1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you happy with the development speed? [Unofficial Poll]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Morsus98, Sep 22, 2014.

?

Are you happy with the speed at which Starbound is being developed and updated?

1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

36.8%
  3. Kind of

14.1%
  4. Not really

13.8%
  5. Don't know / Don't care

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morsus98

Morsus98 Industrial Terraformer

Let me start off by saying, I might be a little weird. With controversial issues, I like to see hard numbers on what people think. On the Steam community for Starbound, a very hot topic of debate is the speed at which updates are coming out and the game is being developed. I decided to poll players on their thoughts to see where the majority stood on the matter. Thanks for humoring me guys!

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

This can only end well.

I'll vote "yes", in lieu of a "meh" option. I'm not super-excited to get back into playing Starbound, at least until it's in a stage where I want to. I've got plenty of other things to do and games to play while I wait, so I'd rather they take their time and do it carefully than rush through and release a sub-par update. All well and good to say "Release an update now!", but I've got a sneaking suspicion that the rushed update we'd get wouldn't be worth it.

Derfpace, Skix, Elate and 14 others like this.
  3. MrLevi

MrLevi Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I'd probably vote Meh as well. I'd be happy if Starbound magically finished tomorrow, but I've got lots to keep me busy until its done.

4. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

This thread can't end well. I share your desire for hard numbers, but there will inevitably be some space hobos up in here to make a mess and get it locked

5. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

Anyways, I voted yes. Because there are ALWAYS people upset with the rate of updates, no matter what CF tries.

I'd rather they take their time and do it right than give in to people who need instant gratification.

Skix, Larry Dent, CaptThad and 5 others like this.
  6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

What could possibly....png
    I voted no, because, well... meh... they could at least polish up a nice unstable for us.
    I'm fine with the development speed, don't get me wrong, but the update part is kinda lacking.

Serenity likes this.
  7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Yeah, turning this into a simple binary choice is, well, a bad method to gauging opinions on the matter. It's instantly polarizing, and poor representation of what can be complex stances. I mean, already you're getting people who are saying "I'd LIKE faster but really I'm okay with things now", which is neither a strict "yes" or "no". (That's where I stand, by the way. I'm currently content with the content and don't begrudge them some more development time, but the sooner they can produce a stable update, the happier I'll be.)

One can be unhappy with the speed but also understanding as to WHY it's taking as long as it is.

While threads on the subject are already primed to invite ugly argument, making it a straight-up binary as if this would be "proof" of anything isn't merely inviting argument, it's forcibly dragging it into the room and prodding it with a sharp stick.

So yeah, as someone who likes "hard numbers" myself... web-polls like this are generally a pretty bad way of obtaining them. I am ALWAYS wary of like/dislike polls on webforums, especially given how far people will go on either extreme to skew things towards their preferred choice.

Akado, Tamorr and janusforbeare like this.
  8. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I voted yes, but we'd all want a perfect version of Starbound instantly if that was an option.

Akado, Serenity and Scourger like this.
  9. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Well I'm not angry at the development time, development has always been a pain in the ass for everyone involved.
    The wait can be frustrating but I can see a lot of work is being done even without knowledge of programming and that's good enough for me. Having a good game rich is content is all I ever wanted so as long as they keep pushing onward I'm happy.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.”
    – Rich Cook

10. Splignarth

Splignarth Orbital Explorer

"instant gratification"

???

Seriously?

This is decidedly not an issue of people wanting "instant" gratification. I think what you were looking for was "reasonably timely."

Nimeni and Dbr0wn like this.
  11. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Good job only giving those undecideds a yes or no vote. Exactly my perspective. There is none of this "polarizing" bs... its just a yes or no. Simple and straight forward. :up:
    Oh, and I voted yes.... the nightlies show good, daily progress.

Serenity and Dbr0wn like this.
  12. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Happy with the development speed? Well, no. You always want it to go quicker. But I am satisfied that development is probably going as fast as it reasonably can. Is that the question you wanted to ask?

Serenity likes this.
  13. tobychew

tobychew Subatomic Cosmonaut

Option c yes and no

Serenity likes this.
  14. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

Really there should be 3-4 answers, yes or no doesn't cover a majority of our views.
    So I will say yes for the time being. I want something enjoyable and playable. Not something fractured and boring.

Serenity likes this.
  15. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I say yes even though I also feel like no. At the same time I feel like yes but at the same time I can't help but feel no.

16. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I really don't mind the time.
    It is just that the current game feels very superficial. From hunger - energy system - npc interaction, etc

WoxandWarf likes this.
  17. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I resent that you think it's so cut and dry!

WoxandWarf and Serenity like this.
  18. Lintton

Lintton Guest

The day a pollmaker remembers the neutral option will be a glorious day on GD.

I vote yes. Communication has gotten much better, and the nightly builds satisfies my tracking their current progress, and my itch for playing.

WoxandWarf and Serenity like this.
  19. Dbr0wn

Dbr0wn Space Spelunker

I think its called not voting.

20. Milan Mree

Milan Mree Ketchup Robot

Yes because development speed doesn't matter to me so long as the game is good.

Serenity and Izzabelle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.