Beta Testers.....

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Shadow, Feb 22, 2012.

?

Should There be one?

1. Hell YEA!

375 vote(s)
    87.4%
  2. GOD NO!

54 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. Shadow

Shadow Master Chief

I am A Fan of this game and I (or Should i Say the Forum) Is having a big Question Mark.
    Is there going to be a beta testing? (max 8 People?)
    I know that we cant all be a beta testers
    For Examlpe: Millions are going to play this game and there is going to be alot of bug's and they will complain about
    huge bugs, But all of the Bug's must (Not maybe But MUST) begone or the game is still unfinished And alot of people will not notice the small bugs but the huge ones only.
    Point is: Is there going to be Beta Testers?

Lachee, Dashiel, ChaoticGamer and 6 others like this.
  2. Cobaltcakes

Cobaltcakes Cosmic Narwhal

You do realize that this was answered in the FAQ itself, right? :p

Lachee, Lugubrious, §hifter and 12 others like this.
  3. Shadow

Shadow Master Chief

oh Thnx xD
    Didnt notice that :/

But Still, I mean Like The Non-Public Beta (only Beta Testers xD)

4. Kjkillercom

Kjkillercom Pangalactic Porcupine

I am curious if they will be taking volunteers for the testing phase.. I would of course love to be a beta tester since I have a habit of doing things that can make a game explode sometimes.. lol

Lachee likes this.
  5. bertie242

bertie242 Void-Bound Voyager

They should allow some prominent let's players to play the beta, like Terraria did.

Oricalcum, The Wyrm, xboy777 and 2 others like this.
  6. Shadow

Shadow Master Chief

Just Leave Some Sugg's and that will support the forum alot :3

7. Wired

Wired Big Damn Hero

I think a closed beta is needed. But a open beta no.

IceKing likes this.
  8. There will probably be a closed beta, than maybe a short Alpha Version that will cost less than the game will, like minecraft did.

Singularius and fireandlce like this.
  9. Wired

Wired Big Damn Hero

I hope not. I think a game should have a realise date and closed tests. The whole open alpha thing I'm not a BIG fan off. But can't say I don't want it because I want to play the game now :3

10. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Honestly, I don't want to be a beta tester, I want to play the game just like everyone else. The surprise of not knowing is half the fun.

creepwolf, Lachee, Soprano and 6 others like this.
  11. Z_Evil

Z_Evil Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to try being a beta tester. Being a graphical kinda person I could easily create some addition items that might be lacking, and if it is C++ I could probaly glance and try to figure where a bug is being caused. Otherwise I have been in a few beta's and such and know how to go about informing of bugs and things I find. Being someone who usually investigates what ever he can... I find those hidden bugs too.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  12. Shadow

Shadow Master Chief

Question is ,, Are You Ready?"

13. Mr.HotDog

Mr.HotDog Void-Bound Voyager

There will be a free beta as far as I know it will contain limed amount of content, so if there is a limed amount of data I am pretty sure there will be a few testers and the suggestion of Bertie242 noticed about the terraria testing there maybe comes a few things that you need to do to be a tester like:
    Be a active member.
    Must be 18+ (like in terraria).
    Must not leak any data to the public.

IceKing and jojowithmojo like this.
  14. Shadow

Shadow Master Chief

Beta Testing Isnt Fun And Game's Its that you Test The game Its Like a Demo, Only you need to Be On youre Toe's Or you will Fall to The Wrong side.
    I (for Instance) Am Ready, And Was Usually Seeing Alot Of Bugs in terraria 1.0.3 And Newer Versoins Aswell.

15. Um,What?

16. CookieMillz

CookieMillz Void-Bound Voyager

Wondering the same thing

17. Shadow

Shadow Master Chief

Are You Ready Or What?

18. dotUser

dotUser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Beta testing, from my experience, IS fun. Finding the bugs before anyone else is kind of exciting from a development point of view. But then again, I guess not everyone who's worked on games agree. Some take it extremely seriously..

19. TehRoboRoller

TehRoboRoller 2.7182818284590...

I <3 beta testing. Don't mind the spoilers, and I love seeing things first, and even reporting bugs lol :D

IceKing, Lachee and jojowithmojo like this.
  20. Wired

Wired Big Damn Hero

Thing is everyone say they love reporting bugs etc. But we all know you just want to play this awsome game :D