29th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 30, 2013.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

29th September Progress

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome =D

I love how much work you guys are putting into the NPC's. It should make the game feel that much more special :)

onerb2, MDoubleM, madkillller and 7 others like this.
  3. c_anthony

c_anthony Tentacle Wrangler

This game is looking better, and better, and better every day! I can't wait to play it!

tassina and Scourger like this.
  4. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome, looking better by the day. ! :) Interesting to see how the village buildings are growing together with new game mechanics.

However, when I read "Glitch" and "Optics", I can' help but think of...

connor.png

uouhj, McTurbo, TsukiOkami and 53 others like this.
  5. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

Will guards in this game be like they were in Oblivion? Where they will chase you halfway across the continent just because you touched a piece of bread?

I also have a feeling that all the other races will comment on humanity's... more suggestive nature.:iswydt:

Edit: Are the glitch also Elcors now?

McTurbo, Lukhaz, Ren and 13 others like this.
  6. SpringbokXD

SpringbokXD Void-Bound Voyager

The day i can play this game will be a happy day :')

Ren, madkillller, Bars and 3 others like this.
  7. SerinityFyre

SerinityFyre Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the continued updates! Keep up the great work :)

RicardRC likes this.
  8. Wolfbanes

Wolfbanes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man, this game is turning out so great, all this work on glitch is making me want to start as a glitch!

tassina likes this.
  9. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

I remember seeing a thread saying how they would like the Glitches to talk like that. Either you guys already had that in mind or you really do love your community and listen to our ideas. GO CHUCKLEFISH :chucklefish:

10. Exxil3d

Exxil3d Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really loving all of the depth you guys are adding. I love games that the devs put their hearts and souls into. Keep it up!

Zeddos, tassina and SquarelyCircle like this.
  11. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Molly, why do you have to be staring at that glitch npc's plates? You do know that they don't take kindly to that, right? :p
    Also, all glitch should talk like HK 47 from KOTOR. That would make my day.

12. Phanpie

Phanpie Void-Bound Voyager

I KNOW YOURE THERE UPDATE, COME ON OUT! :DD

ChronoFlux likes this.
  13. SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the update.

14. asdfghjkl1234567890

asdfghjkl1234567890 Big Damn Hero

15. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

Hah my Glitches name is based off of HK-47's

Titanium, Zoolot and King Leonidas like this.
  16. Chobin

Chobin Phantasmal Quasar

I posted this in the September 25th update thread but it got overlooked because most people don't read past the first page. So here it is again, with some changes for new and already answered questions.

Will NPCs react to damage done by you intelligently? For example, if there were monsters about or maybe even attacking a villager and when you swung you happened to hit both villager and monster or say you're using a rapid fire gun and the villager happened to be in the way and took the brunt of the shots; would they understand the mistake and let you continue fighting the monster? Would the guards be called immediately? Is there a middle area where you have a number of 'chances' to finish off the monster before being called on for your reckless actions?

How long does NPC memory last? Will every crime you've ever committed, accidentally or otherwise, be permanently on your record? Are there certain crimes that can be forgiven? Would said forgivable crimes stack to a point where they must be paid off somehow? Will theft (taking/breaking items in an NPC's home) be a thing and how will it be monitored by NPCs? I can understand it could be difficult to take into account using traditional line of sight, seeing as how one could easily just build a temporary wall to block the field of view, unless building in a restricted area is punishable as well.

[EDIT1] Is there any way to hide from the guards? If you attack a villager or someone sees you steal something and then reports you to the guards can you evade pursuit while still remaining in the town? Or will they magically know exactly where you are? [/EDIT1]

[EDIT2] Will you be able to bribe guards or villager? Bribing guards; when a villager runs up to them to report you, if it is a guard you had bribed, they will tell the villager they'll handle it, run off to put on a show, but then never actually do anything. Obviously this will be a tricky situation for anyone not rich enough to bribe every guard in town but that's what makes it more fun. For villagers, just simply bribing them not to report a crime. It shouldn't be as simple as that, though. Some villagers should report crimes, anyway. Maybe the bribe isn't good enough. Maybe they don't accept the bribe or even maybe they do, but they had no intentions of keeping quiet to begin with. Free things plus a criminal thrown in jail/killed. Win/win for them, right? Or maybe. just maybe. This villager happens to also be a criminal and supports what you're doing? So along as it doesn't directly hinder them, that is. [/EDIT2]

Is there any way to make amends to the guards or citizens of a town or village? Maybe you made a mistake and didn't want to hurt that poor chicken. Maybe you're roleplaying and you targeted a specific individual to kill and then wanted to turn yourself in for whatever reason. Obviously guards will chase if you run, but will they respond to nothing? If you just stand there with no weapon drawn or make no move to run away or attack them, will you still be met with full aggression?

I'm also curious if there's any sort of respawn rate for villages that have had their occupants slain, one way or another. Will the population slowly rebuild? Or will it eventually become permanently deserted if you aren't keeping a constant eye on it?

What happens to NPCs in homes that you accidentally or purposely partially destroy, to the point that the game cannot flag the domain as 'livable' and the NPC can not longer stay there? Will the building be repaired eventually by the NPCs to make it available again? Or could you potentially just remove a few blocks from several homesteads and easily obtain an entire pre-built village all for your own?

If there are several villages or towns near to each other, will the hostility or crimes of one town carry over to the next? If you went on a killing spree in one town I don't very well think the occupants of the next village would like you wandering theirs too much. Unless there's some sort of faction system and the people you killed happened to be opposition/competitors of some sort?

The same thing for highly developed civilizations. Will they be able to communicate some of your transgressions to other advanced civilizations on the off chance you may end up there, as well?

17. Zyloss

Zyloss Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm 100% sure they take our ideas into account :3

tassina likes this.
  18. Grannysniff

Grannysniff Pangalactic Porcupine

Honestly, this game is turning out great. Though 2013 is near the end, and that means we only have a few months before the "2013" release date :>

EDIT: Also, The beta is even sooner..

19. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

"they'll work the fields", huh?
    Hmmmm... I can imagine some serious fun involving crops, guards and some very angry civilians...

BrenSage, tassina and RomyCat like this.
  20. RomyCat

RomyCat Industrial Terraformer

Sweet! Chatting NPC's in a language players can understand! Not just weird sounds that make no sense....like a certain popular unnamed game I play.

You are really bringing those NPC's to life. I love that they will work in the fields and move around based on time of day. I will want to befriend the villagers, not raid their homes . Great job again.