1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Argonian Race v0.4d - ENRAGED KOALA

Fans of Elder Scrolls and lizards take to the stars!

1. Sabboth

Sabboth Zero Gravity Genie

Sabboth submitted a new mod:

Argonian Race - Fans of Elder Scrolls and lizards take to the stars!

Read more about this mod...

Diego, Nadroz, Jonesy and 3 others like this.
  2. Sabboth

3. Gogeta

Gogeta Void-Bound Voyager

Nice looking race, will definitely be using this when it's finished.

4. Jack Nief

Jack Nief Phantasmal Quasar

I seem to be getting a bunch of 'this attachment cannot be shown at this time', and right now that makes me very very sad....

5. Gogeta

Gogeta Void-Bound Voyager

Tiy posted that you have to refresh the page until it works, something to do with the site being broken.

6. LarryTheLastStarfighter

LarryTheLastStarfighter Astral Cartographer

7. Jack Nief

Yaaaay, thanks a lot for that!

8. TKNO

TKNO Orbital Explorer

Holy snap, yes, this looks awesome! Thanks for the hard work!

9. Sabboth

10. Sabboth

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

11. xtomass

xtomass Orbital Explorer

I really like the amount of effort that was put in to the horns. That alone makes this my new favorite race mod :D

Also I Covered it on my Starbound Mod List series.

(Can I beg thee to add this video to the description of the mod?)

Sabboth likes this.
  12. Sabboth

Oh wow, thank you so much! My girlfriend is going to be thrilled as soon as I let her know! :D

Also yes, it is now in the description for the mod. :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  13. BukLau

BukLau Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to bother you but I'm sort of confused and am new to this type of stuff. I've tried adding the Elven race alongside this Argonian race and have done everything on the written instructions but when I go in game and I select the Elven race, it seems to select the Hylotl instead of the actual Elven race. The Argonian race works completely fine so I'm not entirely sure of what's exactly wrong.

14. Sabboth

I believe that the elven races index is set to 20? If you set the elven race to 7 then it should work. Double check your .species and charcreation.config files to see if there's any sort of discrepancies. If you're getting as far as you are, I can only see that being the problem at the moment.

15. BukLau

BukLau Void-Bound Voyager

I have tried changing the ID to 7 in the Elven races .species and also in both the charcreation.config files but it crashed with an error when I clicked on the Elven race button so I'm not sure if there might be another ID that is supposed to be set or I have something wrong. I will have to check the next time I get on my computer.

16. Jack Nief

I seem to be having issues combining races as well. But mine's a bit different... everything shows up and works fine, all the races look right, are customizable, and basically work, until you try to actually play them. The argonians work fine (yaaaaay!), but the other modded races I've tried to add, the moment I try to play the character, the screen hangs for several moments, then I get a "client server connection is no longer valid" message. Which is weird, because its a Singleplayer Session. I've double checked all the information for all the races, they're basically identical, I don't know what's going wrong.

17. Sabboth

Hmm, compatibility with other mods seems to be a huge issue that can take many forms. Well, if you guys can hold out until the next update to Starbound itself, more mod support will be added allowing mods to merge files rather than overwrite them. This should make things a little less conflicting outside of totally removing the index number system for making new races.

Since I can not directly see your files and easily troubleshoot for you, I hope you can understand if I request just a little patience until the new mod support rolls out in the next update.

18. Jack Nief

All righty. I can wait. Thanks for takin' the time to respond either way.

19. Biggaveli

Biggaveli Phantasmal Quasar

Do we have to edit the default charcreation files as well? or just modded ones ned to be in sync with eachother?

20. Biggaveli

Biggaveli Phantasmal Quasar

Guys make sure in your charcreation file, one of the race modas a typo "HYLOTL", when it should be "HYTLOTLS