Modding Help Anyone willing to help with a custom race mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by shadowd15, Mar 23, 2015.

1. shadowd15

shadowd15 Pangalactic Porcupine

I have no idea how to mod, but my friends and I want to add our own custom race. If someone could link me to a CURRENT (i.e. Upbeat Giraffe relevant) modding guide, or if anyone would be willing to simply do the coding for me (though I know that's one heck of a tall order) and help me with the sprites (which I want to do myself), I'd really appreciate it.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

There really isn't a modding guide for every little thing.

You will want to start here
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/modding-guides.34001/

• Learn how to unpack your assets
    • First create a really simple working mod [ Basic Modding Guide ]
    • Once you have successfully made your own basic mod, learn patching.[ basic patching guide ]
    • Once you are able to successfully create a basic mod and patch files you can start work on a race mod.
    • Download a race mod from here http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/categories/races.1/
      • Use it as a template for your own race mod.
    Should take you around 30 minutes - 1 hour to get the basics down before you can jump into making a race.

Dekadrachm likes this.
  3. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

I recommend for starts looking at existing race files copying and pasting the code then modifying it to fit you. The best way for me to understand something is to teach my self. However as xxswatelitexx said you will need to unpack your assets and understand the patching system to avoid conflicts with other race mods and mods in general.

4. shadowd15

shadowd15 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks. I didn't realize the basic modding thing had finally been updated for Giraffe.

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Ya now we have 2 moderators who are also modders [ me and @FlyingAnonymoose ]
    The modding guides should generally be kept in better order than before.

SleepySquidd likes this.