July 21 - Get the gate in the game!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Armagon submitted a new blog post:

July 21 - Get the gate in the game!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Admit it, that gate is used to spawn meteors and send them to player-made bases, isn't it. You've been doing that all along, laughing and changing the coordinates and watching the meteors go in.

Also, I first read this as "Get the game in the game!" and thought you added a Rapunzel-like game to the arcade machine furniture items. You got my hopes up! Oh well, this news is still good!

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

"Spawn in specific locations"? That's awesome news for the likes of me.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  4. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

all that comes to mind is...:

"my god... its full of stars!"

LastDay likes this.
  5. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

Interesting if we can have certain missions where we can teleport directly to the dungeon entrance or even tackle certain challenges and stuff

Cliff474 likes this.
  6. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Now the only thing we need is Morgan Freeman walking around that thing.

Alexbwkim, Slimy, Higuera and 4 others like this.
  7. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I imagine him as a special humanoid boss, with its own movesets and sprite-sets, and to be fought like MegaMan X in Ultimate Armor.

8. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Are we supposed to know what these gates do? Did I miss that part, or is it intentionally being kept a secret? just curious.

9. Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

I bet no one noticed this, but if you take a closer look at the spot with the missing face, you can see that one side is a normal head shape, and the other is a head, with what looks to me like hair or something. This could be purely aesthetic, or it could actually mean something. Here's what I think it is. 99% chance aesthetic. 1% chance it means something.

Kawa likes this.
  10. UndeadRuckus likes this.
  11. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

That's very useful for stations and such :D

Also I really love the design of the gate!

It's interestin how the stars in the pillars kinda merge with the stars in the background

12. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

More than a side feature, this could be really useful for us players, specially for those who like to build. As it could address the annoying problem of not being able to make custom Spawn Points at planets. Which ppl have been craving for a while.

So, is there any chance to turn said feature into the quite-on-demand Custom Planet Spawn Point? I think it wouldn't be too difficult to implement if you've already made it work on a similar way.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  13. IOScream

IOScream Subatomic Cosmonaut

-Snip-

Misunderstood the context.

Looking good, and I agree with Izzabelle about being able to dig up those blocks! (Or at least make replicas of them)

If we could dig them up, how would that affect the actual portal? I envisioned them as static points within the universe.

14. ^ exactly.

I want to use the blocks, maybe even the obelisks -- but I have this inclination that they might be static/permanent things that I can't raid -- which is understandable for the gate itself.

15. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Well, then maybe they could make some other mine-able ones. Like say, if you suddenly stumble upon a Gate that was destroyed and can't be used anymore, you should be able to mine them.

16. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

And I can't believe it, Above the seven (soon, 8) races, it's implied that those Tentaculans might have an involvement! Grrrrr! I'm questioning the universe now, what do those Grander Ones/Precursors/Ancients/Omnipotents/Forerunners/Whatever Higher-Being-we-call-it think?

I'm now betting that the "Grander Ones" made those Tentacles as "cleaners"

17. The Guilty Bystander

The Guilty Bystander Void-Bound Voyager

Cant wait until the quest system becomes fully fleshed out!

18. Strength

Strength Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed that there is a spot missing on both sides of the gates. Each piece is representational of each of the races... Including Novakid.

19. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aww, no more Stargate QAQ.

20. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Spawned in a gate and placed it down. Is there any way to activate it? It looks pretty cool. a f A.png

Hatsya Souji likes this.