17th March - Beam me up!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 17, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

17th March - Beam me up!

MinimalHermit, Lecic, Tamorr and 7 others like this.
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nice gate.

3. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

A sarcophagos for avian? you're sugesting that the metaphorical "travell" that the deads made is something real? i like itX3

4. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That looks nice! It reminded me in an instant of a place, where such thing could have been invented - the Discworld. I know that has not been intended, but it looks like a nice memento to Terry Pratchett to me. <3

mollygos and Richtor like this.
  5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Pesky Teleporter Bugs.

[​IMG]

mollygos, Ehksidian, Mackinz and 6 others like this.
  6. have you tried turning it off and on again?

Neat looking teleporters, and I can't wait to see what the pathfinding working brings about.

7. Burgerkrieg

Burgerkrieg Void-Bound Voyager

But will we get respawn points in dungeons?

Eternalmyst and Type1Ninja like this.
  8. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Hmmm... So, it's now possible to make new instance of rooms for certain dungeon biomes ala-MegaMan Zero or ZX with the new teleport system or something?

9. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

While some people talk about the "gating" in Starbound being a bad thing, I like what you're showing here.

Eternalmyst likes this.
  10. linkstheman

linkstheman Master Chief

Thanks for the info! I'm very much looking forward to the next update.

I'm guessing that instead of crafting these like I had seen in a nightly video, that instead you use pixels at the Outpost to buy them? Did this change? Just curious.

11. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice stuff. Thanks for the pics.

Titanium likes this.
  12. MarmitaFria

MarmitaFria Master Chief

Can semeone insert the sell system for npcs?

n1t3n and Eternalmyst like this.
  13. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

This game is getting more amazing by the day, teleporters should be top priority so no complaints here but once they are in I hope focus will be shifted towards the full implementation of the farming and building progression paths. I hope that the player built space stations will be part of the builder progression path.

Side question, are you guys planning to implement better tile sets? You know, to allow us to make smooth buildings that look more along the lines of how the ship does? Mods already make this possible, at least for custom ships, so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to make smooth looking buildings in the main game itself. Take a look at the tile sets Planet Centauri has....those are absolutely divine....I would love to see something along those lines in Starbound....pun intended. ;)

Absolutely divine, I say:

This is the kind of awesome stuff that @madtulip's mod allows us to build:

[​IMG]

So why wouldn't the main game allow this kind of building?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  14. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

Amazing! I'm really looking forward to reading all of these daily updates. Please don't stop posting, I can't wait to hear about what's new in the Chucklefish Labs!
    Question, though, which of these are being implemented in the nightly version? I'm not sure whether the teleporter shop is ready for testing use and I really want to try it out as soon as it's in a playable state!

15. DMPumuki

DMPumuki Void-Bound Voyager

16. Proydoha

Proydoha Phantasmal Quasar

Will this new pathfinding fix NPCs trying to walk through wire-locked door?

17. NoTimeForStalin

NoTimeForStalin Pangalactic Porcupine

I just want to know when this will be released. I don't want to use nightlys for fear of losing my character...

18. DarthTrethon

Robotoh and Kawa like this.
  19. NoTimeForStalin

NoTimeForStalin Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

20. DarthTrethon

Sorry bro.....it's all we know. The game development is advancing quickly now so let's hope it's sooner rather than later, but as I pointed above some major features like progression paths are still on the way so at least another 3 or 4 more months.