Asteroids

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by bounding star, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Is it a good idea?

1. Yes

94.7%
  2. No

5.3%
  1. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

There has to be asteroids in the game maybe you can attach a rocket to them and mine them as you travel or drop them on hostile planets. The asteroids might cause a hazard for your space station. There could be irregular shaped asteroids that you could hide your space station in to stop it from getting damaged by smaller asteroids, missile strikes or use it as a disguise.

Huntrex, Ianflow and St Fonz like this.
  2. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! Im not even kidding. I love this idea.

bounding star likes this.
  3. Momiji Inubashiri

Momiji Inubashiri Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty interesting idea; I like it. And perhaps as a mini-game, you'd play the actual Asteroids game! (If it was possible. Copyright and all that)

4. Gorshborsh

Gorshborsh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think this is a great idea! Maybe there could even be a special ore only found on asteroids as well.

5. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

love it!
    what if they had radioactive ores in them :eek:

6. CluckyGaming

CluckyGaming Space Spelunker

amazing idea

7. Manilian

Manilian Big Damn Hero

I love it. If I found an asteroid, I would prolly put on this special gear and try to mine what is inside of it. I can just imagine me wielding a destructive sword made out of pure asteroid and slaughtering enemies as I go by my day..

8. Eliwood

Eliwood Void-Bound Voyager

What if there were asteroid fields that interrupted your space station during operations, or you could put on a space suit and anchor it to some of them and mine out the system? I personally think that would be awesome.

9. bounding star

Yeah! That's what I thought! They better let us do it or elseā€¦

10. Liquidified

Liquidified Big Damn Hero

Thats such an amazing idea! Mind blown... Literally my head go hit by an asteroid! LOL

11. SkeithRei

SkeithRei Subatomic Cosmonaut

Fantastic idea! I would love to pretend to be an asteroid! Just be all "Oh yeah don't mind me hostile space station, just bein' a big ol' asteroid and stuffs"

12. Sashima

Sashima Big Damn Hero

I kind of like this idea, but more in the aspect of turning an asteroid into a meteor. You could go and push asteroids around a planet into the planet (not a full scale weapon... I think it would be a bit overpowered) And then fly down and mine it out.

I don't think it would be very good to use it as a weapon, as it would have to be either completely random where it lands (so it's not Incredibly convenient) Or that it's an end game development.

I think making them a threat to your space station would work, because that would become very tedious. you're mining low to the middle of your planet and suddenly meteor alert! "CRAP!" or say you're in the middle of a boss fight or something. I just think that it would be too much to have to handle.

Another thought would be what if you could mine out asteroids? They could be highly abundant in low tier ores but make it so you have to be mid game to be able to mine them.

13. bounding star

i think you could send an asteroid down and its completely random where it land so you have to take a gamble weather to crash it or not

14. bounding star

If you sent an asteroid down to a planet, it should make a crater not by deleting blocks, but by pushing blocks so the crater is a hole with a mound on each side.

15. spygabriel3968

spygabriel3968 Void-Bound Voyager

What if, while you were on the asteroid, there was a timer on the top of the screen, of how much time you could stay there before it crashes into a planet? and you could keep it in space, preventing it from crashing into planets with shots of, plasma cannons i guess? And because of that, to prevent it from crashing into a planet the time on the timer would increase. :3

16. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

its theoretically impossible to redirect an asteroid with weapons fire of any caliber, the damage needed to impart the force to change its course significantly would shatter it into pieces.

17. spygabriel3968

spygabriel3968 Void-Bound Voyager

Damn you spacial rules >:c

18. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

heh, similarly contrary to some sci-fi stuff you could not reverse an astroids course by building a giant thruster on it, because the size or number of thrusters needed is more significant then that which you could feasible attach before it impacted whatever you were trying to make it not impact.

19. bounding star

i wonder if my space station will have a high powered tractor beam?.......

20. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

Tiy did mention somehere that there will be other things to land on besides planets. (moons, asteroids, abandoned spaceships/stations.) This will probably be post-release. :meh:

RichardGque and Axe Garian like this.