • Jumping with Rusty Jetpack can result in hitting invisible "ceilings"
      • Can occur without Rusty Jetpack; Jetpack seems to make it more frequent
    • I was in an online match earlier today and when I went to look at the graphic menu while focused on my friend (after I had died) I noticed all the text was wobbling around oddly.
    • Strange fonts on some resolutions (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?attachments/2014-10-23_00001-jpg.109628/)
    • A friend also experienced a horizontal thin black line in the background of the Risk of Rain level when moving vertically
    • Elites are the same color as regular enemies (can distinguish with the hp bars, fire, and rockets)
    • Gilded Wurms are invisible in co op, but I can still damage them.
    • Soldier's Syringe permanently locked, regardless of attack dodges
    • Occasionally using abilities while in midair will halt all forward momentum--I've only noticed this happen after collecting a Hopoo feather, and this has happened most prominently for me while using the Mercenary's Whirlwind.
    • Dynamite Plunger projectiles tragically get stuck in the ceiling if there is one low enough above the player. Not sure if intended or not.
    • When I fall out of bounds in Sunken Tomb, it seems to forever keep me out of bounds all I see is the back ground and the sound of me infinitely falling out of bounds. I can still use abilities and items, but I can't see my character or respawn back on the map.
    • After starting the game I couldn't move or jump, but neither could all enemies. I could only attack and change the direction I was looking at.
    • Clicking/selecting things in the Title Screen Menu will take several clicks before being registered. (Clicking/selecting things in the Title Screen Menu will take several clicks before being registered.)
    • Was playing a run with Chef, all was going good, tons of Hopoo feathers. Because of that, on the final level, I decided to vist those funkin' robots. When the party was all said and done, I jumped down the bottomless pit to respawn up top. I did respawn, but in a wall on the top left corner of the map, unable to move. Had to end it there. No idea why. Just is.
    • Monsters can spawn outside of map limits (Seen on Tundra)
    • returning to previous levels for the first time we (online co-op) spawned and were "stuck in each other" on the spawnpoint on the forest map. I.e. we couldnt move at all only use our abilites and turn and were quickly killed by the wandering boss that spawned after.
    • The class select screen still says that Han-D does 400% damage with the 4th ability.
    • (not a bug per se) The application name for Risk of Rain in the task manager is "GameMaker: Studio"
    • When you barely make a ledge with a jump, you cannot jump anymore. You can still move but until you fall or climb you cannot jump.
    • Shops can still spawn inside walls/shop options on top of each other
    • Ancient Wisp spawned a wisp in a wall
    • The amethyst appears to unlock with the Loader's unlock criteria instead of its own.
    • Can fall out of maps just by walking in some cases
    • IP is invisible, and friend's game freezes when trying to join.
    • If you start a single-player game using a gamepad, you die, and you exit to the main menu using the gamepad, clicking to start a single-player game with a gamepad will instantly start it with the same settings you used from the last time you started. Basically, it skips the entire character select process.
    • Being unable to change the zoom setting in the options menu, which is perpetually stuck to 1x. This zoom strains my eyes and gives me a headache.
    • Enemies seem to spawn on you CONSTANTLY. If you play glass, this is extremely irritating because you are suddenly 1-shot by something you couldn't dodge. This also makes dealing with children and wisps really irritating as well.
    • I found an additional one regarding the spite artifact. When getting the artifact and falling off the map, strafing completely to the left results in the teleportation. Normal however you are teleported off the map in what seems to be the top left corner.
    • If I start the game with V-Sync off (if I set it previously), the screen will be all jagged, the image scattered randomly, kind of like old NES cartridges gone glitchy. If I enable V-Sync, this stops. Issue does not crop up again unless I disable V-Sync and restart the game or reboot.
    • I'm unsure if the gods of probability have forsaken me or if the 56 Leaf Clover is bugged, No matter how high I stack the item, i see no chests, and i usually run glass, command, origin, kin and honor.
    • Your class icon on the game over screen can still be cut off sometimes (only legs are visible) - seen on Huntress.
    • The game is no longer recognizing my second gamepad. I can play single player with one gamepad (xbox 360 controller) just fine, but when I go to do local co-op, it is not letting me use another controller. Great Game, Keep up the fantastic work!
    • There are a few places in Ancient Valley with invisble holes in the walls that lead you through walls and make you get stuck if you don't have enough jetpacks to jump out again.
    • Killing magma worm out of the screen will not count his dead not allowing you to complete the level
    • If you already own and have Gamemaker Studio installed, starting it up while steam is on will instead start Risk of Rain. After hours of trying, quitting out of steam was the only thing I could do to allow me to actually boot up Gamemaker Studio, instead of Risk of Rain.
    • On xbox 360 controller, everytime i push X ( jump button ) while near a rope, it makes me climb down the rope instead of jumping
    • Playing as Bandito. Just got the new use item, Chunk of Amethyst. When i used C (movement boost + invisibility), then used Amethyst, and used again C, i got double speed buff for a moment, but when it ended, i get permanently one movement speed buff. I did it couple of times and after like 10-50 times i could ran the map in 1 second. When i picked up Goat's Hoof movement speed gets back to normal.
    • Gilded Wurms' laser crashes my computer, creating a popup under the game window saying that Memory Ran Out.
    • Also if you put the game scale in x1 and close it and reopen, the presentation at the start is in x1 scale, letting you see the Risk of Rain map, ful with broken ship and everything.
    • I was playing as Mercenary a couple days ago on a solo run. Went around twice, and near the end of my second run I started getting an EARSHATTERINGLY loud sound. No idea what it was, but randomly during fights with Mercenary, all the normal sounds of my attacks would be playing then suddenly out of nowhere there'd be this one really insanely loud sound that sounds like twenty million of my attacks going off at once.
    • Another glitch, I don't know if this one still happens anymore but it has in the past: Timekeeper's Secret and possibly Unstable Watch in the past have randomly caused enemies, especially in Magma Barracks, to become entirely passive.
    • Experienced a second glitch on the undersea level. You know how you normally spawn back on to land after falling into the watery abyss? After the update, I didn't spawn back onto land, I just spawned out of the map with the player invisible becoming stuck.
    • When selecting an item using the Command artifact, the d-pad is all wonky when using a 360 controller. I guess this ties with the fact that the d-pad controls the mouse as well as the L-Stick.
    • Once I enter the game, I am unable to do anything. No input works. My keyboard does nothing and my 2 gamepads do nothing. I've tried changing buttons and using JoyToKey.
    • When joining an online multiplayer game I only see the "Force Item Sharing" option and nothing else.
    • Whenever i try to play Risk of Rain on the new engine, my game goes at 1/3x speed, as if on 1fps even though i have a high quality computer (inc a NVidia 770)
    • Ifrits' walls can disappear visually but remain afterwards, preventing you from ever passing them
    • Invisible walls/holes in levels making it impossible to progress, getting stuck, etc.
    • I killed Ifrit and he dropped his Horn instead of an item box with the Command artifact

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
      LastDay and Elvang like this.
    • St.Alfonzzo

St.Alfonzzo Yeah, You!

-Opening the updated game for the first time, all of the new items were listed as unlocked in my item log (I could click on them and view their details), and the last 10 items in the log (mostly use items or boss-specific items) were gray'd out as if I hadn't unlocked them yet
      -also the graphics look a little strange in full screen (1366 x 768), like the cooldown numbers for abilities have a strange unevenness to them:
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
      • Saeryf

Saeryf Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I would've gladly hopped into some beta testing for the update if it meant less bugs... :p

• Shaqspeare

Shaqspeare Aquatic Astronaut

- Spirit Artifact doesn't seem to be working. The run speed animation increases, but the actual run speed does not.
          - Getting occasional screen tearing, especially on snowy tundra level.
          - Gamepad works in some menus and not others.

- In multiplayer games, the characters of players who leave the server appear on the next level, sucking up money/exp.
          - The multiplayer lobby will occasionally bug out and not let you lock in.
          - I'm not seeing the "Force Item Sharing" option at the character screen when hosting multiplayer games.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
          • RikSharp

RikSharp Pangalactic Porcupine

1/ Cannot climb up or down ropes, tested with keyboard and joypad (x360 controller)
            Controller and keyboard both work in menus but when I jump onto a rope and hold up or down, character holds the rope, climbing animation plays but character does not move.
            2/ Cannot connect to online multiplayer, game freezes when I click connect then after 15 seconds shows a black screen with "force item sharing" box.
            3/ Game occasionally crashes on startup, black screen for a couple seconds then closes to desktop.
            4/ Items I had previously unlocked are showing as locked again (although this I'm not too bothered about, so long as it does not keep happening.

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Starting up the game is a pain now. Seems to crash on start up repeatedly and requires multiple attempts to run.
              I had a parent chasing me down in the Field of Sprites. It took a geyser after me and hit the wall; instead of falling down, the parent slowly slid upwards and onto the platform. Caught me off guard and the Magma Worm crushed my fun.
              Attacks, for whatever reason, don't seem to want to activate like they used to (could be my controller but it seems more often than it used to be). IE skills two and four on the commando occasionally require me to hit the button a couple times before it shoots.
              The Hopoo Feather seems to activate oddly. Normal jumps may end up being a feather jump, preventing the additional jump you should normally have (with more feathers you can still do those additional jumps, just that the first feather may replace the normal non-feather jump).
              Red Whip is supposed to give you increased move speed while out of combat yet pressing any button (from what I have tested), whether an attack or opening a container, causes it to deactivate and force you to wait its time to reactivate.
              Will post more bugs as I find them.

• St.Alfonzzo

St.Alfonzzo Yeah, You!

Artifact of Command has every item available, even the ones that need to be unlocked with the new characters

• oa10712

oa10712 Yeah, You!

It seems like certain gamepads do not work anymore. I have a USB N64 controller (only one i have that works) that worked fine with the old gamepad stuff, but no longer does. Using JoyToKey as a buffer still allows it to function however

• Novellum

Novellum Intergalactic Tourist

On zoom scale x 3 the item bar overlaps a bit onto your character level and health.
                    The game is now listed at GameMaker: Studio on the taskbar, as well as inside task manager.

• asdfzxc920

asdfzxc920 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

D-pad movement on my PS3 controller is broken, pressing left moves me right and pressing down moves me left. When I enter menus the d-pad seems to work fine.

Edit: Looking at my keybinds, it looks like the problem is your DirectInput support (or rather, the complete lack thereof).

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Glass artifact glitch(es).
                        Commando still has greater health than all other characters (untested with the 2 new characters). Should have ~11 HP but has ~28 HP.
                        EDIT: Damage is barely increased at all. Did ~16 damage to a Lemurian when I just started a run, was usually around 40s-60s. Seems to be about 200% instead of the listed 500%

• JJRcop

JJRcop Phantasmal Quasar

In fullscreen mode at my native monitor resolution, I joined a friend's online co-op game, and i became completely locked out of my machine, my keystrokes were not doing anything, I had mouse control but my clicks weren't doing anything either. I could still see Risk of Rain, and interactions from my friends were being shown on my end, but I had to shut down my computer with my power button.

• Djoron

Djoron Void-Bound Voyager

When tabbing out of the game there is no symbol of it in the taskbar, making it annoying to close it for testing and stuff w/o going back into the game or when it has locked up.
                            Also hard to tell if it's still running or not this way.

That and /everything/ being reset and the game basically ignoring the safefile is quite an issue. :/[DOUBLEPOST=1414006425][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the "Scores and Unlockables" menu shows this: http://i.imgur.com/6dZjO8e.png

Attached Files:

• Tobash

Tobash Aquatic Astronaut

Unable to change resolution in game and cannot change scaling.

• Karilyn

Karilyn Void-Bound Voyager

This is not actually a bug, that's how all "Out of combat" items have always worked; attacking puts you in combat. Sprouting Egg works the same way. The part about a chest might be a bug though.

Me and my friend have experienced two distinct multiplayer bugs, one which is a high priority system-crashing bug. The other is a medium-priority broken-feature bug.

1. Attempting to connect to a person who is not currently hosting can cause the game to crash catastrophically, and almost takes down Windows entirely. The window loses focus, so no keyboard or mouse inputs are accepted by the game, and alt-tabbing or bringing up the task manager, or anything else does not work; the game won't let another window acquire focus. The only response I can get out of Windows is by telling it to log-off from the ctrl-alt-del menu, which will successfully close the program. This bug is more severe with me than my friend; as my friend's game simply turns to black, but he can still use the esc key to exit.

2. The "Share Items" button is missing from the multiplayer screen, resulting in the game is always forcing sharing, without a way to turn it off. As I normally only play with friends and we talk and communicate, forced sharing is annoying :(

From your description I'm assuming you had the exact same bug as me. In my testing, I could only make the bug happen when I was connecting to someone who wasn't hosting yet, or had stopped hosting before I joined. Is the bug happening to you even when you're certain the other person is successfully hosting first?

• noen12

noen12 Space Hobo

hit an invisible wall fighting the Ifrit. tried to basic attack the wall, started moving forward, stopped and fell down inside the walls. tried to jump out of the world to reset, fell and and got teleported up to the right corner. stuck.

Attached Files:

• hambuhguh

hambuhguh Space Hobo

After updating today my Logitech f310 controller no longer works in game, and my keyboard no longer works in game.

Elvang likes this.
                                    • TranceKitsune

TranceKitsune Void-Bound Voyager

Oh boy! A new patch! Oh boo. All of my characters and items are gone. Well'p. Hope there's a very speedy fix coming so that I don't have to re-unlock EVERY SINGLE ITEM.

Edit: I also ran into a computer-breaking issue, where if I alt-tabbed at a bad time during game startup, the menu couldn't be interacted with, and would override all other windows. Couldn't quit or close the game, couldn't view task manager. Had to restart my pc.

• bejibx

bejibx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My gamepad does not work and also all my progress lost (

Elvang likes this.
                                        • ErxenP

ErxenP Orbital Explorer

Still no Executable for mac version.