GeorgeV Super News: 21st of May!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, May 21, 2014.

1. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

GeorgeV Super News: 21st of May!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    Ado, Scourger, killpay and 27 others like this.
  2. Octopaige

Octopaige Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whoo! S.A.I.L. definitely sounds better!

Good work, now to implement it! ;)

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  3. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

It's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEE!!!! *thundercrashes*

Love the progress on the UI. Looks pretty damn sweet even for a protototype!

4. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Heh pretty well fitting name. After its a spaceSHIP... and ships "sail" <.<

I see what you did there ^^

jonathonspy likes this.
  5. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

Exclusive Forum Dev Reply:

It's currently designed to be at least a bit generic (yeah it's mostly human :p). Racial versions hopefully will be made later and we're also talking about the possibility of expanding the roll of this ship computer eventually. We'll see what happens. Right now we're just aiming to get the basic system working and then we can build upon it.

Ado, vanella, Thundercraft and 10 others like this.
  6. Exclusive Dev Question:
    Will this expand to the actual Navigator System? Would be fun, could add more options as coords bookmarks and stuff, also instead of instant "Scan" the planet you could upgrade your ship and add better Scan Options to know what's going on the planet!

Novanoid, Jeoshua, AvantGuard and 2 others like this.
  7. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

There's talk about the possibility of expanding the AI's role into other systems. Quests (instead of them popping out of nowhere), Nav, etc. But since it's just barely started being made we can't really say for sure where it'll end up. We have ideas though.

:lickitung::poo:

Ado, vanella, Thundercraft and 10 others like this.
  8. That looks amazing!

jonathonspy likes this.
  9. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

I'd like the thought of the AI giving you random, optional quests that might upgrade / fix the ship in some way. Like "Hey, I found this awesome way to consume less fuel when jumping, go get this crap and we can make it happen."

Sagarras, Ado, vanella and 12 others like this.
  10. jibbi

jibbi Title Not Found

I´d love it if SAIL will get some character in the future. Maybe even race and therefore ship/technology based. Nothing beats a sassy board computer thats complaining about your obviously bad choices and meager problems.
    Oh the possibilities!~

jonathonspy and Starsly like this.
  11. Kyon

Kyon Contact!

This.
    While farming trees isn't too terribly difficult, it gets annoying to spend an hour of your time whenever you feel as if your fuel-supply is running low just to get a copious amount of coal.

Thundercraft and jonathonspy like this.
  12. Quilapa

Quilapa Space Hobo

I would like to see a new feature implemented with the ships and teleportation. Its very easy to just teleport up to your ship if you get into a perilous situation. What if the ship orbited with the planet and you were unable to teleport up during the night because your ship is locked into a day night cycle orbit? Later in the game you could upgrade your ships nav system and set your orbit cycle. The planet itself could disrupt your ability to teleport up at night. I think it would force players to be more resourceful at night rather than just beaming up when they get in trouble. Great work on the A.I.! I think we're all looking forward to seeing it implemented.

13. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

That is disturbing... really disturbing...

Ado, vanella, Thundercraft and 3 others like this.
  14. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Reminds me of what McDonalds tastes like after eating too much of it. :O

Food and hunger meter aside, I'm going to enjoy seeing what kinds of things the modding community would do with something awesomely similar to this.

jonathonspy and ___MeRliN___ like this.
  15. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

GeorgeV just confirmed that S.A.I.L. will allow upgraded ships to do barrel rolls.

vanella, jonathonspy, Shock and 7 others like this.
  16. Zurgh

Zurgh Void-Bound Voyager

Lookin' good! All things start off as an idea. Keep up the great work!

jonathonspy and PositivAndroid like this.
  17. KamiCrit

KamiCrit Void-Bound Voyager

All it does is yap!

jonathonspy and xnez like this.
  18. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

Looks cool, and I would be for the implementation of that in all the ship systems.
    I'd also kinf of hope you can change to whatever image you want for your AI if there is more than one possible.

jonathonspy and Starsly like this.
  19. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Ooooh!!!! I can imagine this wor king well with the modding community. I'll love to see the many different faces that appear for each race's Ship S.A.I.L. Love the puns.

jonathonspy and Shock like this.
  20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

[​IMG] That makes me moist.