December 12th - Balance in all things!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Armagon submitted a new blog post:

December 12th - Balance in all things!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

beari78, AdenSword, Zael and 14 others like this.
  2. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  3. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Balance is always good.

SweenMachine likes this.
  4. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Deadlier combat is good combat.
    I'm liking how monsters die faster but kill faster as well. Should put more emphasis in keeping your distance whenever possible, thus giving ranged weapons even more importance.

eksynn and SweenMachine like this.
  5. Maccer

Maccer Void-Bound Voyager

Well, that's nice, but, uhh... and about the trailer, it will be released this week?...

6. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

I like the easier kills easier deaths change. I think more games should be like that. And as far as pvp goes ill let you know once everything gets pushed to the public server :) hopefully thats soonish

7. Tuesday's Eyebrow

Tuesday's Eyebrow Phantasmal Quasar

Really cool. I also noticed that in the sentence "It might not seem like much but these changes have involved a frankly amount of configuration changes, but it has changed the game feel quite significantly." there's no adjective after the adverb "frankly" making that sentence kinda confusing.

EDIT: looks like you already changed it. Nevermind.

8. Keito

Keito Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait for the stable update. //>v<//

mere0ries, Treequil and SweenMachine like this.
  9. SweenMachine

SweenMachine Big Damn Hero

You guys mentioned there would be a video showcasing the upcoming features this week and did not deliver. I`m not trying to be a negative nelly here, but you guys are on the verge of losing a great deal of support. Release date notwithstanding, please deliver said video ASAP!!

10. Barlov Monkiss

Barlov Monkiss Big Damn Hero

Lookin' good!

SweenMachine likes this.
  11. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Armagon does the trailer, but he also does the balancing. We were on the verge of completing the balancing when we found that the assumptions that we had about it just did not hold and we were left with an unworkable situation. So Armagon had to redo a bunch of work unexpectedly. The trailer is coming very soon, but we had to prioritize game work instead, which is why it's just not out yet.

12. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

This is friday. The week ends on saturday 23:59h, so hey:

[​IMG]
    Not that I'm implying you guys should work on weekends or anything...

Exxil3d, Treequil, agent55511 and 4 others like this.
  13. SweenMachine

SweenMachine Big Damn Hero

Thanks so much for the information, OEntity quoting me makes me feel so warm and fuzzy!! Looking forward to the update!!

KamranMackey likes this.
  14. McTurbo

McTurbo Void-Bound Voyager

Sure, balance is always good. But at the moment in the nightlies the everyone deals more damage and enemies use armor means two things: enemies take dozens of hits to kill but they can potentially one hit kill you. Especially in the missions, there are melee enemies that kill you with one swing even if you block (unless you time it, of course). The first boss fight is balanced and awesome, but almost every other mission I've played so far has had enemies that kill with one hit from full health. Even though I'm wearing full armor of the tier. And they take damage only in the single-digits. So still needs a bit of tweaking.

15. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

So how much of the foody foods have been added? :V

roadrashh likes this.
  16. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

My favorite part about this update is the fact that NPCs don't die as easily anymore; it's always been really sad to wander around planets, see random NPCs that live alone, and then they end up dead because they bumped into a monster. (Of course, it's often a reason to just raid their houses.)

I'm glad that there's more work on balancing systems out, though! I always wondered why NPCs were so squishy.

brenneman and Tamorr like this.
  17. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All these little (but important) steps... working in the IT myself I have a glimpse, how your work place might be just now. :kitten:
    I couldn't help but that just inspired me, so here you go:

You guys are now at fiddly stuff -
    balance things, removing guff,
    prepare a trailer for us geeks,
    while haven't proper slept in weeks?

The last year surely was just crazy -
    we know, you never have been lazy.
    Keep up the spirit and your mettle,
    until the game is in good fettle!

18. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

From just my playthrough today I have encountered in the neighborhood of 20-30. I was barely tier 3 when I stopped though. There are clearly tons of food items. I wish they had more diverse properties than they currently have though.

Madzai likes this.
  19. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

plz give us the ability to mod trees

20. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You've already asked that on several different threads. Just make a suggestion, and leave it at that.

Tamorr, Kawa, Morzan and 5 others like this.