1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Armor Augments (And cloud worlds?)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Forever, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Not really. The sawtooth part is simply a gun attachment rail and I see plenty of stock behind the trigger. The grip is completely wrong for a sword anyway and the hotbar shows the item has ammo. Searching around, it looks very similar to the M45 shotgun from Halo Reach:
    [​IMG]

2. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Okay, I'm seeing it now, just didn't at first glance. Though, a gunblade like in Final Fantasy VIII would have been cool:
    [​IMG]

Landlaw likes this.
  3. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

The image isn't showing for me, but I know what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure those have been suggested in the weapons thread multiple times, and if alternate attacks are implemented, it would work quite well as a combined ranged/melee weapon.

Vladimir 3.22 likes this.
  4. Vladimir 3.22

Vladimir 3.22 Zero Gravity Genie

yes and then you could make lots of epic combos were you murder every thing in 5 epic fast hits.

5. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Odd, the image function borked or something. Fixed. I think alt. attacks would be way cool, like an assault rifle with an alternative mini grenade launcher function...

DevonDe likes this.
  6. Vladimir 3.22

Vladimir 3.22 Zero Gravity Genie

now that would be fun.

7. kikinaak

kikinaak Pangalactic Porcupine

So am I the only one here thinking Qualta blade? I mean I like squaresoft as much as the next guy but they are form over function.
    Theres better designs out there.

8. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

Clumsy Protection: Greifer's paradise. :p

Haha! And it looks like Bartwe is doing a lot of Dual Wielding! Good to see! Can't wait to use two Shields at once...

9. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

For those of you who missed the stream, here are a few screenshots I snagged from it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

You rock, thank you! Twitch SUCKS, sometimes I don't get notified via email at all, and I've never once been notified via text on my phone...I've double, triple, quadruple checked the settings, I've registered my phone number and opted in...hmm. But anyway, I've missed pretty much all of his streams because of it.

11. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

you didn't miss TOO much, he was testing the fall damage resisting augment, he attached it to his helmet and then threw himself off a tower.

what IS worth noting is the temperature meter

12. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Ha fun, that sounds like a cool augment.

I didn't notice the temperature meter until you mentioned it. How did it work? The higher up he went, the colder it got, for example maybe? Because in the first picture where he's high up, it's -37C, and back on the ground it's -33C. Anything notable?

Edit: Bartwe is back on, I'm watching him stream right now (he's been on for 20 minutes apparently).

13. Veggetossj

Veggetossj Scruffy Nerf-Herder

any1 else notice the temperature and underwater air supply bar in those last screenshots?

14. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

We were just talking about the temperature meter, yes...

And I did notice the oxygen meter, yup. :) And the hunger meter...though we've seen that several times already.

15. kikinaak

kikinaak Pangalactic Porcupine

Pillaring is not something a player should do in nothing but underwear.

16. Its_Mr_Westy

Its_Mr_Westy Space Penguin Leader

Neeeeed.....mooorrree.....pixels.

Ps thanks guys, keep snagging those screenshots, very useful for those of us here in GMT+8

17. AllenKS

AllenKS Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Hope there's an option where we can get that temp meter in good ol' Fahrenheit D:

DevonDe likes this.