Bounty Hunters!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Rekalty, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Upset an alien race too much, raided and killed their kind, pillaged their precious resources? Then they might just hire Bounty Hunters to kill you, these will be able to chase you anywhere, expect your spaceship. But, just as the AI/NPC may do this, you should be able to do it yourself. It's not cheap, but it is effecting and adds a bit more randomness to the game :)

Enot, peterd, DBeslan and 11 others like this.
  2. TeoTheDriller

TeoTheDriller Big Damn Hero

As a choice to be activated or not in the start of the game, yeah, i agree.

I'm just curious. Since probably the player is immortal, death is not a problem, you just get back somewhere without equipment. So... what would be a good enough punishment to be made when you upset an alien race too much? Perhaps the Bounty Hunters show up at the worst possible moments, in boss battles, exploration far from home, dangerous environments, or maybe the civilization gets various stuff of you as resources, outposts...

3. HazardJake

HazardJake Void-Bound Voyager

I think it'd be a great idea so you'd never let your guard down when you explore.
    The farther you go from your home planet, the greater the chance of getting ambushed.
    Perhaps you could even hire bounty hunters or mercenaries to join your cause as well!
    ~Jake

FixelPixel likes this.
  4. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Well, it shouldnt be something that would haunt you for the rest of your immortal-ever-respawning-life. Likely a "debuff" you get when you have angered a faction/race too much, and for the next x minutes, there's a chance that a squad of bounty hunters will try to assassinate you.

5. HazardJake

HazardJake Void-Bound Voyager

Feels a bit like AI attack waves in AI wars though, I think even by just having a large amount of dosh (grab it while its hot!) they'd be out to get you.
    ~Jake

6. PurpleHamsta43

PurpleHamsta43 Star Wrangler

Ill call my self " The killer" Im joking... my luck i dont kill anyone

7. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I feel like sending bounty hunters after my friends now. -3-
    Perfect use of all those spare pixels.

Rekalty likes this.
  8. Sir AppleSeed

Sir AppleSeed Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now I like this, but why stop there? Maybe you could also 'help' a race. So maybe every now and again they rally with you, or give you a uncommon/rare piece of tech? Either way, I like your idea.