18th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Anytime there is a hint of beta people will get in a tizzy, as people have said the showing at Insomnia does not prevent the beta from releasing beforehand (though it does seem unlikely). That being said I do think that the timeframe you mentioned is much more likely since like people have said they likely will give some sort of notice and it would make sense for them to spend a few more months tweaking the game to make sure they have a beta that is worth the wait.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  2. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tiy said they're basically finished with the major implementation... I think we all know what's coming in like 2 months :DD
    (Pssst, it starts with a B!)

3. Ammonite

Ammonite Space Penguin Leader

But then again it's really up close again, i wonder how much glow is appropriate.
    You still wanna feel the emptiness of space, don't you.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  4. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

Uhh.. uhm!! Bagels?! Wait! No, too plain.. no, um..!!
    Blueberry Muffins?!! No, it can't be, too much fruit!
    Butter!!
    Yeah! Yeah.. That's it!
    ...Butter...
    :badpokerface:

5. Driko

Driko Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dudes, PLEASE use your heads, if they will showcase starbound at insomnia festival....the beta will not launch before it,huh?
    So, you better keep your anxiety cooled till end of august

Sizzle likes this.
  6. linkthegamer

That is good advice. I only mention Tiy's post about not holding it back to make sure people know they are not going to keep it under lock and key if done before then. But it is definitely best to do as you said and expect it after insomnia and not before.

7. Rjak

Rjak Star Wrangler

You have all ready taked my money, so shut up! :p

Some say that we aint getting beta until end of august or before september, so dont be like beta is soon here... Well 1-2 months to me aint nothing, its pretty fast. Older you get the faster the time flyes. I was waiting beta when the pre-order started but after few forum post i forgot the thing. Now im waiting again. To me summer ends allways too soon and winter comes too fast (duh) so im sure starbound will come when autum and winter comes and ruins my life again. (I hate winter so much). So i say beta is soon here!

Im not making any point... i think but what ever... Im tired, lil drunk and sad becose summer is allmost over... So lets go play outside, run on the fields, fish and drink beer (or what ever you like) and beta will come.

Sorry about the poor english.

XoXo Gossip girl.

8. Psyme

Psyme Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I totally cannot wait until the Starbound Butter starts.

9. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

There's still people who care about Terraria? Damn, I totally forgot about that game.
    Makes me feel kinda sad since I had lots of fun with it. If only the developers didn't treat it as just a hobbie it would be side by side with Minecraft, in terms of popularity.

10. Bek

Bek Orbital Explorer

Will the Roadmap be updated sometime soon? It's not the most essential thing in the world, I know, but it would be nice for it to be current.

11. linkthegamer

Yeah, I recently got back into terraria (i had stopped playing about when hardmode came out) because I saw that it would be updating and I was like "Oh yeah, that game was FUN." Looks like 1.2 will add a lot of nice stuff. Also hear Red has plans for a sequel later on.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  12. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why must you make me hungry :)

13. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Shit, really? That would be cool. Where did you get that info?

14. shadownightes

shadownightes Master Chief

I don't really role play but we can still have lots of fun :D

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  15. linkthegamer

I found it while looking for 1.2 info, I can't find the original but I found a mention of it.

Source: http://rgz.ca/2013/03/interview-andrew-spinks/

Code:
    RegretZero: Haha cool. I didn’t know that. Are you working on any games other than Terraria
    or will you be soon? Or are you just keeping your focus on Terraria for now?

Redigit: I was really hoping to be working on the sequel by now but never had the chance.
    For now my main focus is updating Terraria.

16. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Also, planets with no atmosphere would be interesting. Like rocky planets with no vegetation above ground. This is where my subterranean life suggestion in the "Suggestions" section would be nifty.

It's cool to see Africa on top. It's a refreshing change from the normal globe you see in the west.

17. blobjim

blobjim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Good point :D