Shipwrecks Underwater

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by CAN7touch7HIS, Jul 7, 2013.

?

Should there be underwater shipwrecks?

1. Yes!

98.8%
  2. No!

1.2%
  1. CAN7touch7HIS

CAN7touch7HIS Void-Bound Voyager

Perhaps a nice way of discovering loot, you can find shipwrecks underwater. Surely boats are still in use?

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

Twig Arcane Empires likes this.
  3. PurpleSquirel43

PurpleSquirel43 Pangalactic Porcupine

I fully support this idea! It may add more atmosphere underwater.

4. Twig Arcane Empires

Twig Arcane Empires Sandwich Man

sure why not?

5. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice xD this would be fun to explore even better if there are "air" bubbles inside the sunken ship so that it is dry there and the longer you stay there the less air remains and the more water gets into the room because the pressure is disappearing

ChaosDichter, Trowzers and Zichqec like this.
  6. Master Catfish

Master Catfish Void-Bound Voyager

Do they have to be water ships? I would be happy to find crashed spaceships underwater, too! Or on land, for that matter.

7. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Would be very, very nice imo. :DD But they should be very rare, and under the oceans. It would be better that way!

8. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

I'd support this idea, under some qualifiers:
    • It's gotta occur on an inhabited, or previously inhabited world (no people, no boats).
    • The world's got to have at least one significant body of water, or at least had a significant body of water in the past (you might find a sunken wreck in a dried-up sea, but not if the world never had seas in the first place).
    • The sapient species on that world has to have been capable of building boats (can't sink what was never made).
    • The sunken ships must be equal to or less than technological level of the species that owned it (you can't have a sunken diesel-powered cargo freighter if the race on the world never got past triremes)
    • Loot from a sunken ship must match the wreck itself (you aren't going to find treasure chests full of gold doubloons from a sunken whaling ship).

9. CAN7touch7HIS

CAN7touch7HIS Void-Bound Voyager

good :)

10. SpaceHyena

SpaceHyena Zero Gravity Genie

MHM! I love pirates! Though the shipwrecks dont necesary come from pirates I think it would be cool if you found items such as flintlock pistols that would have high damadge but long reaload time and sabres, swods with small reach but high damadge. If well done I think ship wrecks would be really interesting since there is not much happening underwater right? ;)

Foxforce1 and legodude2 like this.
  11. MATRIX_X

MATRIX_X Poptop Tamer

Nice idea, mybe add some chests with treasures.

12. Gaure

Gaure Space, The Final Frontier

13. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

If you use that story/idea for this idea you get the scariest deep sea treasure hunting EVER D:

Zichqec likes this.
  14. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I'd be surprised if it wasn't already slated for implementation as a dungeon type.

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  15. Archilai

Archilai Title Not Found

Yes. A thousand times, yes.

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  16. darkqueen

darkqueen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Has to have cool music like all the metroid water areas hahaha :metroid:

17. Cory Wilson

Cory Wilson Master Chief

I think the idea is great, and should clearly be implemented, but rarity is important, of course. Not every single ocean should have sunken ships, especially on planets that don't have any other evidence of discovery/explorer activity.

It would be more likely that planets would have crashed ships, which sunk into the ocean upon impact. Or ships which failed to reach space. Might as well just say now that it'd be another cool idea to have very rare ship wrecks of other explorers from times gone by. Perhaps they were marooned and are now NPC's or perhaps they perished on impact or shortly there after due to some lurking/foreboding threat.

Argthrond likes this.
  18. mojoe4

mojoe4 Space Spelunker

19. warlava50

warlava50 Subatomic Cosmonaut

what if someone landed on the planet and had to get across a ocean(and the planet was uninhabited)and they sunk?
    or if the ship looked liked a whaling ship to stop people from stealing the cargo?

20. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do what you want cause' a pirate is free, you are a pirate! This sounds like an awesome idea. But make sure that there will be air pockets in the submarine/boat/space ship because 6 of the seven races will drown without diving equipment. ^^