20th February Blog post

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

20th February Blog post

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  2. I like the office pic even though it is so small.
    It looks very... UK-eish :rofl:
    I'm glad the content and engine updates will be separate, this is really awesome.
    Good job guys, keep it up! =)
    [​IMG]

3. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

4. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your dividing wall looks edible.

5. Dwasyt

Dwasyt Void-Bound Voyager

Speno1, SilentMage, Deader and 3 others like this.
  6. Muromets

Muromets Master Chief

Those walls are really awesome! Now I want some too !!! Congrats and great work, as usual!

7. squarebit

squarebit Orbital Explorer

Awesome, glad things are coming together for you!
    You're living my dream, haha.

One day... *strokes chin and peers into the starry night*

8. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Sounds like an exciting time for you!
    I wish you good luck!

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Dem walls.

Also nice to hear that the smaller updates shouldn't affect mod compatibility too much.

10. Any word on the next "Content" update? Pretty excited to see the incoming goodies (any stuff for builders?!?!)

Also, I'm really hoping the Rise of the Hylotl mod makes it into the game. That mech mod is cool too :)

Uxt likes this.
  11. Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Phantasmal Quasar

I may constantly nag about two currently conspicuously missing basic features (delete character button + inability to see all human customization options in character creation), but I am still supportive of you guys and wish you the best. No matter how things go from here, it's much better to burn out than fade away. I hope Chucklefish has many adventurers ahead of them.

vanella and Hawk Novablast like this.
  12. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Awesome, can't wait for new content, great that we won't have to update our mods for it. Also, your office looks fanceh, those dividing walls look epic.
    YES! Maybe not the exact mech's, but something like this please. Also, for a mech idea, a USCM mech, looks like the human mech but black with glowing blue lights (Tier 10 armor color scheme), and it has the USCM logo printed on it, and fires blue plasma. Would probably be found in USCM bases, in some sort of vehicle hanger on the surface (probably within a hill, and connected via the tunnel complex to the main base).

Also if your adding mods, once ship customization is added, the final Human ship upgrade should look like the Human Dreadnaught from this mod http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/human-dreadnought.416/. If you could customize its colors as well (for example switching out the red for blue and the white for black, and adding the USCM logo/flag) would be awesome. And for upgrading, a system should be used where you start out with the default ship, and can use materials/pixels to add new areas and connect them where you like, such as a medical bay, captains quarters, crews quarters, engine room, storage, vehicle hanger, containment cells, etc. And also purchasing upgrades like weaponry (when space combat is added), shields, boarding ramp, escape pod, new color schemes, logos/flags, etc.

EDIT:
    Screw the Hylotl, I want more Human/USCM features :p

PabloM likes this.
  13. Crabcakes

Crabcakes Astral Cartographer

Would ocean planets/biomes in general fall under content or engine updates? Will I just start playing one day and find there are oceans? :chucklefish:

vanella and PabloM like this.
  14. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

Congrats on the office!

15. Hawk Novablast

That would go under content, I bet the missing biomes will be added with the final universe wipe.

16. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

I'm all for surprises, but doesn't withholding that info from the beta testers defeat the purpose of beta testing in the first place? How are we supposed to know where to focus on testing?

Congrats on the new office! Looks cool. I'm sure you'll be a ton more productive now - not that you weren't before!

Rabek, vanella, Frigglish and 2 others like this.
  17. Kingpendragon

Kingpendragon Big Damn Hero

You mean that you will not post changelogs on the cometic updates, right? Changelogs for engine updates are too important to ignore.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  18. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Yes engine updates will still get full changelogs

19. Hawk Novablast

Yeah, I'm almost certain that's what he means. Also, he said 'full changelogs' meaning they'll tell us some stuff (maybe in a roleplay fashion like the Starbound Chronicles? :3), but they'll leave some cool stuff for us to find out ourselves.

20. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

good to see things are finally settling. Like the look of the dividers, they have a nice touch to the eyes. :D

So far liking the way yall are going about things, or what was mentioned anyhow, continue to do what you can when you can for one of the best games out there. :)