1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

AdenSword's Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AdenSword, Apr 30, 2014.

1. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

After playing RoR for a long time and unlocking everything (except that elusive providence monster log) I have come up with quite a few ideas to improve the game.

1. A party window.
    The party window is a little thing you see on the side of your screen under your money while in multiplayer. It shows the picture of the person, Their name, their HP bar, and possibly their Money. Its all rather small but big enough that you can see it. This way you can see what classes your friends are and how much HP or money they have without asking.

2. Inventory.
    Pressing "I" Brings up an inventory that shows all your items. This is so that after you get 3 bars of items you can still see the rest of your items. Because alot of the time I have 4 bars and im thinking "Wait do I have this already? I don't see it on my top 3 bars but it might be on my 4th but I CAN'T SEE IT!.".

3. A way to remove your own drones.
    Sometimes I just wish I didn't have the drones but I am too OP or have too many drones and I kill everything before my drones get touched. They would just fall on the ground and you could buy them again. Not really needed but sometimes I just don't want the drones because im already OP and they just make me lag.

4. When you press your use key on an item box (from the command artifact) it does not activate the thing behind the item box
    Say im using a shrine and I get an item box. To get that item from the item box I have to press the use key once. Use my arrow keys. And use my use key again. And by the time I do that the shrine has regenerated and when I press my use key to select the item I want, it uses the shrine again.

5. Item Trading System.
    This could be an artifact but I would like it to be in the core game.

I also have several different ideas of how it would be implemented
    a.Right click on one of your items and then Right click on one of your friends in the party window and it will give them your item. But they have to be close to you (like really close). Or you could have it that right clicking would just drop the item on the floor to be picked up by someone else. Possibility of limiting the numbers traded per level to 5 or 3.

6. When a player leaves a server.....
    When a player leaves a server it really sucks for the rest of the team because all of the items, XP, and money they had are just POOF! Gone... And your team is just that much less powerfull (also I think the game keeps the difficulty of having the player that left, that is if the game does increase difficulty by adding new players)
    So I think that when someone leaves his items/XP/Money should be Divided up to all the rest of the players. The item system would take the items and start with the grays giving 1 gray to each person on the server until there are no more grays. Same with the greens and reds. The use item he had would just drop wherever he was when he left. The XP and Money would be divided up into thirds (or however many players are left on the server) and give 1 section of that to each player. So that when someone leaves a game he doesn't just troll your faces

7. Artifact of Patience
    This artifact would change the way the game works quite a bit.
    Right now I don't really like 1 of the core mechanics in RoR, the time limit, I don't like having to try to rush through the level and find the teleporter ASAP, I kinda wish that I could work at my own pace. So this artifact makes it that instead of there being a time limit and the difficulty increases every 5 min or so the difficulty increases with every level that you pass, that way you could go around and get all the chests and such on a level without worrying that you'll die on the next level because you took too long and the enemys will do half of your HP in one hit. I know it would be a BIG change but that's why this is an artifact, so that those who want it can use it and those who don't want to don't have to. Perhaps to make it balanced you would have to make it skip up 2 difficulty levels every time you use the teleporter.

8. Loader rebalance
    Lets be honest here, the loader sucks, he just doesn't do enough damage to kill anything.
    Knuckleboom: This attack is actually pretty good, I don't think it needs to be changed at all, maybe buff the damage a little. However it is a little frustrating that if you get the Heaven Cracker it will override his 3rd attack occasionally and you won't do the uber smash of doom.
    Debris Shield: This is very useful both for the speed boost and the invincibility, if used right it can be very good.
    Hydraulic Gauntlet: This skill is nice for getting around and does a decent chunk of damage, however, There are alot of flat areas where I would like to use it for getting around and there are alot of times when I want to go to a ladder, also it kinda gets frustrating that you will grab your conduits from his other skill. I suggest that it instead works like this. He shoots the fist out, if it hits a wall or an enemy it grabs them and pulls you to them, but if it doesn't hit a wall or an enemy it will start a return trip, during that return trip if it hits a ladder, conduit, or an enemy it will pull you to them.
    M440 Conduit: This skill, it's so worthless that I can't believe you gave it a 19 second cooldown AND it's the loaders 4th skill which on all other classes, 4th skills are awesome. You have to run and strategically place 2 conduits so that they zap the enemys in-between, but in the time you take to do that you could have done more damage with just using Knuckleboom, Oh, but you can grapple to them, how wonderful, not really, 90% of the time I either (A. Don't want to go the place where I JUST WAS to place the conduit or (B. Run out of time and they disappear, not to mention that they get in the way, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to grapple an enemy and I hit the conduit first. Wait, lets look at the ancient scepter version, the M700X Discharge Conduit, Lets see, oh, would you look at that, not only does it not change anything except it adds 1 thing but it also still completely sucks, only stuns for a little while on the INITIAL HIT.

Ideas could always be added to this list but what do you guys think of it so far? Feedback is always appreciated. And if you are criticizing please make it constructive and nothing like "WHAT KIND OF IDIOT WOULD WANT TO ADD THIS!?"

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    • Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

Number 4 is honestly less a suggestion than it is a problem with gameplay; hopefully hopoo will fix this issue in a later patch.

The other suggestions are good, especially the party window...it would be nice to be able to see the status of my teammates in multiplayer.

AdenSword likes this.
      • meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

3. you can use blue meteor to kill them. grab on a rope/ladder and position yourself so the drones are on the ground above.

• AdenSword

What about if I absolutely hate the blue meteor and also if I have enigma on?

• Youkaibuster

Youkaibuster Starship Captain

A way to ditch drones would be nice. Sometimes I'd also like a way to ditch items I picked up.

• AdenSword

Oh you just reminded me of an item trading system that I had an idea for. Im going to edit it in.

• AdenSword

New idea!

7. Artifact of change, (can't think of a good name for it)
                This artifact would change the way the game works quite a bit.
                Right now I don't really like 1 of the core mechanics in RoR, the time limit, I don't like having to try to rush through the level and find the teleporter ASAP, I kinda wish that I could work at my own pace. So this artifact makes it that instead of there being a time limit and the difficulty increases every 5 min or so the difficulty increases with every level that you pass, that way you could go around and get all the chests and such on a level without worrying that you'll die on the next level because you took too long and the enemys will do half of your HP in one hit. I know it would be a BIG change but that's why this is an artifact, so that those who want it can use it and those who don't want to don't have to. Perhaps to make it balanced you would have to make it skip up 2 difficulty levels every time you use the teleporter.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
                • AdenSword

Got a good name for it. Artifact of Patience, because you aren't rushing to the teleporter ASAP.

Also,
                  8. Loader rebalance
                  Lets be honest here, the loader sucks, he just doesn't do enough damage to kill anything.
                  Knuckleboom: This attack is actually pretty good, I don't think it needs to be changed at all, maybe buff the damage a little. However it is a little frustrating that if you get the Heaven Cracker it will override his 3rd attack occasionally and you won't do the uber smash of doom.
                  Debris Shield: This is very useful both for the speed boost and the invincibility, if used right it can be very good.
                  Hydraulic Gauntlet: This skill is nice for getting around and does a decent chunk of damage, however, There are alot of flat areas where I would like to use it for getting around and there are alot of times when I want to go to a ladder, also it kinda gets frustrating that you will grab your conduits from his other skill. I suggest that it instead works like this. He shoots the fist out, if it hits a wall or an enemy it grabs them and pulls you to them, but if it doesn't hit a wall or an enemy it will start a return trip, during that return trip if it hits a ladder, conduit, or an enemy it will pull you to them.
                  M440 Conduit: This skill, it's so worthless that I can't believe you gave it a 19 second cooldown AND it's the loaders 4th skill which on all other classes, 4th skills are awesome. You have to run and strategically place 2 conduits so that they zap the enemys in-between, but in the time you take to do that you could have done more damage with just using Knuckleboom, Oh, but you can grapple to them, how wonderful, not really, 90% of the time I either (A. Don't want to go the place where I JUST WAS to place the conduit or (B. Run out of time and they disappear, not to mention that they get in the way, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to grapple an enemy and I hit the conduit first. Wait, lets look at the ancient scepter version, the M700X Discharge Conduit, Lets see, oh, would you look at that, not only does it not change anything except it adds 1 thing but it also still completely sucks, only stuns for a little while on the INITIAL HIT.

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

What exactly do you mean by a 19 second cooldown? Once you place the first conduit, you have a 2 second cooldown before you can place the second one and after that its a 10 second cooldown before it can be used again. Acrid's caustic slime trail has more of a cooldown than Loader's Conduits (at 13 seconds) I didn't test with the scepter yet.

Also another thing; They NEVER disappear unless you place the second conduit. Also its the skill with the widest hitbox out of all the characters in the game (depending on where you place it). On the Dried Lake with the Kin artifact layout you can place two conduits (one in the lower left corner of the stage and the other in the top right of the stage) and hit the 3 switches to make the artifact appear. It's like the Miner's basic "Crush" skill, it has a bigger hitbox than it appears to have.
                    I do agree with the ancient scepter upgrade though, it is less than useful. Better than sniper's upgrade at least but not by much.

• AdenSword

The cooldown for the conduit doesn't start until the conduits disapear and the conduits last 9 seconds so 9+10=19

Big. Whoop. I can place a conduit and leave it there to grapple to it later, YAY! Not really, most of the time you don't end up going to the same place twice unless I guess you find the teleporter and you don't want to activate it yet, I suppose it would help then.
                      Oh, im sorry, it does a pitiful damage in a big radius, but like I said, using that time to spam Knuckleboom will do alot more damage.
                      The sniper scepter is awesome! It slows them down so the sniper gets more time to charge up his shot so that means more damage, but this guys scepter only stuns them for like 2-3 seconds which isn't all that bad but you have to spend about 5 seconds to place the conduits and that's only if you want to have a slightly largeish radius, and it ONLY stuns on the initial hit.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
                      • gufufu

gufufu Space Hobo

aww sweet a red chest! command is the best artifact ever
                        *touches red chest*
                        health shrine: OHOHO YOU PRESSED A KEY WHICH DOES SOMETHING TO SOMETHING THAT ALSO DOES SOMEHTING TO ME WHICH IS NEXT TO ME IMA GONNA GUESS YOU WANT TO DONATE TO MY TOTALLY LEGIT CAUSE ITS TO END HUNGER IN BOAR BEACH IMA TAKE YOU DOWN TO 1 HEALTH
                        HAVE A NICE DAY