24th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

I don't like your idea of what counts as a "spoiler" or "not".

Some of us actually consider mere graphics as spoilers, because, believe it or not, we relish those experiences.

It is my very personal jurisdiction that the very atmosphere of something is to be taken in all at once in a unified confluence of experience.

Wait, I—
    Never mind what I said, then.

I am very confused now.

tassina likes this.
  2. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will these mini-bosses be wandering the planet, cause if so, I'm dead...simple as that

But seriously, you're making out-standing progress on Starbound Tiy and the whole team! We really love what you are doing! Chewing my fingers for the beta will be well worth it (if my fingers are gone by then, I'll use my freaking tongue to play this game ;))!

3. Ashen

Ashen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hm, I don't fully understand what Tiy is saying here. I think it would be best if Tiy uploaded a video of quests in action with the entire Chucklefish team. They could simply play a few quests that are in no way spoilerific, so that I can understand exactly what is going on. I would say a video no shorter than four hours would elaborate the problem here and would allow me, and many others, sufficient information for adequate feedback.

BTW, I really do understand I am being factetious unless Tiy really wants to make a video of any length /please?

4. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope bosses won't be summonable. This is stupid.

Menasor, OldNESJunkie and samufel like this.
  5. GodBlock

GodBlock Orbital Explorer

Looking fantastic as always guys, really appreciate my daily dose of everything starbound.

Must say between waiting for this and GTA V I'm going crazy, hope they don't release at the same time!!

6. MarxConvarcus

MarxConvarcus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It doesn't seem beta is going to be an incomplete game, Beta might be more like a complete game with a few bugs.

7. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And it will come out in late December 2013. And then, after a week or so of "testing", it'll fully release in January 2014.

rigapotato and MarxConvarcus like this.
  8. Scourger

Scourger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please don't change the font; it's great the way it is.

9. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Very cool update, thanks. :)

10. Degraine

Degraine Subatomic Cosmonaut

I haven't had a problem reading the font myself, but I can see how it would be difficult to parse.

tassina likes this.
  11. Care to share your source of that information ?

12. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Starbound doesn't exists without Bartwe. And what's wrong with the font? In my opinion it's perfect, just don't screw it up, please :(

13. I love reading about these daily updates, it's soo cool to hear about daily implementations, fixes and additions to your most anticipated game :D
    Although I have to say this - the font is a bit too small to be perfectly honest.
    Other than that good job team, keep it up !

tassina and Titanium like this.
  14. Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

The font is nice the way it is. I concur when people say there's not many ways to make a pixel font.

15. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it's good as it is, but… Yea, I'd love to have some slider thing in options, which scales the font by my taste. Someone should suggest it or maybe not.

16. AurionTenjo

AurionTenjo Void-Bound Voyager

Will these quests be things that are added by the game at fixed points, such as leveling up or completing the last, or will you be able to go to a kind of hub station and get quests from NPCs there? Either way, it'll really help stretch out each character's playtime. A cool idea might be the introduction of player-made quests that are approved by the community. Ah, but that's better saved for the suggestion box, no?

I can't say enough how much I'm anticipating this game.

tassina likes this.
  17. TheAmberChicken

TheAmberChicken Void-Bound Voyager

I thought today was the day for some reason... I guess not maybe tomorrow?

18. Cassiterides

Cassiterides Void-Bound Voyager

I actually don't mind the current font. I am ambivalent to it changing.

The quest system looks phenomenal though!

tassina likes this.
  19. OMGJJ

OMGJJ Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope some of the bosses are really over the top and not just a generic massive skeleton. :)

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  20. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

Where did the "dislike" button go?

tassina, Axe Garian and Leak like this.