1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Bug] Creatures don't look the same to all players

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cynerva, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Cynerva

Cynerva Space Hobo

I've been playing Starbound with a friend at a distance. It took us surprisingly long to notice this, but all the creatures we've encountered look somewhat different between my client and hers. Sometimes drastically! It seems like a little thing, but this is actually probably our biggest immersion breaker so far.

I'm playing on a Linux64 client, she's playing on Windows. That's my best guess to explain the inconsistency. If it matters, the server is hosted on Linux64 as well.

Hit the spoiler for some examples! Left side shows how I see them, right side shows how my friend sees them. (Sorry about the poor quality phone pics!)

Tusk Thing. Also, there's me! Hi!
    [​IMG]

Fast Monkey. These guys are fast.
    [​IMG]

Monty Beast. Don't ask.
    [​IMG]

My personal favorite, the Rocker Squid. I was confused when she named them this.
    [​IMG]

Spider Locust. She was confused by this name, too.
    [​IMG]

Togechu. Perhaps the most similar creature we've seen yet.
    [​IMG]

In general, it seems like the overall body shape and color scheme are consistent, BUT the details differ a lot. Voices are consistent, too.

Any other players observed this? Especially between Linux/Windows clients?

2. Thulinma

Thulinma Void-Bound Voyager

I have noticed this too, in exactly the same way - linux vs windows, creatures don't look the same. I was also using linux64 but I'm betting linux 32 is probably affected too.