Flying creatures should be able to land on trees too

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by RXD, Jun 16, 2013.

?

Approve or not?

1. YES

98.0%
  2. I don't like birds on my trees

2.0%
  1. RXD

RXD Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Flying creatures should be able to land on trees too.

PLEASE

LunarStar, Mogg, Sefercil and 16 others like this.
  2. Revso

Revso Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YES! I remember posting one of my original posts onto here about making monkey like things that swing through trees, but not sure how that would go haha, buuut considering what the trees look like, it could be possilbe, fingers crossed and toes crossed, you never know!

PHANTOM-X01 likes this.
  3. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

This would add an extra amount of detail to the environment, even if it doesn't do much so YES ALL THE WAY!

4. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Yes why not. I hope my character can also land on the trees. :megusta:

Exxil3d and Aey like this.
  5. Revso

Revso Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well since I'll be playing an Avian.. I'll be like Predator!

Dougfunny3 likes this.
  6. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Yes, and I would stand on trees pretending to be part of the tree, spying on visitors, and all that fun stuff. :rainbow:

7. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

hmmm...I agree that some enemies camping in the tree, it make things bit more challenging for player's eyes, plus we got mortar shells with whole bunch stuff that have lots fire power then yea.

8. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

Yes please. Though I seem to recall a Daily Update that mentioned perches for flying mobs. I'd love to see these little guys landing in trees.

9. okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd love to see a larger flying animal land on a tree and watch the tree falls over while the animal frantically flaps away. Not necessary, but still... When you have flying elephants, shits gunna hit the ground.

Auraknight likes this.
  10. Rippedfang

Rippedfang Phantasmal Quasar

I have a brilliant idea!....wait for it......FLYING TREES!!! :cool: Yeah that's right, and they should be able to land on trees like everything else the other birds! (they'll blend in perfectly :sarcasm:) NEW IDEA! Trees that look like birds, feathers and all! I'm just blowing you guys away aren't I. :giggle:

alphabetsoup likes this.
  11. Twig Arcane Empires

Twig Arcane Empires Sandwich Man

Birds in trees... at least they move slower on trees so that they can be shot more easily

12. Bastard Man

Bastard Man Big Damn Hero

Literally... and hard.

13. Killian217

Killian217 Tentacle Wrangler

This would add some realism to the game, especially if every creature could get on trees!

14. Deadlyapples

Deadlyapples Zero Gravity Genie

I would love to be able to climb trees, sit on branches and drop bombs on people. Muhaha.

5pl1n73r and Auraknight like this.
  15. Dunham18

Dunham18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope that smaller mobs can.
    But giant birds out of the question unless giant trees (i think its gonna happen)

16. crazygamer2255

crazygamer2255 Phantasmal Quasar

connor kenway

17. Jarda

Jarda Space Hobo

18. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

When we saw Simon, Sips and Sjin play Starbound at Insomnia I think I saw a few flying creatures sitting on the ground, but I've never seen a flying creature sitting on the ground by myself.

19. CandyToast

CandyToast Void-Bound Voyager

Perhaps they could make the Leaves actual blocks... Making it so your character can land on them too! That idea has only been used in a 2D game once, Junk Jack. But I still think it would improve the mechanics.

20. alphabetsoup

alphabetsoup Subatomic Cosmonaut

At first, I thought it was a silly idea, then I was like "Hmm... actually... lots of real creatures disguise themselves to look like leaves. That might not be such a stupid idea after all." I think a flying leaf-creature might be awesome for terrorizing players and turning them paranoid, especially if there's a way to make said creatures look exactly like the foliage of the trees found on that planet, letting them blend in when they sit on the branches. And the bee orchid is thought to mimic exactly what it says on the tin, and trees that grow eyeballs and flesh already exist in game, so plants that look like animals aren't a huge stretch either (though I'm not sure what purpose that would serve other than to look cool in the game).

Rippedfang likes this.