1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone found an Earth - like planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Qader, Dec 12, 2013.

1. kalel4000

kalel4000 Orbital Explorer

In order to fine an earth like planet u should be looking for a planet with green grass and brown dirt and instead of trees tentacles being that earth was covered in tentacles in the Starbound story

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

If you're going with Starbound lore, it makes total sense to want to find a regular Earth-like planet because of course humans are going to want to find a planet that's reminiscent of home. Yes, Earth was destroyed, that's been mentioned a couple times, but they're only looking for an aesthetically similar planet.

3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I found one, but half of it was covered in blue dirt.

4. Etsia

Etsia Big Damn Hero

If we were going to find earth as an easter egg we might get a boss fight because most lore relating to humans and their home planet said that it was infested by a large alien.

5. longlostson

longlostson Yeah, You!

There seem to be quite a few earth-like planets in my current singleplayer game. It's basically 33/33/33 between earth-like, entirely ice, or mostly water planets.

6. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Holy Necropost. You two do realize this thread was last posted in back in Octoboter of last year, right?

Anyway, generally your starter planet will be quite Earthlike in Upbeat Koala, aside from the presence of pearlpeas or and unusual fauna. If you're going to hunt Earthlike worlds, confine your search mostly to Gentle Stars, and seek out Lush worlds (Harmless) and Forest worlds (Mostly Harmless).

The Squid likes this.
  7. Robotoh

Robotoh Orbital Explorer

Actually, my starter planet is green grass, gray stone, brown dirt with green pine trees. I'll check my coordinates and post them in a bit.

8. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Not sure if coordinates still works in upbeat

9. Star Mc. Bound

Star Mc. Bound Pangalactic Porcupine

Stop necroposting. Start a new thread if you still find it interesting.

10. Robotoh

Robotoh Orbital Explorer

I have been so far unable to get coordinates to work. It just causes my game to jam up and disallows me to teleport off-ship or enter any menus.

11. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Forum rules about necromancy.
    • Necromancy. Replying to old threads is fine as long as the replies contribute to the discussion further. Posting about how old a thread is or that the thread was necro'd is not fine and does not contribute to the discussion further.'
    The necro is all according to forum rules as far as i can see.

The Squid, Hawk Novablast and Robotoh like this.
  12. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

44 quadrillion, get it right :p

Robotoh likes this.
  13. Star Mc. Bound

Star Mc. Bound Pangalactic Porcupine

Didn't know that. Thanks! <3

14. j3uurm

j3uurm Void-Bound Voyager

(Please excuse my necropost) Holy crap. Lookey here.
    X: -85036626
    Y: 59918582
    This completely keeps up with the lore and our solar system. Third planet from the sun (Earth) destroyed, no pluto, 6th and 7th are gas planets...
    The Alpha Moirai 65 System.
    It IS our solar system.
    EDIT: Guess what's inside the asteroids. Magmarock. Means they were once molten. This has to be Earth. Has to be.

rhomboid and The Squid like this.
  15. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Most starting planets fit the description, unless you are looking for one similar to how it would look like in SB, in which case, you are out of luck because Tentacle biomes were cut (For now).

16. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Wow. Great find! But was Earth destroyed and turned into a bunch of asteroids, or was it just made uninhbitable by the tentacle monster?

17. Muffintrain

Muffintrain Subatomic Cosmonaut

They dropped the tentacle idea, did they?

18. Scorpion567

Scorpion567 Subatomic Cosmonaut

well i guess you bested is all then :lickitung: well this means nothing still since still i quote my last post

19. Robotoh

Robotoh Orbital Explorer

Oh damn. That made me a tinge sad.

The Squid likes this.
  20. PieOfCthulhu

PieOfCthulhu Intergalactic Tourist

My starter planet was very much like modern earth (the tentacle stuff isn't naturally generated right now. It will be in the future). The coordinates are: X=209203240, Y=653243195. When travelling there I did not see my coordinates change (I don't know why) so you may end up in the Rigel Wake system. The Illusoria Crescent system should be diagonally up and right from there. The planet is Illusoria Crescent I-b.