1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

(24/7 - Vanilla) (soundofviolence.eu) - "Hymn to the stars!"

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by sovredcat, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sovredcat

sovredcat Big Damn Hero

This server is closed due to lack of interest by the Starbound Community.

Sound of Violence "Hymn to the stars"

About:
    We are an international gaming community and welcome players from all over the world. We provide discussion boards, game-servers and voice chat for our members to participate in and are hosting events on a regular basis for our members.

More info can be found here:
    http://soundofviolence.eu/index.php?page=community_info

Features:
    - 64 slots running 24/7 on a dedicated server.
    - StarryPy for administration, this allows us to get rid of players breaking the rules and much more.
    - Claim a planet! If you want to claim a planet as your own ask one of our admins and we'll make it happen. You can claim a planet in any sector apart from sector X.
    - Restarts every 2 hours to prevent lag and other issues.
    - Automatic restarts, if the server goes down it will automatically restart.
    - Automatic backups of the server every 12 hours.
    - Sector X is for PVP, we higly encourage players to team up and kill eachother in Sector X.

What can you expect?
    - Friendly and mature community.
    - Running vanilla.
    - 99.99% uptime.
    - No griefers or cheaters.

Rules
    1. No glitching, cheating, stealing, griefing
    2. Be respectful to other players and our staff.
    3. Keep it friendly.

How to join?
    Fill in this form with the necessary information and we will review it.
    Code:
    Ingame name(s):
    Link to steam profile:
    I want to join because:

We recommend you join the server ONCE before you apply, this will register your player ID on the server and we can give you build rights faster.

If we decide to allow you build rights on our server we will send you a personal message here on these forums.

In the meantime feel free to join the server and hang out with us, the server ip is as followed:
    Code:
    soundofviolence.eu:21025

Although not required feel free to register at www.soundofviolence.eu - we have a starbound specific section with more information about the server such as homeworld coordinates, more detailed rules etc. This is also where we host special events for the server.

If you have any question or problems feel free to post here.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    neverdie1111 likes this.
  2. AlphaX10

AlphaX10 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good server, great players; I would play this again.

3. sovredcat

sovredcat Big Damn Hero

Thanks, it's been a joy so far. Peak of 40 players:chrono:

It's a bit laggy though. The server is pretty damn powerful but sadly the Starbound server itself is not very optimized! I've made it so the server restarts every 4 hours, to hopefully kill some of the lag every 4 hours. Hopefully a optimization patch will come out soon! If you got any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact me here on on my website www.soundofviolence.eu

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  4. Vale

Vale Master Chief

Just went in, spawned at the bottom of the planet and every block was destroyed, seems the home planet has been broken and/or hacked on

5. smashervt

smashervt Space Hobo

Yea god lucky that i quickly left. Poor planet.

6. sovredcat

sovredcat Big Damn Hero

Yeah sorry about that guys, someone is cheating and doing that. Quite sad really and not much I can do about that. I have considered adding a password, but that will likely not solve much either.

Server will restart every 2 hours now to get rid of any lag. I talked to some devs and they're working on a solution for the lag.

As far as the griefing goes, I will just have to remove the universe for now until the devs have tools in place to prevent this which should be next update.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  7. Aurora2021

Aurora2021 Intergalactic Tourist

Your Starbound character name(s): Farnswoggle (May be more)
    Your Steam profile: Aurora2021
    Why do you want to join this server? Good performance, good people, now private and less griefing.

8. Preysteshion

Preysteshion Void-Bound Voyager

9. Ivysaur

Ivysaur Intergalactic Tourist

Your Starbound character name(s): Ivysaur
    Your Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/no1lives4ever01
    Why do you want to join this server? I was currently playing on the server when you decided to go to needing a password. I have not played long but I do enjoy it. You seem to have one of the few servers that is operating without a great deal of lag.

10. Katukaz

Katukaz Intergalactic Tourist

11. Zeth09

Zeth09 Space Hobo

Starbound Character Name: Lirium
    Steam Profile: Zeth09

I know your secret identity...It would be wise to add me to the server so i don't spill the beans 0.0

12. Reishii

Reishii Big Damn Hero

13. sovredcat

sovredcat Big Damn Hero

Hey guys, thanks I am working on the server right now. I will give you your passwords as soon as I sort it out.

14. sovredcat

sovredcat Big Damn Hero

Alright check your PM's here on the forum :)

15. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Your Starbound character name(s): Yuki
    Your Steam profile: Sorry not posting that publicly.
    Why do you want to join this server?: My laptop can't handle playing single player; so it's important to me that a sever is friend and simi safe; as I enjoy building.

16. sovredcat

sovredcat Big Damn Hero

I've send you a PM Yuki.

17. noxtrooper

noxtrooper Void-Bound Voyager

Your Starbound character name(s): noxtrooper
    Your Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021797315/
    Why do you want to join this server? : I've max out my char so i'd like to play with a great community and having fun , explore , build some place for the server and helping new char . i'm friendly , mature and i play for fun , see you later on the server :D

Edit : I'm a great bard to ;)

18. Kerinthozis

Kerinthozis Space Hobo

Your Starbound character name(s): Thorncutter
    Your Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997048482
    Why do you want to join this server? We had this thing going on with some friends we liked and the server seemed pretty nice no particular griefers on our side and a good community especially there is a band not every server has one :rofl: But we enjoyed playing here!

19. sovredcat

sovredcat Big Damn Hero

Check your PM:catface:

20. Digitalysm

Digitalysm Orbital Explorer

Your Starbound character name(s): Sellvey
    Your Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sellvey/
    Why do you want to join this server? : I played with you guys yesterday and had a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.