Crashed spaceships/stations/satellites

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by ImprobableLobster, Jun 24, 2013.

1. ImprobableLobster

ImprobableLobster Void-Bound Voyager

I think that it would be pretty great if you could find crashed spaceships/stations/satellites/other celestial objects on planets. Perhaps they could be carrying deadly and/or valuable cargo. They could be recent wrecks that are still on fire or ancient crashes that have been overgrown with flora and fauna.

Thoughts?

2. lop145

lop145 Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds like a great idea, what i would like to see is the option to research and reverse engineer things on the ship/satellite.

3. ArkhamCityGamer

ArkhamCityGamer Master Chief

That's really good.. kinda like the metorites from terraria, but with more meaning and cooler looking. (y)

4. JNC

JNC Tentacle Wrangler

5. Nikkey

Nikkey Master Chief

Oh, yes! :idea: Maybe even on this basis has appeared a random mission? Save the victims, or something more is not trivial.

6. LoneRobo

LoneRobo Sandwich Man

Reminds of me Super Metroid's haunted ship! :up:

7. backeby

backeby Big Damn Hero

Please, no crashing satellites unless there was a previous spacefaring civilization on the planet. (if we wanna be more realistic, most satellites burn up during re-entry, at least in an earth like atmosphere)

8. JAGYOUARE

JAGYOUARE Phantasmal Quasar

I think I remember seeing a crashed space ship/station in an old live stream last year. I'm fairly certain it was in the really long stream in November.

Gonzo18 likes this.
  9. RikSharp

RikSharp Pangalactic Porcupine

They would have to be super rare, but I'm on board with the idea.

Daubiht, TheKrister2 and PabloM like this.
  10. Nyteman

Nyteman Orbital Explorer

One of my favorite scenes in all of cinema is the scene in Alien where the crew boards the strange ship only to become party to the first of the alien appearances. I think adding some sort of discoverable invasive species/invasive plantlife/contagion would be a very interesting way to keep the game lively (perhaps hints that could tip the player towards discovering more about the strange arrival could be found at the site).

11. PyroChillzGamer

PyroChillzGamer Void-Bound Voyager

I think this is an awesome idea! :DD

kottadragon likes this.
  12. Twig Arcane Empires

Twig Arcane Empires Sandwich Man

Suppose some cargo boxes containing a deadly virus had been broken open in the ship, and you will die if you stay there for too long, giving a time limit to be in and out. Maybe armour could offer resistance to this virus, just an idea. :)

13. darlel

darlel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

or there could be parts that were salvageable and cargo that you could perform scientific research on to advance and depending on what it had could effect the planet dramatically or not so much.:mwahaha:

14. darlel

darlel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

also there might be creatures that break out of the ships.

Attached Files:

z0han4eg and Twig Arcane Empires like this.
  15. Change568

Change568 Space Penguin Leader

a very legit idea.

kottadragon and darlel like this.
  16. PurpleSquirel43

PurpleSquirel43 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thats great! Makes it seem less like you're the only one out there...

kottadragon, Sekrasus and darlel like this.
  17. Spike

Spike Supernova

Yeah, I can confirm that. Crashed spaceships are already in-game.

18. Paranormalcactus

Paranormalcactus Phantasmal Quasar

i want this as well but i want a whole planet thats basically a spaceship graveyard that was created from like a war that has long past but offers recyclable salvage which can be reformed into basic building materials. of course the life forms in a planet like this could range from anything to a small colony of old war survivors or it can be rouge machines and robots or it can be a colony of robot and machines or it can be a colony of both robots and humans who survived the war. plenty of possibilitys here.

19. Luffy

Luffy Aquatic Astronaut

kottadragon, Windcaller and Sekrasus like this.
  20. Visuv

Visuv Space Hobo

Very nice!