November 3rd - Dungeon Shield Generator Implementation

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Armagon submitted a new blog post:

November 3rd - Dungeon Shield Generator Implementation

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Axe Garian, Haedes, JennShii and 21 others like this.
  2. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Wires. Wires everywhere.

sazafrass and SmugFrog like this.
  3. Marianne Asteri

Marianne Asteri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That dramatic generator smash.
    I can feel the hype building once again within my being.

4. Kholdwyn

Kholdwyn Void-Bound Voyager

I like how you have to power the dungeon on, it adds an eerie feeling to going in dungeons and I half expect something bad to happen. Or maybe I have played too much portal 2 :p

haynesy566, Guthrie28 and Blake81 like this.
  5. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Wow, this could be pretty epic when it's completed!

Have you given any thought to having the shield generator guarded by a completely-white hallway, in which laser beams at varying heights and angles attempt to eliminate any intruders? You know, like the first Resident Evil movie, except with hopefully more chance of survival.

6. Captn

Captn Orbital Explorer

Holy crap this looks amazing.

Any news on when this might come out on stable?

SilentMage and DigitizedSoul like this.
  7. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope we can use that protection system for our bases and houses (also spaceships) in multiplayer. I believe we need some new tool for that or something.

8. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

Sweet married mother of Joseph. The dungeons will actually be hard now… Looks great tho! "10/10 IGN Looks alright"

9. ChefSabata

ChefSabata Space Spelunker

OH MAN! I am so excited now! :D

10. Maks2123

Maks2123 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank for the hard work man. This had to be a pain doing all of that wiring, in game it would be froustrating but in CODE !? Man that had to ba a pain.

11. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

In the video, is that camera panning scripted or did you just do it manually? Scripted camera control would be super awesome!

12. Fatal Glitch

Fatal Glitch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Isnt wiring so fun? I have taken digital electonics classes, and with starbounds new and, dare i say, improved nightly wiring system i can build a fully functioning clock out of just logic gates. "There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont"

Doctor Devil and Program_024 like this.
  13. Treldent02

Treldent02 Orbital Explorer

All that wiring..Wow

14. Amazing Stuff There! 2 Things:
    1. Why Not Dungeon Bosses?! Really just normal exploration, normal npcs, puzzles, traps.. But really there should be bosses defending specially the Generator!
    2. I just... wonder... What will happen to servers performance when a player loads a dungeon with that much wiring! :mwahaha:
    The 2nd really scares me as a server owner, when a player loads a dungeon already causes global lag to the whole server... Oh dear. Let's hope!

15. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

The Generator looks nice^^
    The Ideas about the turned of Teslas and\or lights is very +imersion
    But i have to ask:
    - How are the Dungeonblocks bound to the Generator?
    - Will it be craftable\printable\farmable?(pleeeaasse put it into the next stable :D)

Well played btw .D

16. The dungeon blocks / objects all have an attribute with an ID, the generator simply makes all blocks / objects with said ID indestructible. Additionally wires between indestructible blocks / objects are unable to be severed.

17. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

Very helpfull!
    Didn't see that in the forums yet so domo Arigato :D

18. CadeStirling

CadeStirling Subatomic Cosmonaut

hmmm this would actually be a great time to add trap doors o.o or the ability to have a foreground block become a background block toggle kinda thingy...like if you reach the end of the dungeon, pits and acid traps are sealed by a trap door or cover for your saftey..you could also make pitfalls with them. walk over a pit and hit a trip wire or something and you fall into a trap of sawblades or acid :O

Fatal Glitch likes this.
  19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And not a drop to drink.

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  20. Entomoligist

Entomoligist Big Damn Hero

This is awesome! It feels really creepy when you break the generator, like something is going to pop out and scare me.
    But for some reason, the dungeon is missing something.

-Instead of just turning on lights normally, why not; make the lights flicker a bit, so it looks a little more eerie. Make some of the lights hang off of one cord, like something happened to make the place look tragic (as well as damaging the lights!) Even the little things count.

-Make some things broken! Broken test tubes, you know- the works!