1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Avians are too op :(

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Asekk, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Dreynguid

Dreynguid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ostriches are a so big and strong that they taste like beef or pork meat. So I don't think Dinosaurs taste like chicken. Feathers don't make the taste !
    It's like avians, they don't-... look like dinosaurs !... I should keep my knowledge of it.

And like LoogChan, I first saw this topic as a joke. Or at least as a funny topic.

But WHY everyone here is talking about Glitches !? Did they taught to the avians how to fly ?

2. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

No it's not that type of glitch :rofl:
    It's a bug which causes Avian NPCs to float when you break the floor or something like that :S

3. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I agree!

Wait, you're not talking about how Avians are overly personal? You should be, because they are. Avian pickup lines, never forget!

4. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

I highly doubt they're ever going to be able to fly. It's with their religion, found on the wiki.
    "Avians believe they were stripped of their wings as punishment for entering the mortal world and will only regain their wings in the afterlife should they achieve absolution through worship..."

5. Magicwaffle

Magicwaffle Void-Bound Voyager

They may be able to glide, just so much not fly. Also if they were able to fly like the video that wouldn't do anything as they are just hovering a little of the ground.

6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

First you say glitch, now your saying some kind of bug is causing this? Maybe it's a robo-insect?

Dreynguid and Feathery Dust like this.
  7. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe this wasn't an error but actually a virus created by the glitch to destroy the galaxy. The war of the hive-mind has begun.

8. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

I didn't know that (though I suppose it stands to reason). It makes me wonder, though, if the devs plan on doing some balancing with regards to the Novakids. First they get a monopoly on craftable guns, and now they are their own light source? Every server except RP servers will be nothing but Novakids.

9. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I for one will probably only play Avians. They're my favourite race and no plasman is going to change that.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Probably not, considering the glowing effect isn't all that powerful, from what I understand. Load up with a more powerful, non race-specific light source and you're doing better than the Novakids are. Plus, I think a lot of people will want to play as the other races for easy access to their racial armor.

Gav Featherbeak likes this.