Add More Fun for the Roulette Capsules

Discussion in 'Other' started by Jbeetle, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I'm talking about those large capsules that give you a random buff or hurt you. As it stands now, the negatives heavily outweigh the positives of activating one of these little buggers. Even if there was no instant kill chance, it's still true. I propose more fun/silly occurrences are added to the capsule that aren't game-breaking and still be fun, useless, or just plain silly. Some might be:

• makes you plop out bombs randomly and you have to keep moving or you'll take damage (could be seen as a positive or negative).
    • same as above but with harmless chickens
    • dramatically buff the jump height of the jump boost and speed of the speed boost (after all, they're one-time uses anyway)
    • have the heal buff include that fiery run fast buff you get from eating a good food
    • drop a small amount of random ore
    • blast off into the universe (not actually affecting you but the initial reaction should be a wtf moment)
    You guys could probably think of better ones. My purpose for making this thread is that I don't think the capsules should really be harmful.

aiken, Neosaurus, Mlah and 1 other person like this.
  2. ApisRex

ApisRex Subatomic Cosmonaut

Something really does need to be done to make it worth touching the things, and your suggestions sound awesome. Especially the bomb one... I love mechanics that aren't just pure upside, but instead forces the player to think creatively about the situation and move from there. If there wasn't a single all-upside or all-downside effect linked to those capsules and everything was just a question of figuring out what the heck the capsule did and how you can keep it hurting other things instead of you, I'd be so, so happy.

3. Aleslosh

Aleslosh Void-Bound Voyager

I like your ideas, but for this one, would be great if it destroys any and all blocks it hits if any while flying up. Let the broken blocks rain down for the player to collect if they want them.

4. Coatlique

Coatlique Seal Broken

I stopped using the buff capsules once I realized they could insta-kill you. They definitely need worked on since they are such a common sight in this universe. I'd love to see one blast off into space, that would be really funny. Maybe change the death/bad option to it sends out a distress call and summons penguins or pirates or something to fight.

5. Neosaurus

Neosaurus Tentacle Wrangler

Hi jbeetle! I like these... Especially "get launched into the universe" Genius! :D

Jbeetle likes this.
  6. simplex

simplex Astral Cartographer

I agree that the shrines need to be reworked. After the multiple tech system is finished, I'd like to see them giving temporary additional (and unique) techs as well.

Other traditional effects like dps and armor boost would also be welcome.

And what's with the capital 'J'? ;P

Jbeetle likes this.
  7. raser12

raser12 Sandwich Man

How about it makes everything upside down for 10 seconds?
    Or how about it playing a song from your song archive?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  8. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

what?

9. raser12

raser12 Sandwich Man

I meant upside down sorry, will edit.

10. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

oh inverted, gotcha.