13 September Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

GeorgeV submitted a new blog post:

13 September Update

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

llink750, Chafoux, Menasor and 28 others like this.
  2. CrateMuncher

CrateMuncher Big Damn Hero

Awesome!

BrenSage likes this.
  3. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Great update thanks GeorgeV!

In my opinion the text is a little big.

Also, along this discussion, you guys have a status button to highlight intractable objects already right? Maybe link auto-highlighting of certain item ids based on active quests? That way the ship locker would blink when you're on a quest to open it. I have no idea how complicated it would be technically, but it could be an elegant solution.

4. restredainted

restredainted Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah ship locker wasn't obvious, I remember lots of people asked where that one guy ( I forgot his name) go the big sword he had. Glad it's obvious now :3 I don't want to have to go through the same with my friends hehe.

5. O.o_That_Guy_o.O

O.o_That_Guy_o.O Void-Bound Voyager

maybe instead of using big text, place an image of the locker in the quest menu or make it slightly larger. still, interesting update

6. Masa K.

Masa K. Tentacle Wrangler

Looks good to me! It may be a bit too texty for my tastes, but it's all about making sure new players know what's up right?
    A fine choice, I'd say.

Menasor, darknessforbid and tassina like this.
  7. Muffinut

Muffinut Star Wrangler

Can we have the option of removing the text later, or have the text just be temporary to get the feel of the ship at the start?

8. NixillUmbreon

NixillUmbreon Void-Bound Voyager

I think it should be optional (default on) and applied to more items - that way, new players joining a server don't have to ask "what's this thing, what's this thing, what's this thing", but experienced players can turn it off to not have all the text above everything.

9. Davosalm

Davosalm Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for the locker update! Now we can see better :p

Svarr Chanston and BrenSage like this.
  10. Deathgarnet

Deathgarnet Title Not Found

I think it looks nice.

11. Renzenkin

Renzenkin Aquatic Astronaut

I must say i like the "texty" look... as long as it is not overdone to an extreme.

PabloM and killpay like this.
  12. Pingeh

Pingeh Pangalactic Porcupine

Interesting. Would be nice though if a player could remove the text later on after they're used to where everything is.

Silver86, Cardbo, micheel665 and 24 others like this.
  13. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Seems a bit larger then I would expect... out of place. Hmn.

If the problem was players not doing what the text says.. why not make beaming down impossible -until- they grab the stuff in the locker? As a check to make sure they read the quest OR at least are prepared before leaving the ship?

If labeling is an issue still maybe something clear but a little less.. neon gaudy.. look at me? It seems so large and.. blatant. sledgehammery in terms of what it is. I know they need to see it but.. you maybe went a little to much in that direction.

14. RinValak

RinValak Master Chief

Could use icons instead of words. Or just give them a glowy outline and when you hover over the text displays.

15. EarthlyOdin

EarthlyOdin Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe quest markers would be a good addition so you don't have to make everything involving a quest glow neon with a giant HEY I'M REALLY IMPORTANT sign over here.

Xiirovanii, Morzan, Chadpole and 11 others like this.
  16. Brionkendo

Brionkendo Master Chief

Nice! Can we have more livestreams please? I need more video content fixes! :D

Cardbo, D.rrizll and SquarelyCircle like this.
  17. GhostZero

GhostZero Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was thinking of this myself. Have it so the text is only there for the first few visits to the ship? Or make it something configurable in the options?

Morzan, Ahbahl, Metaphoenix78 and 8 others like this.
  18. Mizaria

Mizaria Star Wrangler

Maybe it is just because I played a lot of point&clicks and adventure games growing up but to me it seems silly to dive headfirst into action without exploring your surroundings first. Perhaps a highlight overlay to point things out during quests would be better than a nearly literal neon sign pointing stuff out but I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement at this point.

19. Well that is nice but it could only react on mouse-over, like when you mouse-over, the text and the effect shows up so it's not always there.

So it's one "standby" screen waiting to mouse-over to activate it will surely please everyone. :lolwut:

bluecameraman, xdhaun, zaus and 16 others like this.
  20. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Looks good, keep up the good work as always!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.