Coming in tonights update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

Coming in tonights update

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    Boesermann, WizzStar, uouhj and 57 others like this.
  2. Transhumanist

Transhumanist Void-Bound Voyager

3. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome progress, updates coming in fast.

4. Muffinut

Muffinut Star Wrangler

Would it be a problem to include in these changelogs whether or not saves will be compatible with the new version?

5. Veav

Veav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are climbing ropes? Why can't we climb the hanging vines then? :(

Morzan, tungdil, AdenSword and 21 others like this.
  6. Premoril

Premoril Void-Bound Voyager

Good, the temp. meter change should get rid of most of the confusion, it was getting annoying how few people could figure that out.
    No it's not the length of time till day, no it's not a light meter, and no it's not a goddamn sanity meter.

7. ayunox

ayunox Phantasmal Quasar

Is the UFO boss also fixed?. I can't beat him cause he disappears everytime. I tried to beat him several times and it's still the same.

8. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

Climbing ropes?! Wonderful. In fact all the changes are great. If we had some way to stash pixels on our ship I wouldn't mind the 30% loss on death. I wouldn't mind up to 50% even since you could stash it before you did anything dangerous. If the penalty isn't great enough no one will bother getting out from underground and dying will turn into fast travel back to the ship.

9. I would guess that they would put it there if such an event happened, considering its significant repercussions.

NewcDukem likes this.
  10. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the update on the update. :megusta:

filipehr and BrPhoenix like this.
  11. BrPhoenix

BrPhoenix Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome!

One request: I'm not sure how much easier the UFO boss'll be, but he was FAR too hard as it was. It required top gear and 10+ minutes of kiting and arrow-firing. Not even the legendary weapon could deal much damage, so I'm glad that you're making him easier.

Can't wait to play the new version! :D

Dinosocks, Nose, Dreick and 2 others like this.
  12. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

Hey Devs, not sure if you're aware, but if you buy a stack of items from a merchant, you only lose pixels equal to the price of ONE of those items.

13. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

I hope Batwe can fix the XP issue soon
    I'm getting more anxious when i see a steam alert saying a friend is playing Starbound
    But i guess i can give him some leniency because he was working day and night trying to get the Beta released :)

14. Erasmus

Erasmus Aquatic Astronaut

From what I have seen of friends/streamers playing, this will be a great update. I have to ask, though, if you guys are making any progress on Starbound still crashing without opening on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

15. AskaLangly

AskaLangly Space Hobo

Hopefully people can move on from XP to at least 7. You all know it's EOL, right?

Pinocchio and Jeffica like this.
  16. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Windows 7 is much inferior to Windows XP in every way shape and form
    and who has the cash to drop 90$ onto Microsofts lap for a new OS when this one works just fine

17. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

The game is looking awesome so far!

I can run it fine on my new desktop, but it's pretty laggy on my 3 year old laptop. my girlfriend and I both play. Guess who get's to use the new PC :p

Does anyone know if there are plans for low res options in the menu?

uouhj and xavier like this.
  18. Mr Lemons

Mr Lemons Void-Bound Voyager

Loving it so far, keep it up guys!

19. undeliverable

undeliverable Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow. Thats all I can say. A great response to customer feedback. Thanks guys!

20. Hamit Oezdemir

Hamit Oezdemir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There goes my last hope on destroying UFO boss. :) Good work, fellas. Keep up wonders ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.