27th of June, 2014: GV-Blog Boss Blog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Jun 27, 2014.

1. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

GeorgeV submitted a new blog post:

27th of June, 2014: GV-Blog Boss Blog

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Yay, Rock Man lives! Can we also get Cut Man and Ice Man? Maybe Metal Man, too, if there is a sequel?

3. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'm sure its drill can pierce the heavens!

4. jambox5

jambox5 Big Damn Hero

5. Bronze Dog

Bronze Dog Starship Captain

A boss you have to fight with digging. Thumbs up on the concept and the play variety it'll add.

6. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This boss seems to.. rock.. (okay okay, im sorry ;D)

7. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

This rocks. I dig it.
    Solid design. Can't take it for granite.

... :p

8. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, nice touch! The first boss so far one might attack with a pickaxe rather than real weapons.

Reminds me of Horta :rock:

9. Guthrie28

Guthrie28 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I have a new favorite boss.

10. Gindew

Gindew Phantasmal Quasar

I just love everything in this game! this is actually my Dream Game!

11. Ilusiveman

Ilusiveman Void-Bound Voyager

Cool dance animation!

Greenfinger, Titanium and jonathonspy like this.
  12. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Looks interesting,yet kinda gimicky?

I mean,a boss is most o the times just beating it down and avoiding atacks,but atacking with a pickaxe...dunno,seems strange.

Also,im guessing you would need to stun it aswell?How on earth would you stun a giant drill rock?

Greenfinger likes this.
  13. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

It has to be named Lagann.

14. Bronze Dog

Bronze Dog Starship Captain

I get the impression that you have to dig it up to stun or expose it to attacks with regular weapons. Otherwise, it's resistant or immune.

15. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Seeing as it looks to go preety damm fast by its animation,im gonna bet diging the boss would be hard,or stuning it,seeing as it is giant piece of cobled up rock and machinery that drill all over the place!

All we have seen so far were just some small gifs of the boss animations though,so im fairly optimistic that George and the Team will suprise me.Hopefully:p

Alo,Its kinda obvious how the batle would work,no need to point it out whrn I already knew:notworthy:

Greenfinger likes this.
  16. flamingbacon19

flamingbacon19 Big Damn Hero

Hmmm can we name give name suggestions? If so I would call it, "drillmite" Or something, I don't know really but just suggesting something!
    Anyways I dig it and it rocks. Looks cool and I really want to fight it. Also a question, What item summons it? Some kind of mysterious stone? Or a machine that shakes the ground awakening this beast?
    Also what materials do you use to make the summoning item? I would really like to know so I could get the materials now and get ready to fight it!
    Also another thing, what kind of attacks does it have? Looking at the sprites (or whatever their called) that you made it has a drill projectile attack. Anything else?
    And another thing, (sorry if this bores you) I like how your adding a new boss and all but can you re visit other bosses and re-write/make them a tad bit better? Because the jelly king boss is extremely easy to fight along with the bone dragon boss. The materials are a bit hard to get but otherwise they got weaknesses. Again another thing to consider is that people summon and just trap the bosses with blocks, this new boss you cant do that with because it burrows but anyway to fix that or make them more destructive? Anyways, that's pretty much all I got to say and keep up the great work! I can't wait to see how awesome starbound is when it's fully released/done!

-Flamingbacon19

Greenfinger and jonathonspy like this.
  17. velkos4ever

velkos4ever Void-Bound Voyager

wow ! i like where this is going :D
    keep up the good work

Earthboundtothestars likes this.
  18. DoctorShaggy

DoctorShaggy Void-Bound Voyager

I vote for calling him Balboa.