23 January 2015 - A busy week!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

Supernorn submitted a new blog post:

23 January 2015 - A busy week!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. The new parallax looks fantastic ^^

I'm curious to see the kinda of things the new large creature generator will be capable.

3. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

That red pet of yours looks amazingly well-behaved, although I'm a little bit concerned that he gets distracted by shiny things.

Ah well, he still looks great.

jonathonspy likes this.
  4. guyverlord

guyverlord Big Damn Hero

Can't wait to see what sort of giant monsters will be available for me to kill and loot... I mean study.

5. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Wow, that volcanic planet looks badass!
    I can't think of a better term to describe it.

I'm now tempted to build some sort of fortress on one, once the stable update comes. :)
    Ah, but then I'd miss all the cool forests and rain...
    Maybe I'll build a garden with a bunch of green grass blocks from an another planet.

Heartstrings and Greenfinger like this.
  6. tornar

tornar Void-Bound Voyager

Great work guys!! I just cant wait to see the release of stable update the next week. because it is comming next week, right????

randon, Greenfinger and TurtleFilms like this.
  7. Mutant1988

Mutant1988 Void-Bound Voyager

All those 150 micro-dungeons won't be subterranean, right? Assuming the terminology refers to any prefab structure randomly generated in the game world. A bit more variety in surface structures wouldn't go amiss.

kafkaphoenix, procat, randon and 4 others like this.
  8. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Godzilla's!

roadrashh likes this.
  9. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Thanks for the update. Was getting a little worried what with no posts to the devblog. You planning on releasing the 31st then, just to say you met your deadline? hehehehehehehe

randon and Redtail9898 like this.
  10. SkipperMcCoolJ

SkipperMcCoolJ Aquatic Astronaut

that all does surely look great! you are such a talented bunch of people ...

The | Suit likes this.
  11. SoldierMorty

SoldierMorty Big Damn Hero

Oh wow! I dunno how everyone else feels about it, but the smashable ore nodes is a pretty cool idea! It seems like a pretty simple idea but I really like it. I think it would be cool too if players could tame the mini-bosses... but if it ever does happen, I could easily wait for it after everything else, lol

12. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

8U Sweet baby.

13. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Mind = blown.

This is looking more and more amazing by the day, it is hard to imagine just how insanely amazing this game will be when the 1.0 hits and all the mods start to really get going again.

14. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Wait, what does "smashable rocks" mean? Will we need the Matter Manipulator or some digging tools to break it or we just whack it with any weapon and it'll yield ores?

15. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Supemom is what I read each and every time.

I motion the change finally be enacted.

Long live the Supemom.

Think; pots and those little white capsules.

Jonesy, Ravager, jonathonspy and 3 others like this.
  16. DarthTrethon

Smasheable should mean just that....they can be smashed, as in with your melee weapon.....they didn't say mineable rocks, so it shouldn't involve the matter manipulator or pickaxe. Additionally they mentioned these rocks contain various ores so they should behave like the usual smasheable containers except they give ores instead of pixels.

17. velkos4ever

velkos4ever Void-Bound Voyager

mice.but that really worry's me is about pets.

18. TheGlitchKing

TheGlitchKing Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now, I know I've already said this, but it would make my day for the next few centuries if this happened...
    To increase the need to maintain existing mines, perhaps you could make vein much much longer and larger, but also be quite thin, so a coal vein could stretch up and through a planet for "miles", but also have many stone/ice/whatever blocks between bits, chunks, or big areas of coal. That way the player could follow little pieces through the crust of the planet, sometimes finding bigger deposits, or thicker vein areas. This could lead to a way more interesting mining experience, especially with the micro dungeons
    they would encounter while mining that you detailed, as the player searches for a continuation of the vein.
    It would also encourage the player to set up mining bases for particular veins. Of course, you would also have
    to make the veins rarer, but the long nature of the veins would make them about as easy to find.

Mariado45 likes this.
  19. DarthTrethon

What about them? They'll get a revamped AI whenever CF finishes doing the overall monster AI behavior....beyond that they should work just fine.

20. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Except this is a rock...
    If our weapons are strong enough to break rocks why don't we just dig down with our weapons Shovel Knight-style?
    See, if this were actual pots or capsules dropping ores then I wouldn't bat an eyelash. No one complains about Rupees on the grass or inside pots.
    But if Link were able to break boulders with his starting sword while needing bombs to open cracked walls, that'd be a different story. Suspension of disbelief only goes so far. Even fantasy fiction has it's own set of rules to adhere to...

Ashgan likes this.