[BBTS] Bronies Beyond the Stars V2.0

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan BBTS, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Supernova

OMG Red, eat da freaking snickers! Eat them!!!

[​IMG]

2. Kuyon

Kuyon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Umm... I have let to see anyone get aggressive on this. Hostile and defensive are not the same. We are having a friendly debate. You feel one way and we feel another. Its a difference of opinions. I can take criticism I am just saying how I do not agree with it and there is evidence that can support either side really.

3. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

Have I ever been?

I've been playing violent games like GTA etc etc since I was 8. I'm not an aggressive person. :proper:

4. Kuyon

Kuyon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Let's take this outside and fight in a field! :p

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  5. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

Wooh! :viking:

6. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

Eh hem, i would like to point out that the conclusion to this post is a straw man argument, as he is saying that we can't take ANY kind of criticism at all, which well, could be true but i doubt any of us know the other members of b.b.t.s well enough to say this definitively.
    i'm am going to stay out of the rest of this debate.

7. Good, good.

8. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't play gta

9. So what? :p

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  10. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

How is it friendly if no one (other than you) even considers that there is some merit to violent media affecting people? It's not much of a debate when you only have one person trying to consider both sides. I'm sure I'll get more "You're wrong, I'm right" responses later just like every other "debate" we've had. There really isn't any reason for us to talk about anything anymore as it always leads to the same place, everyone agrees with the popular opinion and laughs at all the others.

11. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

I SHALL SMITE YE TO THE MOON!

12. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

I sort of agree, Red. I think violent stuff can be a factor in the development of an aggressive mindset. However, I think what's being contested here is the idea that violent media is the sole CAUSE of violent behavior, which I don't think is what you're trying to say, right? Media is a large part of our daily mental stimulation, so it makes sense that we'd be affected in some way, on some subconscious level. In this case, you're saying aggressive media, be it games or televised entertainment, are all equally capable of promoting aggression. It's not about what you're taught as a kid, or how in touch with reality you are. It's not an overt effect, not easily tracked or measured.

Spirittis likes this.
  13. vlamer12

vlamer12 Big Damn Hero

It is friendly because none of you are swearing or beating each other up... yet
    On top of that I would like to state that I have no idea in what, as you name them " "debates" " ,you have partaken. But I highly disagree with the fact that everyone goes with the popular opinion. It IS true that there are alot of people who don't think for themselves and thus follow what others think, but it would be unfair to say everyone does.

And since I am to lazy to keep up with this debate on violence in video games (and kinda busy) I will just state my opinion once and my argument for that:
    Games do not make people more violent.
    Arguments:
    -Personal experience (I myself am somewhat violent, but I have friends who play games in which they tear their enemies apart, yet couldn't harm a fly irl (like literally they can't hurt flies))
    -I believe that games do NOT make people violent, what I DO believe is that games can TRIGGER that violence
    -I am sure I can think of more reasons but I am lazy busy

And I agree with kuyon, on "You feel one way and we feel another. Its a difference of opinions. I can take criticism I am just saying how I do not agree with it and there is evidence that can support either side really."

Grzzz

vlamer12

Gredd18 likes this.
  14. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

I have been relaxed today.
    GTA is good for venting out bad emotions.

Gredd18 likes this.
  15. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

Oh like this emotion I has:DD

[​IMG]

16. eShredder

eShredder Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow. It was a long time ago I did not post anything for an entire day. So, daily post, check.

Other note. I found a way to make just about any song sound so much better. (may differ from person to person though)
    1. Get Audacity.
    2. Import song to Audacity.
    3. Go to Effect -> Change Pitch... .
    4. Enter "-1" in the Semitones (half-steps): box.
    5. Let it load and you are done.
    Warning: Most songs may get a sad feeling to it. I am not responsible for any unexpected feels.

17. Spirittis

Spirittis Phantasmal Quasar

Well, it doesn't sound particularly bad... but I don't see hear why it should be so much better... actually I like songs in original pitch more... (for the record, I tried this 3 times on different songs just to be sure... but I don't know, guess I just like original more).

guess everyone has different taste...

ah well, gotta hit the hay... with this I wish you all good night!

18. eShredder

That would probably be it.
    Well then, good night.

Spirittis likes this.
  19. vlamer12

vlamer12 Big Damn Hero

*doesn't have audacity*
    What exactly does it do/sound like?
    Because changing the speed (and pitch) is sometimes called nightcore (Which I sometimes listen to)
    Depends on how you change it

Grzzz

vlamer12

20. eShredder

My instructions would lower the song one half-tone, turning it from its original key into flat. I guess I just love the hell out of flat keys.
    Nightcore are, obviously, raised a couple of half-tones.

So far, I have done it on several Vocaloid songs, a few Muse songs, some HIM songs and other various mixed songs. Every single one sounded better imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.