9th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Tiy submitted a new blog post:

9th June Progress

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Ado, Chompy, Windcaller and 4 others like this.
  2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

A monster that shoots snot? YES

Ado, legodude2 and LastDay like this.
  3. That's amazing work being done to improve combat immersion and variety!
    Are the projectiles supposed to "pass by you" or there will be collision animations, specially when you "shield" the projectile?

legodude2 likes this.
  4. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

New in Starbound: Sidestepping.

[​IMG]

LastDay, creepwolf and Studio Gremlin like this.
  5. Studio Gremlin

Studio Gremlin Space Spelunker

These look great guys!

6. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

About the AI interface... What about TH/HwB/MAI/Glitch AI? Did you decide to keep that thing? If so will there be a way to alter it so people who absolutly hate it will be able to get rid of it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
    k0rd likes this.
  7. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

This looks great, but as I'm sure I've asked before, will we be seeing more specific and diverse drops from monsters?

MSJesterkid and snefu114 like this.
  8. _Defender_

_Defender_ Master Chief

I would have thought, that the third monster shoots its "slime" out of these "onion" / "pimple" at its back :x :D

Nice work :)

9. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

And bowling! Two of the best activities known to pixelman!

10. SoldierMorty

SoldierMorty Big Damn Hero

Oh wow, it's that suit from the wallpaper! Righteous.
    Double righteous with the preview. Looking good!

11. davethwave

davethwave Void-Bound Voyager

When is the update going to be out for all of this...

12. SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

Great job on the attacks!

13. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

hmm.... interesting few you have there. Wonder if there is going to be a gas to icicle attack, that would be interesting for a snow planet. Basically it spews a gaseous cloud that morphs/freezes to icicle shards that attempt to rain down on us.

From the sounds of it though at least things are moving along quite nicely. :D

PabloM likes this.
  14. Newport

Newport Master Chief

Seeing this has made me realize how silly the monster gen can be. In this snowy environment there are animals that are dressed in neon colors. I know realism is overrated, and realism =/= fun, but wouldn't it be just slightly more immersive if the monsters were generated to fit the environment around them? Not just color, but attacks, and parts as well.

Trent, NovastarX, PabloM and 3 others like this.
  15. Mokinokaro

Mokinokaro Subatomic Cosmonaut

Probably not for a while. I get the feeling we're going to get almost the complete progression revamp at once.

16. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

I'd like it if it was rare to find monsters that grossly mismatch with the biome.

This way finding red fire breathing creatures on an ice planet would be something rare and surprising as opposed to having a rainbow of creatures everywhere.
    And hey, it makes some sense for a creature on an ice planet to develop a way to keep itself warm, right?

But yeah I think that having the colors be completely random may actually substract from the surprise of finding new creatures, having some creature/biome combos be very common and others very rare might be much more interesting. :)

17. Galacticon

Galacticon Void-Bound Voyager

It is nice to see progress on this wonderful game. Posts like this on a weekly basis is encouraging. This is why we paid early access, to support further development. Thank you.

AsmodeanMage likes this.
  18. k0rd

k0rd Void-Bound Voyager

Good work on the attack variations. It will certainly make fighting mobs seem less of a robotic task and reward a more strategic fighting style!

19. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

Snotty elephant head for the win lol, but I think the "slime" bubble attack is really cool.

20. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

i really hope there'd be collision with monsters, the way they can go right through you is kinda weird......

AsmodeanMage likes this.