Race 5 Different playable races, vote for the best one!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vincey, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Which race do you like the most?

1. Shardosian

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Cucumbian

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Moran

40 vote(s)
    54.8%
  4. Splurg

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. Crapacian

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Hi, I made 5 different sprites all of which represent a race that could be playable! I would like to have your opinion on which of these you guys would be more likely to paly with. Here's a closeup:

[​IMG]

First on the left is the Shardosian! They're some gray alien with a long head having 6 eyes. It has some crystal shards here and there on its body, they only have an aesthetic purpose tho. They have a tail to bring balance to their body as their head is ellongated to the front.

Second on the left is The Cucumbian! (the name is temporary, but they look like cucumbers... or cactus or whatever) Their body and head are one big green sausage. Not much else I can tell from them... They're funny!

Third oned is the Moran! A short legged purple psychic species. They can be quite annoying as they read through minds... Other than that, they have "nipples" here and there on their body. Alienish.

Fourth one is the Splurg! http://community.playstarbound.com/...s-exotic-pink-and-stinky-playable-race.13051/ Yea. already made a thred and a whole sprite sheet on them. Have a look on them!

And the last is the Crapacian! They're bug like cyclops with a bunch of... things coming out of their body. They have a large and thick solid body.

Ok so some of you will complain that I haven't gave enough background to each of them, well, that's the point. I want you to vote for your favorite race so I can make a sprite sheet with them and give them a background. Your suggestions are welcomed. So please, vote for one!

I'll work alot on their customisation, so if you don't like the color and some minor details, feel free to tell me, I'll be sure to make it so you can have it the way you want it!

Squiddy, Nadroz, Recnar and 2 others like this.
  2. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally kinda like the look of the Shardosian. These ideas probably all need a lot more development before they'd be able to be used in game though.

3. Moran, I like them. But they are all great:alien:

WoxandWarf and Vincey like this.
  4. TheNook

TheNook Orbital Explorer

Why not Biomech?

5. An Incognito Tuxedo

An Incognito Tuxedo Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why am I the only one who likes the crapacian!?

6. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

I wonder why people prefere Moran. Any opinion/suggestion on this?

7. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the crapacian, but it is more like a tree than a bug. But they are all pretty good.

8. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

I personally don't care for any of them - they're all very indistinct and just look like blobs of color, lacking the character or art direction of the original six. :/

With more tweaking and making them stand out more, however, I think you're onto something.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  9. Pofinator

True, true

WoxandWarf likes this.
  10. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

I like the 1st one. Sure, it needs some improvement by staff, but it would be cool to have a crystal creature to play as.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  11. Pofinator

It would be, but i think the first is also a shark, which would mean another water race

12. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

It looks more like grey rock to me.

Vincey and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Pofinator

Oh, the name comes from SHARD, not SHARK! Im so smart

14. Recnar

Recnar Space Spelunker

I don't know about other people, but I enjoy playing as a creature that has Character! For instance, in the Elder Scrolls, I've always plaid as an Argonian because I think they look cool, and I've always liked the personality of the Argonian NPCs. That's why I voted for the Cucumbian, because he's unique, looks cool, has a lot of personality, and he looks like he'd fit right into the game! The other races look more like monsters you would fight :) which is still cool.

Vincey and WoxandWarf like this.
  15. Rocksta37

Rocksta37 Phantasmal Quasar

Moran looks like a baus.

16. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

In any case, I'm working on the moran actualy, Maybe Shardosian eventualy, but I doubt the devs would like it in the game since they have a messed up head. Stay tunned bros and bras ;)

17. Pofinator

No cucumber? Aww, they woulda been eaten anyway

Recnar and WoxandWarf like this.
  18. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

Yeah the cucumbians were my favorite after the Splurgs, but their head is too elongated to have them in the game, sadly.

19. Pofinator

Awww darn.

20. BeastsBloom

BeastsBloom Astral Cartographer

The Purple or the Brown one would work