June 25th - More Outpost Progress!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Armagon submitted a new blog post:

June 25th - More Outpost Progress!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Galaxydog1, Zael, LastDay and 9 others like this.
  2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Now that is one sexy outpost

3. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I'm slightly disturbed that the bathroom stalls can be accessed from a doorway that is NOT near a sink, in fact it is on the opposite side of the room. This clearly violates all Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Cleanliness laws.

Please correct this glaring health code violation before anonymous whistleblowers start showing up and writing reports!

(just kidding, that looks really awesome)

MetaSieg, Zouleena, Zael and 8 others like this.
  4. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Are the stores going to have randomly generated characters in them, or the same person over and over again? Because if it's the later, the stores are going to be somewhat lame and also a little creepy, as they're run by clones.

And will we be able to pick them up and take them with us? I REALLY HOPE NOT. Or, at least make it so if we break them, the guards get mad, the person inside falls out, and the store no longer works when you place it back down.

Zael, LordQ and PabloM like this.
  5. lividust

lividust Starship Captain

awesome can't wait to see more

6. WolfWave

WolfWave Big Damn Hero

Im looking forward to those.

Serenity likes this.
  7. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Which way to the Cantina?

Looks really nice!

8. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I wonder what tier bed the dorms are...
    My favorite thing to do, when I'm playing with a certain friend mine, is to take the very first pieces of durasteel we get and turn them all into furniture. It makes him so mad... :rofl:

9. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

I really dig the futuristic look of these outposts, and I seriously love the crates

10. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Probably a new bed like eerything in that place.

Nice job. There is only the people missing now.

11. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Pssst: the crates have 64 slots in them atm

Akado likes this.
  12. Captn

Captn Orbital Explorer

Keep up the good work!

13. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Looking real good

14. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

Ouuuuutpost! :headbanging:

15. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I love the outpost art! I wonder if we can either salvage or recreate those blocks to make one on our home planets...

16. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

no outpost on homeplanet, that's why it's called.. outpost DUH :p

Hatsya Souji and dem0nmech like this.
  17. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

That looks great. Are you guys going to expand the Outpost planets to include underground sections, dungeons, and other stuff? Because as it is, the Outpost is really great, a really cool idea, but ultimately just a building that would work on ANY planet, not just so-called "Outpost" ones. Either the Outpost planet needs to be a lot smaller than it is, now, or there needs to be a lot more content on the planet to justify setting them apart from the rest of the universe.

Zael likes this.
  18. Bronze Dog

Bronze Dog Starship Captain

I'm so eager for this. Place looks great, and I'm likely going to feel a little bit guilty when I raid one for the furniture. But I can mitigate that guilt by replacing the stuff I take with printed versions.

19. It'd be cool if the outposts had a sort of cityscape as their backdrop along with the asteroids, just a suggestion :p
    The progress is looking great though! When this update comes out the game isn't even going to feel the same at all!

20. Legodude1237

Legodude1237 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks great! I can't wait to fill my (soon to be) upgraded ship with urinals!

Dyskord likes this.