October 2nd - Status of the Status Changes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Oct 2, 2014.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

metadept submitted a new blog post:

October 2nd - Status of the Status Changes

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

What? Okay... bouncy swords...

3. The Ultimate Chance to make Poison not to be the most annoying thing on the Universe! :D

4. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Starbound: Who needs pansy spike traps when the players themselves explode upon touching the floors?

5. Nighzmarquls

Nighzmarquls Void-Bound Voyager

Can environments cause status effects?

Imagine planets or biomes that cause things like this to happen.

6. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

can nitroglycerin be a buff instead of a weakness :rofl: i like the idea of matrix dropping onto a cloud of enemy pixels

7. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

How about I doused someone with a tar-embedded sword, and a second later I struck him/her with a fire sword? Can the tar increase the Burn damage?

Say, if we could make the deaths a bit more graphic, I may forget that a Japanese platformer called Blank Blood existed.

DeffreyJahmer, SeaMichelle and 2030 like this.
  8. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

I love the EXPLODING!!! effect when your character falls
    Starbound need more EXPLOSIONS!!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    OmegaMinion, Higuera and Hatsya Souji like this.
  9. LadenSwallow

LadenSwallow Void-Bound Voyager

OOOoooh GTN spray (Glyceryl Trinitrate spray - short ranged 'aerosol weapon' that could apply nitroglycerine effect to hostiles and regeneration boost to friendlies (suffering from angina?) or maybe even both effects to both parties...) + Bouncy sword = fun :)

Hatsya Souji and General Nuclear like this.
  10. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

watch your step ---- KABOOM!

General Nuclear likes this.
  11. Cyrix

Cyrix Void-Bound Voyager

starbound: directed by michael bay

12. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

Can we use nitroglycerin to suicide bomb players in Multiplayer?

KeesDeNeger, OmegaMinion and Higuera like this.
  13. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

If the player is equipped with a pair of boots with a nitroglycerin tech embedded, it'll be... RIDER KICK!

vanella, Balboa250, Enzencho and 9 others like this.
  14. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

This... is awesome. "ULTIMATE LEMMING DETONATION ATTACK!" ... *BOOM* Massive Damage, and it only costs ALL YOUR ORES (except in hardcore mode, where it costs a ... little more. ^^')!

(*sigh*... yes, yes... I know the whole lemming thing was a Disney-created myth.)

15. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Disney created myth? *confused* Didn't think that the game Lemmings was made by them...o_O At least not that I know of. Those love to explode when there is nothing else to do and the only ones left...

Anyways, nice couple of examples; this will make quite a bit of a variety even for the modders to create themselves. Makes more wonder even more what else there is or can be. :)

16. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Wow - an amazing feature - well worth its wait. Really will make the game much more interesting in the long run.
    The knockback is a bit silly - its more like Rubber Bounce status effect than knockback.
    Maybe instead of bouncing all over the place. A single knock back + 0.5 stun.

====
    Can't wait till you announce the event system.

17. LedgeEndDareE

LedgeEndDareE Space Hobo

A bit off in right field but still related to this: Can we make status effects like poison and burning do % health damage instead of flat damage? Because after about tier 4 armor you can basically swim in poison all day long and laugh at the sound effects of your character choking or being damaged or whatever while they take 1 damage every 3 seconds. Also for monsters it's basically the same thing, after tier 4 poison literally does nothing.

It'd be cool if matter blocks were more versatile in stuff as well - I'd like to see matter blocks used in all sorts of things as status-ailment protecting armor or accessories. Just a thought.

18. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

Nahh, most of the female characters are still fully clothed.[DOUBLEPOST=1412292560][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah, health effects should be calculated in % instead of constants. My tier 6 character needs to eat like, 7 bandages to get back to full health. And sleeping? Psh, say goodbye to a half-hour of gameplay time. ;_;

19. Speed Lightning

Speed Lightning Phantasmal Quasar

These new status effects are rather interesting. I look forward to seeing the rest. =3
    However, I'm not entirely sure about the immense sensitivity of that exploding debuff. o_O

Auraknight and Hatsya Souji like this.
  20. Halon

Halon Phantasmal Quasar

*nitroglycerine effect on player: whatever you do DON'T TRIP:sparta: :chrono: