1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

A new look at the Hylotl/Floran conflict: Do Hylotl eat Florans?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RexBox, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Florans are cannibals and carnivorous, so they'd probably only be angry that you're eating actual vegetables and that you may have gotten to an actual Floran before they did.

2. The Neon Seal

The Neon Seal Sandwich Man

Oh! Really? *Offers the funky talking plant dude some of my sub-sandwich*

3. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

They don't eat vegetables, they eat each other and meat. They'll use some stuff like those bone plant fruits for making their meat dishes spicier, but that's kinda it. They actually get murderous if you offer them a plate of vegetables.

4. Sepkan

Sepkan Space Hobo

why do people give florans so much grief? Is it due to them eating people? It has been speculated that they can't even conceive of non plant life. Furthermore they need meat to survive. Its like giving a tiger sentience and a spaceship. Don't complain when he eats people.

Nutric likes this.
  5. The Neon Seal

I like florans. I think they're an awesome idea for a race... It's just funny giving the core florans fans hassle! :p

6. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Is this because Florans have complete villages and Hytlotl don't?

7. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

if so the irony is..... delicious :whoop:

8. The Neon Seal

Hyotle may be awesome and advanced... but they are still space tramps... :raccoon: