1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Breathing on the Moon?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Voxhal, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greymalken

greymalken Void-Bound Voyager

Hyotl racial armour effect for "underwater breathing", which as far as I can tell, doubles your time for holding breath, could also help in airless environs I would think.

Krentaris likes this.
  2. Krentaris

Krentaris Space Penguin Leader

Would be cool, although depends what "RP" they give it, if its like gills then it wouldnt affect it. if it is just an oxygen tank armor then yeh it should.

3. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

I find it funny when people try to make a smart remark aimed at someone's "stupidity," when in reality they are being the idiot. Don't say things as if you know they are a fact, right after an update has occurred. You never know what that update could have added.

Also, why does it take a robotic crafting table to create air-gear? This means moons and asteroids are essentially 'inaccessible' (simply due to death) until you reach the 3rd sector, meaning you are forced to just ignore every single one of them in the first 2 sectors. :(

4. Foxkoun

Foxkoun Space Spelunker

Nobody's stopped anyone from actually going anywhere, the lack of oxygen is just a common sense element. If you're going to complain about making sense then you may as well just adjust everything to easymode. At the present it's already quick to clear-mine a planet or 2, push thru the first 2 bosses and so forth.
    Please people, lets leave constructive critique so the developers aren't bogged down by whine and cheese.

5. Sabata40

Sabata40 Space Hobo

my guess, u find dat item, i already have all tech upgrades and i cant find dat item. . .

PD.: space helmet is a BS Q.Q is a waste of matter, do not work to survive with out air :C

6. Sabata40

Sabata40 Space Hobo

dat helmet do not work :C

7. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

"Wah wah hindsight I make funneh of you because of obvious and simple mistaeek"

It's the Christmas holidays - It's not like I spent four paragraphs explaining the issue incorrectly. So stuff it and stop trying to earn brownie points for being the teachers unwanted pet. I swear, some people on these forums...

ReverendBonobo likes this.
  8. KayBizz

KayBizz Poptop Tamer

Starmap Upgrade MK3 Is the proper item you will have to craft (or for older characters, like my own, re-craft) in order to unlock the blueprint for the air tank.

As for those who are saying that it sucks that air tanks are so "late" in the game and there would be no reason to go back to the previous sectors, I disagree. Granted, for top notch weapons and ores you'll be searching in the later sectors, but some items that you may want to craft are still made up of iron, titanium, steel, etc. and you no longer find those ores once you're above planets level 6.

Tamorr likes this.
  9. namatacka

namatacka Void-Bound Voyager

How about for t1 and t2 adding consumables which allow you to survive in an airless/cold environment for a short period of time.

That will allow players to visit these planetoids without waiting until t3 when you get the backpack.

Could call it the handy space pill. ;)

10. Crosston

Crosston Space Hobo

I have read on the wiki and such an item exists my good friend and it is "The Survival System" It says it can be crafted but to no avail as im in x sector and yet cannot find the recipe for this item as it may be bugged or not even added yet i suggest we look for it on the next update as for they might have forgotten to add it

11. Perkuno

Perkuno Space Hobo

The Survival System does not work either. "This backpack creates a breathable field of oxygen around the wearer" which means you can breath under water but not in space. I was fooled by this as well.

Still haven't found a way to breath in space...

12. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

^You probably died of cold.
    The Survival System does work in space.

13. huntgod

huntgod Orbital Explorer

The survival system most definitely works in space,...

14. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

it was designed for use in space, not the water but thats caused by the way it works and how drowning and suffocating are the same thing

15. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

or better yet a fresh can of air. (spaceballs..) is what that idea made me think of. I wouldn't mind a temporary one for the early stages.

I know I had to use a star map 3 in order for it to show up, only to realize that I would still need to defeat the boss after that to actually make it. The survival system. They really aught to change to unlock at tier for when you can make it, if they keep the recipe as is. Does not make any sense right now to learn it 1 tier before you are able to even make the item.

Should work, as long as you have a some snow gear with you in conjunction with it. airless and freezing are two separate things which can be tagged at the same time. Of course this is only assuming those that have trouble with the survival system were dying from cold.... Make sure the item is not in the vanity slot either, which is the lowest back slot.

16. Paillan

Paillan Existential Complex

Lol, you yust had to remake the starmap upgrader. What I am looking forward to is the ability to make airlocked places so you can make a station in an asteroid, take survivial system off and still breath.

Sariaz and HueHuey like this.
  17. UKFX

UKFX Star Wrangler

What this guy said. :)

18. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

This

Shiho likes this.
  19. orca291

orca291 Space Hobo

There is a space suit for underwater, moon and asteroid belt breathing. I hope I helped

20. Aphala

Aphala Aquatic Astronaut

Needs more Moons! :D

Serenity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.