Auto-building

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Lobo, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

i was thinkin about this....
    Instead of crafting blocks and building houses with 'em, you have to gather enough resources, set a point, wich has to meet some requirements (like "10 blocks wide flat area"), and then, a room starts to build itself, like warcraft \o/

Something like this:
    [​IMG]

you can still build block by block, but using this method would save alot of time when building homes for npcs, bases, cities full of "default" houses, or things like these.

good idea? :giggle:

Greatgreen likes this.
  2. Spacefawx

Spacefawx Big Damn Hero

Didn't they say they were going to have something like this?

3. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

I dont realy like the idea of prebuild houses, i would rather have something original!

4. Spacefawx

Spacefawx Big Damn Hero

Well they said you could do both, i think..

5. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

Well, in that case i wouldn't mind it that much.

6. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I am sure there was another topic on this exact matter, because we decided that we could get NPCs/robots to build these houses so that it wouldn't just be magically done. This would be the same for mass making custom houses, you could save a certain area of blocks as a blue print and get your builders to make it for you.

7. Greatgreen

Greatgreen Tentacle Wrangler

Liked for that comic. You are a master of your craft, comic man.

I think that rooms and facilities should work like this, but overall base design (corridors, open areas) be decided by the player.

Lobo likes this.
  8. TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

I could definitely see this working, the way folks here have described it.

Of course, I also foresee a corporation who makes it their business to build and sell off 'Pre-Fabricated Colonies' at certain locations. Just provide the coordinates, and they'll swoop in and build up a site for you.

9. Drammoth

Drammoth Subatomic Cosmonaut

Someone also suggested blueprinting houses and creations. This could be a menu of copied stuff which you can auto-build, bigger lasts longer.

10. Neoflame

Neoflame Void-Bound Voyager

I know this method from a indi game named 'clonk'.
    Does anyone remember? It turned out to be an openscource- project with alot of users interest.
    You were able to gather loam from the ground or gather raw iron from materials in the ground.
    After refining the metal you were able to place it in some liny-way. Well I - personally - loved this game.
    You were able to place houses with some building-kits, but you still were able to build something yourself...
    I liked it! :)

Check it out!

Some screenies too:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greets,
    Neo!

11. ipal3000

ipal3000 Void-Bound Voyager

Those ore veins are huge!! :eek:

12. Alexblex

Alexblex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sounds great! I would love to use this method and build a laser.

13. kyserlux

kyserlux Big Damn Hero

it been a year and still nothing :l