1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed 3D printer ate my spawner

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nattywwc, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nattywwc

Nattywwc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pretty much what it says. I had (had... :() a spawner, a tool spawner (spawns a merchant, not a tool. Although the merchant may be a tool.) As with everything else in the game I decided to put it through the 3D printer scan function, just to see if I could get multiple copies. Unlike other rare or unique items, it worked! Item gone, pixels deducted. Exept no tool spawner pattern in the list. I know there isn't anything I can do to get it back short of getting a new one, but this being fixed would be nice. My other spawner I had (stim spawner) doesn't even scan, but just sits there upon button press.

2. AdaIsDead

AdaIsDead Aquatic Astronaut

Same with the Doctor spawner :(

3. Sconna

Sconna Master Chief

And my stimpack spawner.

4. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

AND MY A...

No, wait.

My seeds. I scanned a bunch of seeds, and they disappeared out of the 3D Printer recipe list.

Moon Star likes this.
  5. Nomade

Nomade Contact!

yeah 3d printer is broken, has been said a few times already...only furniture scans properly atm

but don't be sad you'll lose all of your stuff with the next update anyways ;-)

6. casualpolygon

casualpolygon Poptop Tamer

happened to me too right now :(

7. stealthinator

stealthinator Poptop Tamer

Have you guys searched the thing in the 3d printer. It doesn't always show up at the start.

8. casualpolygon

casualpolygon Poptop Tamer

yeah searched for it. not there :(

9. stealthinator

Well it is beta so lots of bugs.

10. Rotten

Rotten Seal Broken

NOBODY NEEDS YOU TO SAY THIS. WE ALL KNOW IT IS A BETA AND IT IS NORMAL TO REPORT BUGS.

11. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

It also ate my friend's spawner and now he's really upset because I suggested he do that without knowing if it'd work or not.

12. Karoupa

Karoupa Space Hobo

Note: Some items become craftable through the forge or crafting table so always check those two places as well.

I have some items to add to the list of "scanned then gone".
    - Glitch Decorative Armor that can be used as a switch. The other, useless decorative armor scans fine.
    - The ice sphere chest.

13. GreyMaria

GreyMaria Existential Complex

The spawners are not craftable anywhere at the moment. Stop suggesting that they are, because this is incorrect.

14. Raikuen

Raikuen Big Damn Hero

I tried to put in a tool spawner as well and it just got destroyed by the 3D printer. Chests on the other hand might appear at your crafting table instead of the printer. My high-tech chest and Glitch castle chest are in the 3d printer while the mushroom and ice chest are in the crafting table now.

15. stealthinator

You can get a spawner for a wizard by using a brain sucker thing and zap him to death that's how I got my spawner.

16. GreyMaria

GreyMaria Existential Complex

No; that just means that a Wizard spawner is a possible drop from a Wizard. The Brain Extractor does not cause enemies to drop from a special loot table; it only replaces the drops for fauna-types.

17. Bouserthedog

Bouserthedog Master Chief

man, I killed off my tool spawner and chef spawner in the 3D Printer too.
    I accidentally killed my friends chef in his ship and offered to get a new spawner and low and behold neither of them were on the printer list.
    Now nobody has on board meals :\

18. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

Neither of you can bring food from planets?

(it's a joke)

Bouserthedog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.