1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

A guess-timate thread... 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Alessondria, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alessondria

Alessondria Big Damn Hero

This is not a thread to complain about development.
    This is not a thread to debate what the dev team is doing right or wrong.

I am curious about this question so lets all play a little game! When do you think Starbound 1.0 will go live? Ball park estimate. Share your guess and the reason why you think that. Again think of this more like a guessing game thread! Winners can be taken out for pizza and bananas at the closet outpost on release![DOUBLEPOST=1414407642][/DOUBLEPOST]I think update is gonna come in the next few weeks to get people to wanna play for holidays again! But I think 1.0 will come out next summer to give time for refinement from player feedback after the big patch... so my guess is June.

2. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

Starbound has become a self-aware entity that transcends time and space. For each of us, it will be somewhere around in some form when we are old and dying. It is changing our world as we speak. Cavemen paintings about Starbound characters. Minerals and concepts discovered in different times in our history named after Starbound. The last words of the saviour was "Starbound". Cults from different eras and countries that have nothing in common worship a singular entity; Starbound.
    This is what you people have brought upon the world. It is spreading all over the place and soon.. everything will be Starbound. The air you breathe will be Starbound. And even you, you will be a Starbound. All life, all matter, all dimensions will converge in an unholy union to form the entity Starbound that will stretch into infinity in every way possible.

cooltv27 likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Um...we don't allow forums games. As an estimates thread...this might be OK, I guess. We'll get lots of posts citing a date in more than a decade's time, though.

The | Suit and Serenity like this.
  4. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

A decade and one day

What did I win, Jonesy?

5. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

6. Next stable update is within the next few months. Starbound 1.0 will probably be at least another year.

7. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I'll not be wimpy like YOU GUYS and specifically guess - December 14th is the next stable update.

Serenity likes this.
  8. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

My guess is that it will be a stable update today. And when the stable update launches, and people think that I'm completely wrong, I'll remind them that "today" the stable update was released.

9. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Starbound is love, Starbound is life.
    As for the release date estimate, I'd say early to mid December for the next stable and probably August 2015 for 1.0.

10. Full Metal Kirby

Full Metal Kirby Phantasmal Quasar

42 days until the next stable update, obviously.

The | Suit likes this.
  11. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

fifth of Nevermber...

The | Suit and Uzkniso like this.
  12. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Quit trolling.

It'll be between December 4th and December 7th, 2014

Serenity likes this.
  13. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Probably the 42nd millennium.

LethalShade, Uzkniso and Serenity like this.
  14. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

my guess is yesterday, because the day after it comes out I can say "I told you it would come out yesterday"

Serenity, Jbeetle and Akado like this.
  15. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

It came out seventy years ago but was so top secret it was redacted.

The | Suit likes this.
  16. Raybrandt

Raybrandt Jackpot!

January 17th, 201615.

17. yclatious

yclatious Guest

I would like to be optimistic, and just say, July 29th, 2015

TThe game has quite a lot of potential, and a lot of it has been done, now all the Devs need is to make some more, and cobble it all together.

18. SugarShow

SugarShow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when re-logic buy starbound.

19. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Demanrisu throwing some serious shade

20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It will coincide on the date when the next Planetary Alignment occurs.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.