1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Agaran and Mushroom Cap Florans

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SagaTheDragon, Nov 28, 2014.

1. SagaTheDragon

SagaTheDragon Orbital Explorer

Agaran of course are not the only fungi creature, as one of the Floran variations clearly is a mushroom cap. It makes me wonder if theses Florans are some how connected to the Agaran? Possible a hybridization of Agaran and Florans? Curious on your thoughts.

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Might be from the same original planet or even just a planet the florans happened upon when they lifted a ship into space. I don't think the florans have much relation to them, at least not in the genes, as I believe they might have evolved from a carnivorous plant like the venus fly trap or similar; maybe even something we have not seen yet. Could be that the coexisted and adopted a trait from those when first contact.

When things meet they adapt. In this case maybe it was the agaran that spawned from floran, or could be something like a chain reaction from the floran. It is almost asking which came first, the egg or the chicken; except at a more broader scope.

Well it is what I think or what I can off hand at this moment.:)

Sh0elace likes this.
  3. somadrop

somadrop Void-Bound Voyager

I'm fairly concerned that the Agaran have a fungus... in the way a fish gets fish rot. Like a plant illness- a contagion among the Floran.

Think about it. Maybe it's a fungal blight? Plants get those... People not so much... Plant people? Quite possible. I think it would be anti-Floran because I seem to find Agarans with Florans in captivity, and not so much other types of NPC. Not to mention a lot of their furniture is Floran. They have a similar plant-feel.

I play Florans mostly. This... concerns me.

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

That is kind of one of the things I hinted at. Or at least a possibility thereof. Since plants even in our world grow fungus on them, and for many reasons. Some hurt the plant it is attached to while some coexist mutually. But makes for those that have a mushroom cap are probably ones in a long line that developed an immunity to the harmful effects, there for have grown attached to it in a unison. Well one way to think of it anyway. All just guessing though. I myself obviously play primarily floran, although that hair style you have is one of the few I choose to use.

the magic hat covers that. :)

5. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

I believe that Florans get infected with some sort of fungal infection, then turn into Agarans. The mushroom cap head/hair/leaf is probably just aesthetics developed by genetics.

Check out my thread, It's quite popular and relates to this topic I believe.

I say I believe to much