Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

[​IMG]
    HYPE OVERLOAD!

2. Henry Wotton

Henry Wotton Starship Captain

It is! :DD

Axe Garian, AIex and JagBlack like this.
  3. JagBlack

JagBlack Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is this Allen from "The Hangover"?

AIex likes this.
  4. Maltion

Maltion Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

5. Ignis

Ignis 2.7182818284590...

Heya! I'm currently sitting on two prepurchases and want to gift my broseph one. Will I get two keys sent to my mail? I regged them both with the same mail.

6. Ignis

Ignis 2.7182818284590...

Wow. That's totally deuche of you to post pictures of your high end machine just to brag... Seriously poor form, bro. Have some humility. We all can't afford such swag! ;)

7. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Where's the horned busty avatar person who was answering stuff here? The "addressing beta questions" is turning into a HYPE SPACE thread, and the questions are rolling down the drain unanswered :(

Also, i think the novakids just travel on a very sophisticated meteor. Or a tr~

OMG THEY FLY ON A SPACE TRAIN!

8. Bahdler

Bahdler Astral Cartographer

Ah but Tiy's post suggests it will be the fastest beta Stage. His first sentence describes it. "Stage 1 will be move at a breakneck speed" However, Does he refer to how fast updates and changes will happen or does he refer to how long Stage 1 will last?

durbiuk66 thinks a month or two. I'm in agreement. I don't think one day we will wake up to hugely different Stage 2 either. I think Stage 2 will be mostly name only after a gradual implementation of parts of the game that are not initially released in Stage 1.

Axe Garian and durbiuk66 like this.
  9. Idlemind

Idlemind Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you could go ahead and update the first post with the Q&A's from this thread, that'd be great, m'kay?

10. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Did she answer again? I tried to find it, but there are so many posts...

11. SunFlare

SunFlare Orbital Explorer

This is so exciting! the 4th can't come soon enough. Thanks devs!

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Idlemind

Idlemind Subatomic Cosmonaut

Exactly..

13. HI I'm sorry, I'm going to go through this thread this morning and answer all the questions I can. Locking it for now though.

Biggaveli, AIex, JagBlack and 9 others like this.
  14. It'll likely just be a smooth transition.

Everyone just connects to the same IP or server address. Forward your ports, host a game in multiplayer and invite people to join with your IP/server address. :)

You can also just buy some foods if you're feeling lazy!
    NPC crews aren't in now, but we are working on ways to get NPCs to move into your house or ship.
    And no, you can have both the Steam and DRM-free versions of the game.

Yep! NPCs have dialogue.

Send me an e-mail at support[at]chucklefish.org with the transaction ID from your purchase, which you should be able to find in your payment history for whatever payment provider you used (Paypal, Amazon Payments or Google Wallet). The transaction ID will begin with an X.

That's sadly still not possible, our namegen just doesn't work that way.

Not right now, no.
    Each species starts with clothes you can pick through the character generator, and then they each have pre-determined sets of tiered armor. The armor isn't restricted to any specific race, though, anyone can wear it. There's no randomly generated armor though, I imagine that'd be a nightmare to try and animate.

Nice one! :)
    We'll update the front page, tweet about it, Facebook and shout it from the rooftops.

Not just yet, those are still being implemented. Lots of player-created stuff is.

You...are going to have a hard time running the game. :( Sorry.
    We're still in the process of optimizing so lower-end machines will have be able to run the game much better later on, but if you have trouble running Terraria you're going to have trouble with Starbound.

You can, but not on the 4th. It's something I'm looking to implement ASAP.
    Some of it is! A bunch of it is still being implemented.

Not yet. It's something we want to add for sure but it hasn't been on the top of our list of priorities.

Yes!

Yes! Your key entitles you to all stages of the beta and to the full release of the game. :)

-------

OK I'm going to go eat some actual breakfast and come back and look through the last 10 pages.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  15. Ooops my post was missing half sentences because of quotes overwriting half of my answers. SORRY. :cry:
    I'm fixing this and also going through and answering more. And double-posting.

16. It's not so much a matter of "late game" as "whenever you find the recipe for other race's armor".

I think there's a pretty solid jump between tiers! Much of the difference is in what you're able to craft. Beating a tier's boss will drop an item that allows the player to craft an object that unlocks the next tier's recipes, which involve new ores.

Right now in the game's unfinished state, some of the tiers are condensed into one.

Yeah, that's sort of what it's turned into. We've thought about ways of implementing the actual space station, but it's not a necessity anymore.

It is a great fan-made wiki. :) I've been meaning to start an official wiki, but it's been hard to juggle that with everything else. :p
    We played the game across two big TVs at i49. With two screens the only real flaw was that the UI was split awkwardly between them. Everything looked fine scaled on a big screen though. :)

There's a horse head mask? That's kind of it. :p Feel free to mod brony stuff in.
    I know this isn't a question but this gif makes me so happy.

Bartwe's general guess for running the game well was "2.0 ghz 2GB ram 2gb disk space 256mb video ram, capable of shader model 1.1".
    This will change though as we're still in the middle of optimization. If you have trouble playing now, you'll probably have a much easier time later on.

We've definitely shown building with more than just wood. :eek: You can build with any material in the game. We've got medieval, futuristic and everything in between. The Apex villages look a bit 70s. :p
    We don't actually have an Ouya version planned, never really have. We were just given a dev kit. Right now the plan is for PS4 and Vita in the future, but we're definitely up for looking into other platforms too. :)

Joniviv, Silvestre, UnknownX and 25 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.