1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone found an Earth - like planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Qader, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Qader

Qader Void-Bound Voyager

I was curious to see if there were any planets with, you know, brown dirt and green grass. If anyone has some coordinates to check out that would be cool.

Also, does anyone know if there are planets that weren't randomly generated? Like easter egg planets that have been designed?

2. LordVarius

LordVarius Big Damn Hero

3. Qader

Qader Void-Bound Voyager

Another Kevin and Moon Star like this.
  4. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

Not yet. Though I found a planet with some fir trees on the background art. None on the actual world though.

That reminds me of a book I found though.
    We know the Earth has been destroyed, but one of the lore books mentions that the USCM are stationed on Mars planning a way to destroy the tentacles and reclaim Earth. Sounds like an endgame human quest to me.

I have no idea if our solar system is in the game as like an easter egg or part of a quest, but I'm really hopeful towards either scenario.

nababoo and Qader like this.
  5. Qader

Qader Void-Bound Voyager

If the solar system is in the game, I think it would be a lot more likely that one of the developers give us the coordinates rather than us finding them on our own. Because I don only have about 70 years left to live, and i'm not sure how long it would take to explore 17 quadrillion planets ;P

Yzzey, LastDay and Monkeybiscuit like this.
  6. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could be fun if they pulled a "Spore" and recreated Sol somewhere in the universe as an easter egg. :love:

Yzzey and ThePenguinNich like this.
  7. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

X: -85646079
    Y: -11235158

Alpha G Sco 8489 III

It was actually my starting planet <3 It's pretty damn earth like

8. Reon

Reon Phantasmal Quasar

And third from the sun, instead of normal earth, it's a tentacle planet. Awesome.

I have found some blue/white worlds with mundane looking trees, but the fauna is all off still.

ThePenguinNich likes this.
  9. Master Catfish

Master Catfish Void-Bound Voyager

At one point I thought i found an earth-like, so I was pretty excited. As soon as I beamed down, I discovered that the dirt was just green, and the trees had eyes. Not really like earth.

10. jondos

jondos Space Hobo

in the X sector

X Regulus 5165 II
    X: 59877333
    Y:-70634312

earth like planet (jungle) though it has more brown than green dirt
    and it has one moon orbiting it that looks like a moon

pretty sweet

bayley and Eolond like this.
  11. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

I actually found a quite earth like planet,though if you go to the left or the right dirt turns purple and red grass.

12. bob23414

bob23414 Aquatic Astronaut

I found one that has brown dirt and spruce trees
    X-85036607
    Y59918551
    Alpha Persian 50 I

xSapphire and Eolond like this.
  13. Branwell

Branwell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here you go. This one is pretty darn earthlike. It has brown dirt, green grass, blue water, grassy background, and an earthlike sun. Be careful teleporting down. If the planet is identical to the one I landed on, you're going to be attacked immediately on landing as the spawn is next to an underground (mostly) Avian temple. This is a threat level 3 Gamma planet:

Gamma Eta Cru Minoris VII a (-73965095, -83923068)

[​IMG]

rhomboid, Cell, Yzzey and 20 others like this.
  14. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

Wowww

15. Bjornen

Bjornen Tentacle Wrangler

About not random generated planets...I saw in other threads people talking about a planet called something like "Oretopia" that has a lot of the special ores. Don't know its location, and I don't really know if it is not random-generated or just random with a higher % of having special ores.

16. Arylin

Arylin Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm fortunately still in Gamma, so I'll check it out. Hopefully it meets my other criteria as well once I start digging down; before I read your post I was certain it's going to be either moons or snow planets for me. All the other planets I've found always seemed off in one way or other (especially poisoned water) ever since the experimental biomes system got patched in.

17. Branwell

Branwell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glad I could help. Oh and the only other biome I found traversing the world was a snowy/ice one... so yep, still a lot like earth.

18. Shasow

Shasow Space Spelunker

That is a really nice find. I like that planet quite a lot. Very beautiful.

19. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

And to make it more like earth make a dessert somewhere on the world!

20. Paxtel

Paxtel Poptop Tamer

I was curious if a earthlike planet was going to happen, because all I found was weird and coloured planets. I actually think it's better be living in a weird planet for the lulz, but having a earthlike one is good for RPing purposes :)