9th July Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

My hurt heads.

Freddy, WoxandWarf, Leak and 5 others like this.
  2. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for the (rather technical) update Omni!

As strange as the game is, Umihara Kawase had some pretty excellent rope physics for an SNES game. Definitely looking forward to playing around with my springy ninja rope in game!

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  3. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

I know that game! I saw it in a episode of Gamecenter CX.

And once again, a very nice technical update.

4. SaDb0y

SaDb0y Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glitch1500 likes this.
  5. dickmalarkey

dickmalarkey Aquatic Astronaut

Will Road Map ever be updated? I know it's not an extremely accurate gauge of how far along you all are, but it would be nice to see it change. Perhaps it has and I just didn't notice?

6. Evithlia

Evithlia Weight of the Sky

Thanks Chucklefish team ! :rofl:

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. EnemyHand

EnemyHand Void-Bound Voyager

This is going to offer lots of possibilities. I'm glad you guys are spending a lot of time on mechanics like this. These are the types of elements that will add so much. Not only is the game procedurally generated, but you have items that create all sorts of game play possibilities. I love games like that. The less expected the outcome, the more hectic fun that ensues. Now, how about a portal gun? How about a gravity gun? How about a gun that explodes enemies into water that permanently stays in the world? How about a tool like Scrooge McDuck's cane in the Duck Tales games on NES (which lets you pogo around)? How about trampolines, or something that temporarily makes a surface bouncy or slippery. If there are already plans and posts about these, please forgive me.

And again, Thanks for all the detailed info. You guys are champions... strong communicators, and you write well. I'm impressed with your overall work ethic, skill level, and intuitive sense of good presentation.

Word to your families.

8. RicardRC

RicardRC Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really disagree to those who post this on every technical update. These (awsome) developers do not imply that they are smarter than you. And of course do not even say anithing alike! At least, the last two technical updates just implied:
    "I have high-school math level,
    I have programming skills high enough to live from it and...
    I like to look at the problems I find as if they were challenges"
    That's the only implications I see.
    All of those who think knowing math and a programming language makes anyone smarter than anyone else, are yelling "look at me, I'm not interested in math, therefore the ones who know it are proud nerds with enormous ego"... wich positions your opinion under the "dogmatic" line... wich may sound ignorant, childish, basic, or just trolling, rather than as smart as you think.

Peace.

9. SlyNinjaRabbit

SlyNinjaRabbit Title Not Found

Omg its only gonna be a few more days to the beta

Chaselock likes this.
  10. SaDb0y

SaDb0y Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think they updated it 2 weeks ago.
    It will be awesome if the road map change everyday.

11. Antilogic

Antilogic Void-Bound Voyager

Even Starbound does better job with making ninja hooks than any other game.:proper: Well Lets just wait few weeks for the beta !:zzz:

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Holy Star Cow. I don't understand a word of this technical gibberish, but I still love to hear about it.

TY :)

AdenSword and Legodude1237 like this.
  13. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Does it work on enemies!? That's all I need to know about it!!
    [​IMG]

14. GodBlock

GodBlock Orbital Explorer

Put your dummy back in.

Also
    • awesome*
    • anything*
    • which*
    • which*

RicardRC likes this.
  15. Panaxiom

Panaxiom Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would squee if there was a Samus style Grapple Beam in the game. You know, energy grapple with adjustable length? That would be awesome...

[​IMG]

16. killbubble

killbubble Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think i would've understood everything omni said if there hadn't been any drawings, not the best written post i've seen but obviously he was tired enough that he deserved to not recheck his writing ;)

Anyways i believe the devs are working way too quickly, some other dudes should stop moaning and asking for the beta, the sooner it comes out the worse it will be, it is only a matter of mathematics...me? i'm happy i purchased just so i could support development, i don't need no betas ;P

17. Kettle

Kettle Master Chief

So cool, what an addition it would make to the gameplay of a crazy Hylotl ninja. Yay! :laugh:
    Omni, maybe you would be interested in looking at Teeworlds? it's an open-source game with grapple hooks, although your mechanic seems to be superior because of the rope bending.

I suddenly remember Just Cause 2, perhaps we could use hooks as a weapon too?

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  18. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Wow. I never imagined how complicated a ninja rope would be. I now have greater respect for the length of time starbound is taking to make.

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  19. eeewww a daily post requiring math to understand things! Hooks never "excited" me that much, but they sound very nice. :alien:

AdenSword likes this.
  20. 0ptimistPrime

0ptimistPrime Big Damn Hero

meh, i got bored of reading it so i just looked at the pictures. I fully understand it by looking at the pictures