16th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Tiy submitted a new blog post:

16th June Progress

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. over01

over01 Big Damn Hero

3. mario3585

mario3585 Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, 2 early updates in a row! The twitch console idea sounds really cool, as long as you have the option to place it anywhere/have it at all.

4. Cl0wnslayer

Cl0wnslayer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Me likey. Maybe not the facebook integration, but twitch will be great.

Bombzero, Sundew, Stylµs and 4 others like this.
  5. Ario08

Ario08 Star Wrangler

Yeah may be it will be useful for someone... but i could never use this :rolleyes:

6. doguso

doguso Big Damn Hero

The Twitch thing is a great idea. I can see how useful things like that, things typical to a video game now, can be more useful with enhanced accessibility.

Personally, I keep everything disconnected from my facebook. I don't even have my phone number and only one email (the registered one) attached to my FB. So I don't mind an item connecting Starbound and twitter/FB but only if it's unintrusive/optional... because I certainly wouldn't use it.

Stylµs, SuperMann and Katlatze like this.
  7. Grakiao

Grakiao Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the idea of it being in-game item and not just something that breaks the immersion when playing.

8. El Matador

El Matador Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure what Twitch settings are, but from what the main idea sounds like, it looks great!

9. Seb

Seb Phantasmal Quasar

Considering that I know you'd do the integration well, I think it's a great idea. :)

Ripin3, Tower07, Bars and 4 others like this.
  10. Joakim Hansen

Joakim Hansen Space Spelunker

What about a tv, where you can watch videos from youtube?

ChadWicky, Unique, Ripin3 and 33 others like this.
  11. Revso

Revso Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well now I can't wait even more!
    As soon as this game comes out, I'll probably be sinking soooo many hours into this game in my free time!!
    Even though I'm British, I'll be drinking a lot of coffee! :proper::coffee:

P.S - For everyone who streams like myself this will be an awesome thing with Twitch, great idea guys!

P.S.S - Happy Fathers day to everyone still in Fathers day! It's now 1am so it's not Fathers Day anymore :rofl:

Heavy692, Zinerith and Samiz like this.
  12. firerider521

firerider521 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That integration is very clever.

13. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I really don't see a point in this kind of content; not to be rude, but I'd much rather just have the game finished sooner, and unecessary details like this added post-release.

Sakaru, Necrius, Unique and 19 others like this.
  14. Spazda

Spazda Void-Bound Voyager

i think its a smart idea in the fact i rly dislike having buttons everywhere for diff online sites... so having item/object to what i would have to click on to open it means i can enjoy the game without distractions... i could see this might become a trend in alot of games when some devs get a look at how it works...

15. leax256

leax256 Space Penguin Leader

seems nice. I'll probally stick to Xsplit though. unless it has all the features of xsplit.

16. RomyCat

RomyCat Industrial Terraformer

As long as its a option and does not interfere with gameplay, I'm for it. I personally hate games like Farmville because every few seconds they say I have achieve something and do I want to share it. I constantly have to click "no" "No" "NO!"

When I'm playing a game, I don't want it to keep trying to advertise itself. That is vanity overblown a hundredfold. It jars me out of the reality of the game, making the experience unenjoyable. I prefer to spend money and buy a proper game that contains no advertisements.

Great games have no need to constantly advertise. World of mouth and the power of YouTube are very effect tools.

Bombzero, Zinerith, Jonesy and 2 others like this.
  17. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

I feel the twitch device should be way more apex themed, to go along with the whole "big brother is watching you" sorta thing.
    Twitter could be avian themed.
    Facebook human.

18. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

I love the idea of this. I was on a game once where Soundcloud was integrated and you could play playlists through it. The same with youtube, you could hang a tv and have it play youtube videos. I think integration like this is awesome, as long as it isn't intrusive.

19. jezuitx

jezuitx Pangalactic Porcupine

Not a big twitch person, but this seems pretty cool. It's definitely one way to show people your game in a place where a lot of gamers hang out.

20. Stream the Game? Hmmmmmmmm... I feel exposed.

It's nice for who likes streaming stuff.

Evinagro and Mikerlantz like this.