1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Beta Servers!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by IllusiveEnergy, Nov 30, 2013.

1. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Starbound Beta Servers-

Hello ladies and gentlemen! I figured instead of having a million threads about your servers that will be public and available when Beta arrives, we can have one whole thread that lists all of them so players may have easier access to a list of servers.

Information that should be included-

- A unique name! (Not Cool Starbound Server)
    - Age restriction (If any)
    - National Restriction (If any)
    - What kind of server? (Roleplay, Sandbox, PvP, Vanilla)
    - IP Adress (If ready)
    - Player Cap (If Any)
    - A brief description

Any and all servers that are submitted in this thread will be added in this OP! Please do not post a server if you are not completely sure it will be ready within a week of Beta, and please do not post servers that will be run on your PC! (Dedicated PC's are fine!)

Current Beta Servers:

-MasterCraft-

Age Restriction: 13 and over.

National Restriction: English Speaking People

What kind of server: Vanilla

Ip Address: Not ready. But will be posted on our website: http://mastercraftstarbound.weebly.com/

Player Cap: Not none yet... Probably 20 at a time :). So at least 20 active players.

Brief Description: A 24/7 vanilla server. Hosted on a VPS.

Questions? Contact: MasterCreate66

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-iLoveBacons-

We have one Fansite Server, it's a big server (may hit around 100 players) with a bit of everything, also friendly to role-play.
    [​IMG] We're iLoveBacons: iLoveBacons.com

If you look for a friendly community to play with inside one server, then join us. :love:
    Going to giveaway also Starbound copies today to our members that still don't own the game.

Questions? Contact: Bacon

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  2. Ariexe

Ariexe Pangalactic Porcupine

brilliant idea. not sure if this already exists but we needed one of these.

Kinda wish I have my own server, but I don't. as a representative of bacon, Make sure you get ilovebacons

PurpleSquirel43 likes this.
  3. IllusiveEnergy

Let him know if he wants it added over I would be happy to! :)

4. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I'd be happy to run a BETA server, but to be honest mate. With no admin tools (Banning etc) and no server-side save data (Characters import their own character, even if it's hacked.) I have no intentions of making a server public until such tools are at my disposal, sorry therewill always be trolls and assholes out there who just want to grief like hell, and there is currently no planned protection for such things. Maybe once the tools are out.

5. IllusiveEnergy

I'm sure they've implemented ban/kick. We've also seen demonstrations of admin tools in streams. So they'll surely have some of them.

6. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

Serenity likes this.
  7. IllusiveEnergy

8. MasterCreate66

MasterCreate66 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Name: MasterCraft

National Restriction: English Speaking People

Ip Address: Not ready. But will be posted on our website: http://mastercraftstarbound.weebly.com/

Player Cap: Not none yet... Probably 20 at a time :). So at least 20 active players.

Brief Description: A 24/7 vanilla server. Hosted on a VPS.

9. MasterCreate66

MasterCreate66 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hopefully Someone can sticky this thread to! :p

10. IllusiveEnergy

Yes Hopefully! Your server has been added in the OP by the way, thanks for submitting!

11. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

Yeah, it will be messy at the begining, jackasses might set up some servers for everyone to "troll around", but I am sure more serious stuff will be in your "friend zone" untill some real admin tools will take thair place in the game.
    But yeah, one place where servers are listed is a great idea if there is not going to be dedicaded forum just for that but we'll see :)

IllusiveEnergy likes this.
  12. We have one Fansite Server, it's a big server (may hit around 100 players) with a bit of everything, also friendly to role-play.

[​IMG] We're iLoveBacons: iLoveBacons.com
    If you look for a friendly community to play with inside one server, then join us. :love:
    Going to giveaway also Starbound copies today to our members that still don't own the game.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    Soggytoast likes this.
  13. IllusiveEnergy

Added!

14. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

So generous of you :) I shall send my 100 totaly real friends, that still does not have their starbound yet to join this server. Just kidding of course :giggle:
    I wish you luck with your server!

IllusiveEnergy and Bacon like this.
  15. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Thanks for compiling the info for us

IllusiveEnergy and Bacon like this.
  16. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Phantasmal Quasar

Not to burst any bubbles, but I'm pretty sure there will be a new forum section for this when beta comes out.

17. Soggytoast

Soggytoast Void-Bound Voyager

18. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm... I agree that there should be a particular section just for this after the beta is out,or at least after the full game is released. But it's good to have threads like this to keep things organized until then.

Good job, man. I know 2 people that are going to host 24/7 servers, I'm gonna ask them to drop by later when my hangover's gone.

Soggytoast likes this.
  19. plaYer2k

plaYer2k Pangalactic Porcupine

even though this thread horrible colors that are next to unreadable with dark blue on black combined with bright colors, it still exists
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/starbound-servers.17765/
    Yet it is lacking some important entries IMO, like i mentioned below http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/starbound-servers.17765/#post-742065

However, i think that in genereal it is a better approach to have a website like http://www.terrariaonline-servers.com/ or http://terraria-server-list.com/
    Or just a google form which then isnt visible and automatically updated in here but IMO easier to manage

20. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

[​IMG]

National Restriction: Whatever don't blame me if you lag.

Ip Address: sb.fuzzyfrontier.com

Teamspeak Ip: ts.fuzzyfrontier.com

Player Cap: Undeclared 30+

Brief Description: A 24/7 vanilla server. Hosted on my own dedicated server.