August 4th - Liquidity

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Aug 4, 2014.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

metadept submitted a new blog post:

August 4th - Liquidity

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

AWSOME!

I absolutely love it! Thank you!

Nujuju299 and GammaNu like this.
  3. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

It's a reverse super-soaker? o.o

Gotta say though, it's a very interesting implementation. I don't think I've seen a sandbox game that let you carry around liquids in large quantities before. Usually, you get a bucket or jar that takes up a whole inventory slot, and holds one block worth and that's it, despite being able to hold a small mountain of solid materials in the same space.

I would worry about the potential for trolling though, I've seen games where griefers like to flood other players' houses with lava and such :p

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  4. Senerio

Senerio Pangalactic Porcupine

O
    M
    G

O_O

5. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

About time. Thank you very much!

[​IMG]

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Well that sucks.

7. Vampiz

Vampiz Pangalactic Porcupine

Like the bucket mod, nice. Looking forward to more scripted stuff. Also, now I can finally make my poison pool.

Da_TinMan, GammaNu and Hatsya Souji like this.
  8. Lintton

Lintton Guest

That's real smooth!

Speaking of crafting recipes for liquids, I hope the dev team remembers that plastics can be made from oil. :)

and maybe make a few things for lava, too.

9. That feels a nice change.
    Each time i see this update blogs i remember i can't play them with my friends. Nightly build is unplayable unless you use cheats to advance (if you follow normal progression you always get stuck on the quest that asks you to collect Plant Fiber, there are no caves) :(

I'm starting to feel the next Stable Build update will be when the game is fully released, what doesn't seem to be on 2014 (unless they cut features and ideas they had to implement before launch).

xnez, enderpony, jamstronaut and 5 others like this.
  10. kratos873

kratos873 Starship Captain

we could also use this water to add it to the terrain? i want to make docks in mi city

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  11. Ponjkl

Ponjkl Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes!! finally 'buckets', one of the most repeatedly suggestions...
    Now in order to collect water, I won't need to live in a rainy planet with bugged rain griefing all my torches and stuff

Blake81 and Hatsya Souji like this.
  12. Laterne

Laterne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hm, i dont like the sprite of the tool. And technical... well, there is already a very good mod for this purpose. But im like the idea of crafting things with liquids.

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

That might depend on how the physics of an ocean planet work.
    The plant seeds you start with (do the other races get wheat too?) can also make plant fiber, along with usable wheat. make a hoe, use the hoe on dirt, plant the seeds, and collect the wheat.

Its slower, but it'll get the quest done, and put you on the road to using burgers.

Skarn likes this.
  14. Skarn

Right. This will put a strain on CF's reputation. Soon the forums will be flooded with criticism.

Heh.
    If you mean the bucket mod mentioned before, I'd probably prefer this personally, but to each their own.

15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

We will be awash with "I doused myself with lava!" threads. It will be a real deluge!

16. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Is anyone else not finding this Blog Post on the main page? I usually check there to find updates, and now i'm confused. :unsure:

EDIT: Found it as soon as I posted. nevermind.

...but this does seem to be a cool mechanic! I think it'd be cool if we could craft Molotov Cocktails using flammable liquids, glass, and Fabric?

17. Skarn

Hmm, never had that issue as far as I know. Did you refresh the page?

Well, anyway. I added a bit to my first post by the way.

18. Corehaven

Corehaven Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wonderful. You guys are adding such interesting things to the game every day.

I'd also like to say thank you, for taking the time, nearly every day to write something to your fan base, and tell us what you're working on.
    It's not something you have to do, but speaking for myself, I sincerely appreciate it. I check to see what you guys are doing every day.
    I'm waiting for the next stable update to play again. Hope it comes sooner rather than later.

19. moddownloader

moddownloader Phantasmal Quasar

its like yuckets buckets but without the storage devices

20. Aurtose

Aurtose Subatomic Cosmonaut

Like the idea, hate that the sucking animation doesn't lead to the barrel of the tool.