May 27th - Glowing Staff Fun

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, May 27, 2014.

1. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

May 27th - Glowing Staff Fun

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    Tamorr, Weyen, Serenity and 7 others like this.
  2. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Dude, when will you have time to check other bugs? There are lots of them listed, yet I don't know which ones were fixed.
    I asked Molly, but she forgot, it seems)

PSS likes this.
  3. Liacu

Liacu Void-Bound Voyager

PSO style space magic. I'm okay with this.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nice charge animation.

5. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Like the design on the staff

6. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

First off, thanks so much for maintaining a bug list.

We have our own internal bug tracking system, we haven't yet launched a public one.

I am aware of most of the bugs you have in your list. Some of them have already been addressed, and some are out of date, and some are actually by design (ie, you don't get hungry while you sleep or sit is intentional.)

We are slowly working through a giant mountain of bugs, but getting features done is our first priority.

A1CZERO, Zurgh, Jonesy and 6 others like this.
  7. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Oh, I didn't know you had a bug tracking system! What a relief, really.
    And yes, I know you're all aware, I just wanted to mark some of them as solved, because I know you guys are working hard on fixing them)

8. 8-BIT Gorilla

8-BIT Gorilla Astral Cartographer

Very nice, I love that animation. Keep up the good work!

9. That looks awesome (that phrase is getting tired but still holds the same excited sentiment)!

Hopefully they'll feel as unique as they look.

10. Jafetgx

Jafetgx Phantasmal Quasar

Seems powerful :eek:!

i want one already!

11. Bryan

Bryan Phantasmal Quasar

Looks pretty rad, man.

12. Instans

Instans Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Glowing Staff"??? Bad update again. I dont need this! I need optimization of this super-lag-game! Sorry for bad english.

13. Mazekial

Mazekial Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting. I personally would have preferred the staff head aiming in the direction the projectile will fire, but I'm a silly person who knows nothing of coding or how programming works, so I have no room to criticize what I think should be done. Plus the fact I'm only one person with an opinion, so, uh, yup.

14. torp3do

torp3do Orbital Explorer

awesome! ;) nice design and nice animation! keep going! i'm impatient to try it! :rofl:

15. EnderNecro

EnderNecro Void-Bound Voyager

In my opinion the energy should go to the floating crystal making it glow

16. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Optimization will come in the later stages of the Beta. Not in the first one which we are in

Kabu, Jonesy, BubbleJuice and 2 others like this.
  17. Hyooga

Hyooga Guest

Beautiful animation!
    The projectile though looks kinda bad, but im sure that's just a placeholder.
    Let's get the starbound hype going again!

18. Instans

Instans Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Оптимизация должна быть чуть ли не главной вещью в разработке, а у вас она отложена "на потом". Сейчас игра представляет собой непонятный сборник шапок и мечей с разноцветными рудами, которая тормозит на лучших компьютерах. Это неадекватно, учитывая то, что люди ПЛАТЯТ за эту игру.

Мне лень переводить.

Moderator Edit:
    Optimization should be almost the main thing in the design, and you have it postponed "for later." Now the game is a collection of weird hats and swords with colored ores, which slows to top computers. This is inadequate, given the fact that people are paying for this game.

I'm too lazy to translate.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    bluecameraman likes this.
  19. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you did read about the phases, optimizations arent exactly planned for this phase. Besides, they do work on other things, but i guess a staff is better to show around and more exciting than "background" work.
    The game doesnt run exactly smooth on my museum-worthy machine, but its playable most of the time (and i knew that it wont be optimized for a while, because i actually did read stuff :p)

Kawa likes this.
  20. kelko585

kelko585 Subatomic Cosmonaut

There wasnt supposed to be magic in starbound, but wait this is no magic this is SCIENCE!!! :sparta: