16th September Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 17, 2013.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

16th September Progress

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Ganta

Ganta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking great!

BrenSage and Medenutcracka like this.
  3. Some people take this stuff way serious, save us from see "Po Related Refunds" o_O

Starbound shouldn't be that serious, that "white and black", it will end up boring. It needs this kind of funny and humors stuff, if you want a serious space exploration with full simulation game you might look for X Rebirth and not Starbound.

For example, i can't imagine Terraria still being fun without the humorous/funny content and its very own fantasy style. Starbound is surely more serious and complete than Terraria but it still needs fun for we lol every once a while. :love:

I'm sure the majority of us while playing will have some fun in a encounter with this kind of stuff! The Po did evolved! :rofl:

Gredd18, Menasor, Deptic and 37 others like this.
  4. Beanallean

Beanallean Void-Bound Voyager

I <3 Poop golem. Can I mount it and ride it into the sunset?

Menasor, Deptic, BrenSage and 22 others like this.
  5. SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

The poop golem is way cooler than the po. The po wasn't bad because it was poop. It was bad because it was stereotypical, smiling poop... kind of like a person who can't sing well singing loudly on a long car ride.

Edit: I actually love this poop golem. I can't wait to run into him. Too bad he'll be surrounded by annoying pos. :/

6. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Keep up the great work like always :chucklefish:

BrenSage and Svarr Chanston like this.
  7. Wolfie373

Wolfie373 Aquatic Astronaut

Looks awesome :D!

BrenSage and legodude2 like this.
  8. Deity

Deity Title Not Found

I love you Molly :3

Menasor, BrenSage, Minnigin and 4 others like this.
  9. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Nice.

I guess once you got rid of the smile, everyone didn't mind it as much.

10. irongamer

irongamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you image trying to fight a sewage golem with a melee weapon? Those things would have a huge repel radius. Ranged weapons only or at least preferred. Definitely no hammers... Maybe it should have a chance to poison or disease the players if killed by melee weapons.

11. Diagnosan

Diagnosan Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wouldn't worry too much about walking on eggshells around this stuff, Molly. The tone of the game has been pretty obvious from the start, I remember a friday update about the same penguins that caused such a tantrum on the forums after the I49 in early 2012. Plus, have people even SEEN the randomly generated monsters? Anyone who doesn't understand either hasn't been around for long or just strait up hasn't been paying attention.

Reynbowz, Menasor, Fairawen and 19 others like this.
  12. You devs really don't want me to have a life when Starbound comes out, do you?
    It'll go from exploring alien worlds, to befriending alien species, to having a relationship with some avian chick. Pun not intended, or else that would be kind of creepy. Oh wait it already is creepy.

Fruiteyes, Joofl, BrenSage and 15 others like this.
  13. Brancakez

Brancakez Orbital Explorer

The poo.. its.. EVOLVING!!!

Deptic, BrenSage, ChadWicky and 2 others like this.
  14. Danner16

Danner16 Big Damn Hero

It's a Golgothan, just get your air freshener if you want to take it alive(Air freshener-knocks strong odors out).

15. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Didn't George say the Po was probably the lowest you would go? Now you're adding one more. (Somewhat reasonably as its an offshoot/evolution/related but still)
    Are you sure this is the last? o_O

Jonesy likes this.
  16. Archilai

Archilai Title Not Found

I like it. Keep it up guys, the models look better with each new addition!

Menasor, BrenSage and llamunkapus like this.
  17. traveler1219

traveler1219 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's kind of sad when people take the game so seriously that they can't even enjoy the humor of monsters like the Po. I think the Chucklefish team is doing a good job of keeping this game serious while allowing some humor in as well. It's a good balance and I like it. Keep it up guys :)

Menasor, Aluna, BrenSage and 12 others like this.
  18. nekisaur

nekisaur Void-Bound Voyager

Amazazing :D? [​IMG]

19. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

Yay, update!

BrenSage likes this.
  20. Twisty

Twisty Void-Bound Voyager

why cant the po be smiling? i mean if i were a po id like think i have a sense of humor about my crappy life. smile away po. and keep on truckin mr poop golem. that's MR!!!! poop golem

Menasor, ggh325 and uthere1 like this.