Wires, Nodes and Ships!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Armagon submitted a new blog post:

Wires, Nodes and Ships!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

MXMach, Mioky, Chompy and 13 others like this.
  2. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

In order to fix things, they must first be broken. Also, I'm super excited to see wiring stuff. I think half the fun will come from creating totally outlandish ways to automate even the most simple of processes. Was one of my favorite parts of Terraria, and even mods in Minecraft. Why do mundane things when you can make mundane things do themselves in a fun way?

Takahiro86 likes this.
  3. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Oh my god the even more busted up ship looks SO sexy! Would it be possible to go for that kind of effect even with the biggest ships? It'd make for some nice horror type levels~

MysticMalevolence and jingle like this.
  4. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

That ship looks very broken which is good. Though maybe a bit more debris in the interior would support the scenario of being stranded and kinda hopeless. Flickering lights are a good addition to the atmosphere. Not being fully useable at the very beginning aswell.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Normally I just view the news, and don't say anything.
    But damn it's good to see some good progression changes. I honestly can't wait to see how overhauled progression will be once the stable update rolls out, because so far, it looks much better than the current progression system.

Aegis J Hyena likes this.
  6. Kergami

Kergami Title Not Found

I appreciate the hard work and effort you guys are putting into this until completion. As for now I will sit back. Grab my popcorn and check the website each day for you guy's updates.

Thank you Chucklefish!

jingle likes this.
  7. jambox5

jambox5 Big Damn Hero

looks good, question: will there be some system (not requiring mods) for the atmosphere in an outpost to be breathable but the outside 'atmosphere-free' ? that's all i care about right now cuz it would make for some fun to make moon bases that I wouldnt freeze/suffocate in

UndeadRuckus likes this.
  8. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

YESH, i am oddly in love with the fact the ship looks like it actually had a tough time escaping and traveling all the way from your home-world to strand you on a unknown planet rather then you just forgot to hit the nearest Fuelbound Gas and Convenience.

9. pwnsrsts25

pwnsrsts25 Master Chief

that ship looks very cool. loving what you guys are doing with the progression stuffs. :)

linkthegamer likes this.
  10. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Repairing the ship is fun for sure. Hm... thinking of it, how are Florans supposed to do that, if there is no other ship or station nearby to stea.... erm, aquire the needed parts?!

jingle likes this.
  11. Ewok

Ewok Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm sure it's possible. Go far enough above a planet and it gets super cold and I believe you get O2 warnings (can't remember as I haven't played in months).

12. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Cold does indeed happen
    Not sure about O2 (Only ended up going up there when I had a breath pack thing), but the cold DOES happen.

13. Xeridae

Xeridae Void-Bound Voyager

This is some pretty cool stuff. I'll have to check out the nightly now...

14. velkos4ever

velkos4ever Void-Bound Voyager

15. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

good work!

16. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Yay, proximity detection! Something I didn't even notice was missing until just now! :party:

And good luck with light wiring. That sounds a bit tedious, and I didn't know that some lights weren't controllable. And I see that lights are finally on the ship control panels (or at least the one shown in the image). Also something that I didn't realize was missing (because lights are generally always on anyways!)

17. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

This. So much this. Cannot WAIT for the stable update. This in the nightly yet? I figure we won't see a push to Stable for still a bit of a time to come.

18. jingle

jingle Space Spelunker

funny comment, y practicle do the same thing but... not... whit popcorn

19. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

That...doesn't even make sense.

20. Proydoha

Proydoha Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know if somebody mentioned this already but whole point of wire-locking any door disappears because any other player can easily break through it with a pickaxe/drill. It's harder to drill through concrete than to dismount "an impenetrable impervium door".

jingle likes this.